Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

The Zombie Guy posted:

They choose poly so they can blame being alone on the fact that peoe don't accept them for who they are, instead of blaming their busted faces, potato bodies, and toxic personalities.

I garuntee shes getting plowed by at least three boyfriends of equal (un)attractiveness.

massive spider fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Jul 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I was talking to a girl on tinder one evening and she said she was going to a poly club night, so I was like ok lets see this.

what struck me was that no one had dressed up. Clubs usually look like a cohesive assortment of people because everyone dresses for the night, but there was no real coherence there in age, race, attractiveness (there were a few cute ones) or anything apart from the fact that they were mostly dressed poorly. The guys would have long gross hair and bad fitting jeans and the girls were either wearing some multicolour quirky thing or just hadnt bothered at all.

my working theory is its the lack of competition. In a regular club whether straight or gay people work to impress because they know they're competing with the other guys/girls for a limited amount of guys/girls. And then you have to stay attractive to your partner for fear they find someone better. All this is stressful if you're not someone confident in your own sexual/relationship appeal.

Poly appeals to people partly because of the "come as you are" aspect to it. Nerds and outcasts like the notion that they've discovered a hack to bypass the work involved in normal dating and can just agree to jump straight into one huge gross sweaty pile.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

The girls boyfriend turned up, they had a screaming argument and I left.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

If someone "likes" you it will either be the person who last visited your profile or one of the people first people you see on quickmatch. Or if you have email notifications or the app it sometimes tells you straight out.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

quote:

My self-summary

Re-creating profile out of occasional accidie.

Always in exile. Though I have figured out my sense of dimension quite well by now. My head is reasonably safe.

Pick and choose is crude. Not of men. Not superficially. "New friends" are, therefore, quite true for a start.

In honesty, I am "re-creating profile out of occasional accidie". Or on days when I feel like an intoxicated conscious cactus.

And there's possibly my lack of gratitude to Rudder for enriching himself with the match questions by beating around the factors to good dating.

I am least revolutionised in that mathematical sense.

I'm sure I could rephrase. But anything here structured yet untrustworthy will be profoundly damaging.

What I’m doing with my life
Marching along its finiteness and sempiternity for living it need not be to the fullest. Like ants on their trail driven by ambitions, but are doing so, as themselves, not solely for the heroic charade.

I try to tame jingoism, if it makes any sense.
I’m really good at
whyever nots.
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
I value uninhibitedness and persistence, interchangeably.

Derek Parfit | Amartya Sen | William B. Yeats | Rana Mitter

Joe Wright | Peter Jackson | Terje Sørgjerd

Robin D. Barnes | Jamie Swarbrick | Jackson and Finnegan Harries

Damien Rice | Angus and Julia Stone | Ludovico Einaudi

Home-made food

The six things I could never do without

Freshness of all forms. Or rather just six forms.

For one, picturesque ceilings as high as the eyes can see, given now it's fairly rare for me to witness starry nights. But picturesque ceilings are rare in Singapore where I mostly am; where at the architectural clutter that tingle the empty mind?

Earth; mother nature.

I should get out more in the darkest of nights, in hope to rediscover the other four.
I spend a lot of time thinking about
places, lasting memories, and shelves filled with economics of reasons.

why would people feel intimidated by Eurasian? And accents. Sigh.

On a typical Friday night I am

hankering for a eudaimonic asylum and wondering how are my dogs doing.

You should message me if

you are unlike the vast majority here who insist on simplifying an already elementary life by professing on how simplicity of little context is to strive for,

which implies you would spend time thinking before hitting the message button,

which helps me realise what kind of a stranger you are, of whom I ought to learn about.

That is a whole lot of work. Snap.

massive spider fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Sep 1, 2015

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Wicker Man posted:

I've never seen a handsome, physically fit dude go out of his way to bang a fat person. Never.

I used to know a guy +6foot, buff as all hell and super into fat chicks. He told me once about attended an internet meetup for feeders + whatever the fed women are called and since he was the only male there who was actually attractive and wasnt a gross neckbeard was going around with a lady of hugeness on each arm.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I got a like from this woman the other day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Turkey Farts posted:

The flower clearly looks fake, but is that a wig or another graphic superimposed on there? Meth-mouth looks real, though.

The hair looks photoshopped in to me, I initially thought it was a dude Photoshopping his face to look like a woman but there's another shot where you can see her body and that looks real? I don't know what the gently caress is going on there really.

• Locked thread