Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Smash it Smash hit posted:

if your not burgin out in your hotel room, like what are you even doing with your life?

i actually bought a similar device when iwas in berlin the last time. it was more of a big rear end hot plate so i could grill some veggies at the same time. worked with electricity.

i had this 1st floor hostel room w/ a double door straight to the street. i'd just open the doors, put up the grill and make burgs right there in my room. it was awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Smash it Smash hit posted:

:):hf::) well you were basically on the same path as the legendary GFG, cept the GFG can cook from BOTH SIDES.

i guess but as the poster above me said, cooking from both sides isn't a really good idea with meat and also much like the GRG the hotplate didn't really get hot enough to actually grill food properly

still, drinking a cold beer making burgs while ppl walked past and gave me the thumbs up was really sweet and the hotplate was adequate for that situation

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

a large trout posted:

god loving drat it I want a burg right now

same and i'm at work and there are no burger joints close by :( :( :(

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
a pimped out george foreman grill

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
you guys ever put yoghurt in your burg? i sometimes make this greek / mediterranian style burg with some turkish yoghurt (sometimes tsatsiki but i kinda dig the plain stuff more), a patty seasoned w/ lots of mediterranian herbs and then some homemade pesto or ajvar, which is basically a turkish smoked red pepper paste or sauce. it's real good.

altho you'd think feta would go well in that burg, i never put any b/c it's so strong that the burg will basically just taste like feta.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
https://thekitcheniscalling.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/burger.jpg

lose the tomato and that's my big fat greek burg right there-

the pita bread is a nice touch

holy poo poo sorry that is one big picture

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Feb 18, 2015

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
burg hatin backseat mod

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

AKA Pseudonym posted:

The thing you do with tomatoes is slice them kind of thin and cook them along side the burger. Then you pile up the thin slices on top of the burger. Much better than just having a cold chunk of salad on there.

sounds p. nasty to me

i'd still eat it and prob. not complain tho

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
veggie burgs can be really awesome yeah

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
stop it with the subs and also could the meat lovers shut the gently caress up about veggie burgers? it's cool if you don't eat anything unless it's wrapped in bacon but just shut up about it already

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
Extra juicy for those who enjoy their meat

yeah, lovely overcooked frozen burger patty meat

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
are you guys serious? lamb rules if cooked right

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
was it like, baby lamb or mutton? mutton can easily taste woolly if it isn't cooked right. did it taste woolly?

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
well, baby lamb and adult lamb (lamb and mutton respectively, but i don't think americans make distiction? not sure) taste pretty different. the skin lets the wool's taste through to the animals fat, giving the meat a strong woolly or i guess you could call it a gamey flavour. you have tó slow cook it, over the night in the oven. one trick i know my dad does is to daub the mutton with coffee. it makes the flavour more manageable, but still leavesa bit of that woolly sock taste if you don't slow cook it. i guess cutting out all the fat would help, too.

baby lamb doesn't have that flavour at all and is just delicious, especially baby lamb chops.

goddamn i'm hungry now

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
thats weak, man. lamb kebab is awesome. lamb is used a lot in greek and middle eastern cuisine. one of my favourite meats for sure.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Big Beef City posted:

Lamb isn't even 'gamey' at all, it's perfectly nice, you people are dumbs.

well, it does have that distinct woolly flavour. just said gamey to describe it, but yeah it's not gamey as similar to venison or moose.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Fetus Tree posted:

shut up bitch this is the burger thread and lamb is not good and burgers are

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
i'm gonna go for a lovely burg tomorrow before work

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Sizone posted:

people who don't tip

tipping is a funny thing. it basically moves the responsibility of paying a fair wage from the business owner to the customer. raise the prices by 10-15 % and put that money straight into the waiters and chef's pay. problem solved.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
ha, sorry! my bad.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

DoubleWelp posted:

i forgot about this thread, have goon scientists figured out what the best burger is

cheeseburger. a bit of red in the meat but closer to well done than medium rare, slice of real cheddar, mustard on bottom, a bit of mayo on the top. thinly sliced red onions. two pickles.

comes with some fries, potato or sweet potato and a green salad. a good, cold beer of your choosing, i'd choose a light, not too hoppy ale.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
wheat bun, sesame seeds on top. both sides roasted on a frying pan w/ a bit of olive oil until golden brown.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Norns posted:

Add bacon and egg for a super baller burg.

keep it simple. you can have your bacon & eggs on breakfast.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
hot sauce works, chili burgs are awesome altho if i'm making a chili burg i prefer to mix the chili with the mayo. quacamole, sure, i like both quacamole and just chopped avocado in a burg. works real well with cheddar and hot sauce. mexican style burg served with a small plate of nachos.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
well, you can choose which condiments you like, but do we agree with that there needs to be two and only two? one on each side.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
eat a po boy in new orleans

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Hopper posted:

Where? Central grocery or whatever it is called?

idk, never been there but i guess you should get them everywhere there?

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

pentyne posted:

That's like 1500+ calories for the medium, maybe 1000 if you get diet coke/water. $7 for 3/4 of your daily calories is a good deal.

you're gonna be hungry 3 hours after that meal tho

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Ghaz posted:

the best food in the world deserves adherents that push the limits, that demand innovation, that refuse to be chained down by lazy taxonomy. burgers are that food, by a long shot.

stop it man, despite your good intentions you're coming off like a deucebag

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
thats one thing that sucks about mickey d's and similar fast food joints. their grills basically press down on the patties to cook them in the least amount of time. also the freeze dried onion is some nasty poo poo

source: worked at mcd's for a summer back in the day.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
looks good man. more of a sammie but who cares. what's in it?

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
lol that pic is from wikipedia

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
you know it's impossible to make perfect burg right? someones bound to prefer something different, so instead of sperging like that and calling ppl names and poo poo you should just chill and enjoy all kinds of burgs

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
sounds gimmicky, not sure if i'd even want to taste one

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Ghaz posted:

hey now i already apologized for acting up after some other posters tossed a couple cool-hand smackdowns my way...but Only someone who has sought perfection truly knows how unobtainable it is, and yet they will not be deterred

:what:

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
w/e guys you're apparently the twin burger kings

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Ghaz posted:

yeah well maybe when you've lost half your fingers and been confined to a wheelchair because you eat more burgers in a week than most people eat in three months you will see where im coming from

:what:

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
i gots a burg addiction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Sizone posted:

veggie burgs are burg methadone

nah man they're like, cocaine to heroin, def in no way inferior just different

• Locked thread