Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
From Fast Food Experiences

1. Johnny Rockets
2. Shake Shack
3. Whattaburger
4. Fatburger
5. Swensons
6. Steak and Shake
7. In and Out
8. L.A. Burger
9. Five Guys
10. Smashburger
11. Brown Bag

From sit downs

1. TBD
2. Red Robin
3. B Spot
Other places like Winking Lizard and poo poo but gently caress man so many places I've burged. SO MUCH BURG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

sugar free jazz posted:

Lizardville is v much better than standard Winking Lizard fare way better than Red Robin etc. Since you seem to be Cleveland area though, Brennan's is better for east side eatin RIP jim and Rush Inn is better for west side eatin.

edit sayin cleveland cuz nowhere else got th' lizard

Kick rear end man. Thanks. Yeah there be a Lizardville where I live. I'm gonna do your suggestions.

And Johnny Rockets might be nostalgia but that was great greasy heart attack goodness. Everything was tasty.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Somehow I find that joints like Shake Shack or Five Guys and Steak and Shake whatnot have tastier meat/burgers. Like, half pound burgers are okay but 1/3lbs 1/4lbs patty is where it is at. I don't know what it is.

Unless it's the grease. The grease makes it tastier.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Awesome. But even better if pressed with a massive weight and panini

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

thathonkey posted:

i haven't seen much posted about lamb burgs itt but the person who mentioned feta cheese above made me think of them. they're pretty drat good. wouldn't want it all the time but every once in a while they really hit the spot.

You ever had a chapli kabab? Or a Pakistani/Indian kababs from the tikka? Take that, turn it into a burg. You can use ground lamb for that.

And also it'd go well with a cucumber raita which is similar to tzatziki anyway.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The Roman Burger from Mr. Hero. Orlando hoagie bun, two "beef" patties, salami, lettuce, swiss american, onion, tomato, mayo, and some kind of oil italian dressing.

Heart attack goodness. I think this is just a midwest thing.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

When I was in middle school I was a quintessential fat goon I'd order cheeseburger "subs" from the local deli, which were basically four hamburger patties put in a sub roll with cheese and ketchup I think. I don't even remember them tasting all that great, but how can you say no to a cheeseburger sub when you are 12 years old and as dumb as a post?

Remember this burg? I do. I loved it as a kid.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

thathonkey posted:

what is that? mc burg with 3 patties overlapping?

Superhero burger. 3 patties, mayo, onion, lettuce, tomato, jack and american. Here's a link. There's a youtube video in it.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/briangalindo/10-discontinued-and-mostly-forgotten-mcdonalds-menu-items#.nk9oXxbkx

I was a kid about 10-12 but it was awesome from what I remember.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Red Robin's Guac Bacon Burg was my staple in college when I wanted to burg and watch a movie in the theater.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Today I burged. I burged on a cajun burg with garlic bread, swiss, lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo, bacon with cheesy bacon fries. 'twas good.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Fetus Tree posted:

What does cajun burg mean in this context?

Also the garlic bread sounds like a decent idea, burg dependant

Thing i don't get is that swiss is a pretty muted cheese surrounded by loud flavors. I would almost opt for no cheese there

True no cheese would be fine but I prefer cheeseburgs to burgs. Cajun "spices."

And yes, garlic bread is an awesome idea depending on the burg. Even chicken sandwich. Add hot sauce.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Having lived in Saudi Arabia for a few years I can confirm Shawarma owns hardcore.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Waffle Fries supremacy. I do like Red Robin's bottomless concept. More places should have those and cook them well.

Waffle Fries > Fat Tire Onion Rings > Potato Skins > Tater Tots > French Fries = Steak Fries > Curley > Baked Po-tay-toe > Skinny Onion Rings > Shoestring

Tater Tots, Steak Fries, French Fries, Baked Potato loaded with bacon or chili and cheeses is goodness. Especially with the right sour cream based dip.

Concept: Blooming Onion...only a Burg. Bloom a Burg. Batter it. Deep fry it. Do-able?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Sweet Tea posted:

every "chicken burger" i've ever got was just a chicken sandwich. delicious, but not a burger imo

What if you use ground chicken and make a patty?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I burged yesterday and it was good. Went to Playmakers for their Gladiator Burger. Which is basically Mr. Hero's Romanburger but better.

Hoagie bun, mayo, lettuce, tomato, onion, salami, swiss-american, salami, two 1/4 burg patties but not stacked - side by side, some kind of modified italian dressing. Like a burger sub.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
This may be the best thread modern GBS has produced. Long live Burg!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Android Bicyclist posted:

Dammit everybody's talking about pizzaburger.

My friend stationed over in Afghanistan just posted this in a FB message.

Kinda want a pizzaburger now.

I've had this at Boston Market. It was greasy as hell but...kinda good. I liked it enough to just eat it once. And I don't like marinara on my burgs or cheesesteaks.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Suggestion. Someone research what a Chapli Kabab is, it's a pakistani dish, make one, add a dab of raita dressing, between burger buns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Jamsta posted:

Looks like a nice idea. Bookmarked :)

Given the spices that are in it a thought is to cook it outdoors or next to open window or a big exhaust fan.

• Locked thread