Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

play q3 for the rocket launcher and railgun, play ut for the flak cannon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Wormskull posted:

What the hell do people have against bunny hopping for God sake. I mean it's an unintuitive thing to learn, I give you that, but sheesh.

If a game doesn't have an epic movement technique it's probably dumb as hell.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
can we get an arena shooter that just rips off all of these games and each map has the mechanics from a different game. i want the halo: master chief of arena shooters.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
Lyrics:
Play Minecraft to cook some raw fish, because they smell really nasty. Kill some mobs before you get on their plate, so you don't get to feel the pain. And then you craft and mine and dig, to gain experience points ya. And then you strike to get raw pork from pigs, it has no end but it's still the best game.

(Chorus: It's the eye of the spider it's poison in one bite, oh look out, I'm an excellent fighter. The creepers and the zombies other mobs of the night, spiders give you some string and the eye, of the spider.)

Never eat the rotten flesh, it makes you starve in the night. Tame a wolf and train it to play fetch, just don't hit if you want to survive.

(Chorus)

Don't fall into the void it's so odd, when it comes to your days they're the last ones. Israphel he's no evil game mod, just the villain of the great Yogscast.

(Chorus)

(The eye of the spider) x4

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Sir AIDS posted:

Lyrics:
Play Minecraft to cook some raw fish, because they smell really nasty. Kill some mobs before you get on their plate, so you don't get to feel the pain. And then you craft and mine and dig, to gain experience points ya. And then you strike to get raw pork from pigs, it has no end but it's still the best game.

(Chorus: It's the eye of the spider it's poison in one bite, oh look out, I'm an excellent fighter. The creepers and the zombies other mobs of the night, spiders give you some string and the eye, of the spider.)

Never eat the rotten flesh, it makes you starve in the night. Tame a wolf and train it to play fetch, just don't hit if you want to survive.

(Chorus)

Don't fall into the void it's so odd, when it comes to your days they're the last ones. Israphel he's no evil game mod, just the villain of the great Yogscast.

(Chorus)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sir AIDS posted:

Lyrics:

(Chorus)

(Chorus)

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
spiders give you some string and the eye, of the spider

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sir AIDS posted:

spiders give you some string and the eye, of the spider

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish q2dm1_Railwhore still posted on this godforsaken website

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Wormskull posted:

By the way I booted up DM Classic and all the servers were dead but I never imagined it would be basically Quake World but on GoldSrc or w/e.

i played in a server by myself it was very epic

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I wish q2dm1_Railwhore still posted on this godforsaken website

Permabanned too young

Jawtramp
Nov 27, 2010

by XyloJW

Sir AIDS posted:

Retarded Person: LOok at this awesome and memorable FPS map

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I will never forget the adventures my friends and I had in Complex in Goldeneye.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Wormskull posted:

What the hell do people have against bunny hopping for God sake. I mean it's an unintuitive thing to learn, I give you that, but sheesh.

The lack of bunny hopping in modern games really chaps my hide

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
I think there's a place for FPS games without movement tricks, but personally I vastly prefer FPS games with movement tricks.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Wormskull posted:

The UT map that comes to people's minds first is a space corridor. lol

Give me a break dude.

actually its facing worlds

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Smythe posted:

actually its facing worlds

That's what I said.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The Ut map that comes to my mind is the one where its 4 sky scrapers. Man that map is epic.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I looked it up and it was 3 skyscrapers.

Astarath
Jun 23, 2008

Could I see a Hat Wobble?
so it was the most memorable UT map is what you're saying

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Pewdiepie posted:

I looked it up and it was 3 skyscrapers.

it was morpheus, and it was ftw

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
UT's only really cool guns are the Flak Cannon, the Shock Rifle, and the Redeemer.

the translocator is crazy fun and telefragging people with it owns but it's a gimmick item

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Err, you forgot the only actually cool gun, the BioRifle, preferably the really sick looking one from UT3 that looks like a Mortal Kombat move.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I don't like the biorifle's primary fire, but the secondary is really cool and good. It'd be fun in a fast movement game.

El Spider
Nov 9, 2012

>plebians talking about stock UT and ignoring hte other 90% of the game's content from the modding community

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

eight quidlings posted:

>plebians talking about stock UT and ignoring hte other 90% of the game's content from the modding community

ChaosUT is the only thing that matters, and the only thing that comes to mind in it is the crossbow, which is a cooler sniper rifle.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

It is okay to like quake and ut for different reasons, imps.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kazvall posted:

:rolleyes:

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

:dukedog:

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Astarath posted:

so it was the most memorable UT map is what you're saying

For me definitely.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Doctor Goat posted:

UT's only really cool guns are the Flak Cannon, the Shock Rifle, and the Redeemer.

the translocator is crazy fun and telefragging people with it owns but it's a gimmick item

And a gun that shoots buzzsaws isn't cool to you?!

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
if it couldn't headshot i would never equip it, ever

it's still a gun i don't get excited to pick up

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

wormskull did u know that you make an appearance in ultima 7 part 2

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Kazvall posted:

yeah right. pick a side, chump. stand for nothing and you'll fall for anything

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

rediscover posted:

yeah right. pick a side, chump. stand for nothing and you'll fall for anything

gently caress this poo poo right here

if you get bored of one you go play the other and you can do this indefinitely into the future because nothing better is coming out

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I'm at work right now and I just wanna play quake live. I should pay for a few months

El Spider
Nov 9, 2012

Kazvall posted:

it really doesnt make sense to compare the two to each other anyway since they're fairly different, but that's me speaking as a quake/ut fag

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's extremely illegal to like the game that someone else doesn't like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

conceitedguy posted:

wormskull did u know that you make an appearance in ultima 7 part 2

Mmm, yes, I wasn't aware I had a slight double chin that makes me look like a nancy boy. Really? gently caress you. This is just insulting, you horse's rear end.

• Locked thread