Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Chinatown posted:

I personally don't find anything wrong with a Big Mac. Its not the best burger but I will gladly eat one if you put it infront of me.

Fast food chains have spread burgers across this good earth and for that the world is a better place.

i wasnt posting it ironically, the big mac is a great burger

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

glad to see a lot of positive big mac vibes in this thread

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Jose Oquendo posted:

Can you order a Big Mac but one made with the quarter pounder beef patties instead?

sounds like a great life hack but i am not brave enough to try it

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

the perfect burger has chili, cheese, onions, and extra jalapenos

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i thought i was the only one who preferred onions raw to carmelized. carmelized are pretty meh

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

ahhhh noooo gently caress

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Whirlwind Jones posted:

They're flipped. Get it?

lol i didnt notice that. loving burn it to the ground

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i gotta say amphetamine is the WORST drug for burgin

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

imo its a megathread so its ok to come in ignorant of previous posts regarding burgers

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

we can open the burger join on goon island

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

sweet stuff on a burger isnt good imo, i dont even like ketchup tho. like tomato is about as sweet as is acceptable

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Chinatown posted:

fast food chains trying to do fancy burgers almost always results in a bad burger.

just give me a cheese burger please

i had a bacon clubhouse burger from mcdonalds a couple weeks ago.. it was ok. mcdonalds usually does gimmick fancy poo poo better than anyone else. but yeah if you are ordering bleu cheese from wendys you deserve whatever you get

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Nonsense posted:

i had no idea fudruckers was owned by lubys

i loving love lubys and i havent had that since i was in high school. that fried haddock goddamn

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Fetus Tree posted:

The angus burgers there are gross

i dont think they make those anymore

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

matrix ripoff posted:

post here if you love fried okra cuz your daddy ordered it at luby's when you were small times and you asked to have one and that started a love affair that lasts TO THIS DAY

with the okra not your daddy

this and also collared greens

lubys is something every kid should eat because it exposes you to things like custard, liver and onions, and dat luann platter

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

thathonkey posted:

i still don't get burgers that won't fit in your mouth

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

gonna make some burgs on the cast iron tonight.. all i have is cheese, onions and horseradish cause i didnt go to the store today. imo it should be sufficient

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

while any night is a good night to burg, one should not burg every night

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i put gouda on a burger once and it tasted good

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

good thick sliced, crisp pickles on burgers are good depending on the burger

universally the thin weakass pickles you get at fast food places degrade the burg, and insult the concept of burgin

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

any fast food burger can be instantly doubled in quality with the simple phrase "no pickles no ketchup"

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

ived had some pretty good black bean burgers in my lifetime

soy burgs are disgusting though

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Chinatown posted:

use a cast iron pan instead hth

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

this is a really disturbing video but some great tips

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

eat the burger immediately after adding the toppings so your cheese doesnt get slimy or wahtever

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

you forgot the chicken cheese!! haha

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

im the dog

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Fetus Tree posted:

soda is so loving gross

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i got culvers for the first time yesterday

p drat good

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Big Beef City posted:

Can I ask what you got?
I think I mentioned before in this thread, but I live deep in the heart of Wisconsin. Real Culver's territory, if you catch my drift...

And everything I've gotten, from fries to burgs to sandwiches has been so greasy as to be just...gross.
I got a patty melt once that I could have literally wrung the grease out of like a dishcloth, and fries multiple times, that were just wet and limp.

bacon double

i guess it was greasy but that usually doesnt really bother me also cheese curds hell ya

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

no burger looks like an advertisement because the burgers in advertisements are made by people paid six figure salaries and they spend weeks in meetings putting it together to emphasize the various toppings and condiments and make sure its consistent with their branding. then they pay professional photographers and "food artists" to make a bunch of different perfect photos and at the end they chose the best one

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

reposted from iraq thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6v-CmsOr1U

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

bad week, short on money, gonna go to mcdonalds because its 10 minutes round trip. a couple sad burgs

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Seconding don't get the fries. Get a double with bacon. If you're adventurous, one of the other good parts about Five Guys is you can get fresh jalepeno instead of pickled on your burger.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

It would look better mashed down and edible, but looks like it would taste great.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i actually dont like fried egg on my burgers. there is a time and a season

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

does that count as filler? it might

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i guess you could call it a ground beef sandwich with egg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES