Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Dyna Soar posted:

was it like, baby lamb or mutton? mutton can easily taste woolly if it isn't cooked right. did it taste woolly?

Woolly? I uh...

I don't recall if it was baby lamb or not. Haven't had mutton though, but from how it's been described, I'm not sure if it's something I'd like. I like to make it a point to try things I don't like after a few years just to make sure, so maybe I'll give lamb another try in the next 4 or 5 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

VendaGoat posted:

Embrace all of life's wonderful burging varieties, expand your horizons, achieve Burgvana

Yeah this is what I try to do. Just never liked Lamb after having tried it a bunch, but I definitely plan on giving it another go in a few years. I read that your taste buds change every 5-7 years and it's worth revisiting stuff you didn't like before!

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Big Beef City posted:

This is true about your sexuality too, try it!

no way!

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Fetus Tree posted:

I only eat cisburgers sry

racist!

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
What is Idaho's specialty? I mean... besides potatoes (lol I don't know jack poo poo about Idaho)

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Norns posted:

It's great if you like the outdoors. Lots of that. Not as many potatos as you would think.

Fun fact. All McDonald's fries come from Idaho though. Since Simplot is the only supplier.

I meant gastronomically. :)

I almost went to Idaho to visit Albertson's HQ for a project last 2013 but had to send someone in my place due to something or other. I was told that that all you could see around you was black smoke. I guess there were a ton of wild fires.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

VendaGoat posted:

This is yours now

:(

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Norns posted:

Yeah we had really bad fires. Sounds like he was in the Boise area?

Foodwise, it's what you would expect for a State with 1.6 million people spread over it. Not so hot, but it's improving.

Yup, it was in Boise alright. Is it mostly just generic American cuisine? I mean, is there anything people say you must try when you're there? Like eat Cuban in Florida, clam chowder in Boston, tacos in San Diego, deep dish pizza in Chicago, etc.

Fetus Tree posted:

I saw him use it in another thread!! Fire away

THANKS BENEDICT

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
:(

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
http://www.burger.com/

holy poo poo :lol:

burger.com posted:

Donald Ray Burger
Attorney at Law
3410 Mercer | Houston, Texas 77027 | (713) 880-2000
Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Not Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in any other area.
burger@burger.com

Thanks for visiting my web site. In addition to the traditional biographical information you might expect, my pages are designed to tell you something about my interests - both related to my legal career and my many hobbies - and to give me a chance to share my knowledge and opinions on subjects I find of interest.

This page originally put up on July 4, 1996.

I'm overcome by a crazy amount of nostalgia. The mid 90s Internet was so much fun.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Paper With Lines posted:

That isn't even a dead website. He seems to still be updating it.

edit: also this is lol too. http://www.burger.com/storebot.htm

I know! That floored me as well. After all this time he still opens up html files and adds entries. He's an Internet hero.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Paper With Lines posted:

I wonder how many people he thinks reads his website. I imagine him watching 60 minutes and eating some microwavable food and then thinking "Oh boy! I have to go update my website so my readers get fresh content!"

then I feel bad because I bet the number is very very low.

:smith:

He's been keeping his "homepage" updated for nearly 20 years. This man's amazing and I legitimately hope he's living a happy life.

Unless he's like a racist or homophobe or something. Though seeing as he's an aged fellow from Texas, that may be the case.

WELP

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
I was all about that drat big mac yesterday and just got home from a morning appointment. Due to it being like 11, I opted for a bagel and cream cheese from dunks.

#lifesregrets

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Norns posted:

But and eat two now to make up for yesterday's regrets.

ya'll cray

zedprime posted:

Burgers are even more like sex than pizza because its hard to have a bad burger experience but if you don't watch closely you will end up with an antibiotic treatable disease.

i had a burger from this terrible place here called Lucky's. It was like a burger flavored sponge. they're even known as a burger joint diner that does milk shakes and their burgers are terrible.

http://luckysclassic.com/

just awful

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

thathonkey posted:

sounds like you have a good handle on it

I've only had good sliders at bougie 4-star like places with $50 steaks a la carte. Otherwise I've always found them to be overdone and dry.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Yeah, non-beef burger sliders tend to be a good choice. Pulled pork, bbq rib, pork belly, etc.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Norns posted:

So we're calling them burgs now? Or is that a thing somewhere already?

Yeah, I don't know, but:

Shadow posted:

i don't like the word "burg" :(

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
It's taco Tuesday here. Don't burg me bro!

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

i have been there and can confirm it is garbage,

http://www.planbburger.com/flash.html

much better burgs

So I hear.

Just don't quite understand the logic behind calling a place that serves food "Plan B" :/

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
I like crispy fries like what you get with steak frites or at McDonald's. I've never liked steak fries or thick ones. Too much potato.

Other acceptable sides:
- seconding tater tots (omg)
- onions rings (side or even in)
- good old fashioned potato chips
- comedy carrot option
- potato or macaroni salad

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
In Switzerland the McDonald's were actually legit. They take that "McCafe" poo poo seriously too. Definitely a solid step above fast food.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Norns posted:

You guys ever had fries cooked in duck fat? So loving good.

Look at this post. So many truths in so few words.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

RideTheSpiral posted:

how does it compare to goose fat? i cooked a load of duck recently and dipped bread into the tray of fat and it was orgasmic. is it not too strong a fat for a burg though?

Use it for fries not the burger! :)

I haven't actually had goose. I'll need to correct that.

At least I think I haven't.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Waffle! posted:

A big slice of Jewish pickle on the side is good if you're getting a diner burg.

Absolutely. A spear of a bomb rear end kosher dill. A staple. Depending on the type of burger, I'm even fine with pickles in the burger!

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Yeah, I want a Hodad's burger so loving badly. :(

E: Going to New Orleans next week for a quick break from the winter. Probably going to stick to cajun, jambalaya, po boys, and perhaps a quick visit to the original Popeye's. Any must have burger joints in the French Quarter worth hitting up?

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Fetus Tree posted:

what are those green things

lol

My cousin and I hit up Plan B in Stamford and I got me a bacon burger with tater tots (!!!!!) made with "some pink"

Wasn't bad! Garlic aioli mayo was a good thing.

Cute waitress too. Insisted I come back for the upcoming bourbon tasting they're hosting. Oh tip culture. :allears:

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

asking for pink/no pink is weird to me but they make really good burgers and have a really well stocked bar. The philly cheese steak burger and the cheese stuffed burgers are my two favorites. Also their fries are great.

Yeah, having 2 settings must be easier on cooking for volume, but it definitely was weird. I was also told that the fries were good (I hate steak fries/thick fries) but once I saw tater tots on the menu everything went kinda blurry until I had them.

Also had the tomato bisque. Would recommend.

The cheese stuffed burger made me kinda skeptical. While I do like bacon bits or onions or what have you in the burger meat (if you want to call it a meatloaf, so be it), but something about cheese inside makes me instinctively say no.

I absolutely will be having the Philisteak burger next: topped with our Sliced Steak, Garlic Mayo, Mushrooms, Onions & American Cheese Sauce

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
On an English Muffin huh? Hmm... that could be interesting. Buttered though. Has to be buttered.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

ashgromnies posted:

no burgs but you need to go to verti marte, it's not a long walk and they have the best po boy

AND it's open 24 hours

PERFECT. I've only had the po boys from the place on Bourbon (Killers?). This is just a longer walk and a great way to end a night of hand grenades and debauchery. :) Too bad it's the opposite end of where I'm staying (JW)

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Stoic Commie posted:

fifty pages in less than a month about food designed to look and smell like a pile of poo poo. Shawarmas are better

get the gently caress out you loving... commie

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
welcome back

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Tyson Tomko posted:

Another added bonus of doing this is the bacon doesn't all come off in one bite (although there are worse things in the world from getting an entire strip of bacon in one bite)

not crispy enough :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Tyson Tomko posted:

Oh I agree totally and I would say the same thing about onion rings where the onion all comes out in the first bite. 1st world problem for sure.

loving hate that.

Same when you have to keep readjusting the burger patty in the bun because it keeps moving around. Just stay put and stop squeeze tubing out with each bite.

Escape is futile.

• Locked thread