Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
http://www.archetypestudios.net/project-z/

website posted:

“Project Z” is the working title for Archetype Studio’s currently unreleased first-person shooter. The game features high-flying freedom of movement, physics-based weaponry, and player choice. Fans of FPS-Z games such as Tribes or Legions: Overdrive will feel right at home, while players new to the genre will experience a new challenge that breaks the mold of traditional mass-produced shooters.

wonder if hi-rez will c&d this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's called Project Z because even the developers fall asleep playing clones of this stupid game.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Redundant.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
get a grip.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
thats basically some random guys blog with some wacom tablet drawingso n it

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wish hi-rez didn't kill tribes

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Larry Parrish posted:

:smith:

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

I.N.R.I posted:

thats basically some random guys blog with some wacom tablet drawingso n it

he keeps a u-draw tablet hooked up to his wii just for this poo poo

loga mira
Feb 16, 2011

WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE NAZIS?

Larry Parrish posted:

ta is still up i play it every couple months or so. still lots of ppl on eu servers at least

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

loga mira posted:

ta is still up i play it every couple months or so. still lots of ppl on eu servers at least

wtf? i thought they shut the servers down.

loga mira
Feb 16, 2011

games thread wants the game to get shut down so they can bithc and moan bout it every now and then it gewts bumped with some rear end in a top hat announcjng its dead...

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial
well yeah games doesn't like games they just like to bitch

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i swear i tried to play it a few months back and it wasnt letting me connect, but maybe that was just a scheduled downtime or something

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the game is still up and people still play it

hi-rez just stopped giving a poo poo about it and went off to chase the MOBA dollar so it's only a matter of time

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

loga mira posted:

games thread wants the game to get shut down so they can bithc and moan bout it every now and then it gewts bumped with some rear end in a top hat announcjng its dead...

yeah the guy who made the thread even locked it so he could call it a dead game

they're not updating it anymore but it's still perfectly playable

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah i got on and had some fun. most of the servers with good ping for the states seem to just loove that rainy map they added right before they stopped updating it at all. that maps horrible and they only added it so they could jerk off old tribes players.

loga mira
Feb 16, 2011

on the other hand hawken

I LOVE MY DED GAY GAME hirez made the right choice imo player goodwill isnt much when your poo poo is terminally hosed

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's just weird that they dropped tribes like a sack of potatoes. it was decently popular before they stopped updating it.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-uHSx-YrSA

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Larry Parrish posted:

it's just weird that they dropped tribes like a sack of potatoes. it was decently popular before they stopped updating it.

hi rez has a habit of doing that

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Tribes Arse-End

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Larry Parrish posted:

they wanted to hop on that MOBA train, baby

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

surely spending resources on trying to compete with DOTA and LoL will introduce a third big boy into the market, with a sprawling community and untold amounts of revenue. it won't be totally ignored and die within weeks, no way

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
league of legends is basically a runaway off the wall success story considering how almost every other small company moba is insanely unpopular and nobody has ever heard of them. there's even ones that weren't based off of dota that have all of 5 people playing them.

so basically its like seeing someone fish a $100 out of a trash can so you quit your job and dedicate your life to dumpster diving for spare change.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Buck Turgidson posted:

Tribes Arse-End

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

in concept phase

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

what a loving meaningless phrase

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
always down to jugg

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

surely spending resources on trying to compete with DOTA and LoL will introduce a third big boy into the market, with a sprawling community and untold amounts of revenue. it won't be totally ignored and die within weeks, no way

SMITE is a better game then any of hi rez's other turds which doesnt say a lot but its a successful product for them.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Dexters Secret posted:

what a loving meaningless phrase

hey, i'm developing the Literally Perfect Video game

it's in concept phase please put money in my kickstarter

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
man iused to have a tribes 2 demo where you could only play one of the multiplayer maps and it was still populated years after the game came out . such a good game but i hear tribes ascend has like that MMO bullshit tacked on where you have to gain experience to unlock guns

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pookum posted:

man iused to have a tribes 2 demo where you could only play one of the multiplayer maps and it was still populated years after the game came out . such a good game but i hear tribes ascend has like that MMO bullshit tacked on where you have to gain experience to unlock guns

hirez is full of retarded fags who are incapable of making a game that's not a f2p progression bullshit piece of lame trash. i'm pretty sure they would have made more money on it if they just sold it for $40 or something.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pookum posted:

tribes ascend is honestly good and you progress at a good rate and unlock stuff often

it was a solid revenue stream for them and it won countless awards for being one of the best f2ps ever but as Larry said they quit working on something solid to go chase the moon

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
HAWKEN could have been cool but it was caught in this weird zone between Call of Duty and a mech game and it didn't really work as either. It was hyped up real big too.

Tribes Ascend was fun and I spent a little bit of money on it. Shame they ran it into the ground and abandoned the wreckage for SMITE.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Overbite posted:

HAWKEN could have been cool but it was caught in this weird zone between Call of Duty and a mech game and it didn't really work as either. It was hyped up real big too.

Tribes Ascend was fun and I spent a little bit of money on it. Shame they ran it into the ground and abandoned the wreckage for SMITE.

no one ran it into the ground lol it was doing just fine and then hi-rez literally abandoned it because some MOBA bullshit was more important than their long standing game a ton of people still played

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Bobnumerotres posted:

no one ran it into the ground lol it was doing just fine and then hi-rez literally abandoned it because some MOBA bullshit was more important than their long standing game a ton of people still played

o, i heard people complaining about new pay 2 win stuff a while back but I guess people always cry pay 2 win. my bad.

Still it was a fun game. SMITE is like DOTA for people who want to play DOTA but don't for some reason.

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

No sign of Capture the Flag, small chance of it being remotely fun on public servers.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there are a few unlockable guns that are better all around or compliment their class a little better than the default does, but honestly that's more a matter of taste than anything. like the stealth spinfusor for infiltrators is technically better than the SMG because you can break base stuff with it, but if you're good at regular guns they do more damage than spinfusors anyway. there's also an energy rifle for the sniper that's a little easier to hit with but does less damage and drains energy so you cant really use it while moving. this is OP somehow.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i dont know how they expect people to trust them at all if they just flat out drop poo poo to chase other opportunities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they did the same thing with global agenda. it wasn't amazingly popular but it had a decent playerbase and they basically never updated it again after starting tribes. it's insane how much of a one-track-mind their company has.

• Locked thread