Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

LeoMarr posted:

Hit them with a cute line that focuses on a single point in their profile that isn't close to the start of their wall of texts. Make it an important part of their life. Like if they are becoming a marine biologist notice that achievement indirectly, and engage with them on the topic a little. Try to figure out why their doing it. Remember this is their career so they are comfortable telling you about it, start talking about your own career choices and get them to start asking you about yourself. You don't want to talk too much about yourself but just enough to be borderline arrogant in their eyes. Then let it go from there, never ask any hard questions until they are firmly setup to go on a date. I'll get more into detail when I have an established date setup. The reason for this is because then you know when poo poo does downhill. Either she cancels the date or she bails out. If you have her in the bag. I try to run through as many girls as possible as fast as possible before I just start hittting up girls who just blipped on the radar for a few days. I like to get newer ones so they aren't professional online daters like some women on OKC. Then by the time poo poo goes down hill there's another 5 - 10 girls that are barely getting picked up by non neckbeards so I go hit them up.

gently caress that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

LeoMarr posted:

it's kept me getting a steady stream of women for some time now so

I'm sure it works, but ughhhhhh.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Hello, boys...

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Scathach posted:

Pansexuals are just bisexuals that got angry they aren't special snowflakes anymore.

:agreed:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Risky posted:

*I play video games. Yes. And tend to obsess over whatever my current one is. Mass Effect, Skyrim (working on two pretty pimp houses), Fallout 3 and New Vegas, the Bioshock series (thought Infinite was lackluster imo), Dragon Age (Pretty obsessed with Inquisition, by the way), Borderlands 2, the Arkham series (Though they frustrate me all to hell), etc. On a PS3.

Goon dreamgirl right? Talked to her for a while and the conversation would never get past the Fallout series. Would describe in GREAT length what the flaws of New Vegas were. Tried to steer it away a few times. Was not happening.

Pls don't doxx my sister, kthnx.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
idgi.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
So I was on tinder the other night...

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

psyopmonkey2 posted:

Her body cant store fat.

Yeah this is her. I knew I recognized her, and was surprised that she lives here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcpu8Xy6OrU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Still would.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Otisburg posted:

we're intimidated by this heavenly creature's transcendently powerful eyebrow game

They give her the look that a house wife would make to a husband that's been out late. Complete with hands on hips.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
It's funny how easy it can be to spot a fake account written by a guy.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Striving for excellence, striving for excellence, striving for excellence, striving for excellence....

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

LethalGeek posted:

More joys of Portland:

Tempted to take a paper towel to that forehead.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I'd probably have just as much success as I do on tinder:

*First like received in 6 months.*

That mural is pretty cool in your last pic. Where was that taken?

*Unmatched*

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Lutha Mahtin posted:

meetup.com? people make groups on there for different hobbies and stuff. or you could join a local civic organization or something

Sounds boring, no hot chicks would go to that.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

YeahTubaMike posted:

getting messages that just say "Hey" or "How r u" is really annoying and bothersome, like, at least put in a minimal amount of effort to ask me about something on my profile or tell me a little bit about yourself

I find commenting on anything in their pictures to be exactly the same as saying "Hey".

revdrkevind posted:

You're assuming that what people put on their profile has anything to do with what they're actually looking for. Rookie mistake.

If you're looking for a one-night stand, but with classy girls, you wouldn't check one night stands because the type of girl you're looking for won't respond to men who are so vulgar as to say they want one night stands. That's how you get one night stands. They won't have one night stands checked on their profile either, that's how they let you know they're a classy girl who is totally into that. I don't think I'm even kidding anymore.

Similar thing. I know lots of people who say that they will not reply to someone at a bar/datingsite/etc unless they say, "hello" first. I know plenty of other people that will throw a drink in that person's face and call them a creep.

TLDR people don't know what the gently caress they want with dating. Online is no exception.

It didn't used to be this way. Back in my day (shakes fist) you generally opened up with small talk even if you were just going to cyberfuck and jerk off. The problem seems to be that now, especially with online dating, you're competing with Reddit for the person's time.

To be fair yes there's a lot of lovely people who play the numbers game and mass spam everyone with one word. Or, the much-sought-after guy who messages you and says only the sentence, "I have never been with a man before." I'll take "hello" any day. It's just that when people open with "hi", if you message them and say "hi" back, they will probably follow up with "hello". And it doesn't ever really take off from there.

This is what I call the "I'm not THAT kind of girl" mentality.

Wicker Man fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Oct 6, 2015

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

notZaar posted:

Uh if that was true you'd be getting messages from chicks not dudes you dumb homo.

Mikes a chick, actually.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Only two sockets for the materia to be junctioned at :quagmire:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Wanna pretend I'm a mongoose eating a cobra :getin:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Business Gorillas posted:

Had this chat with someone.

:radcat: - what's your favorite thing about satan? I'm also a fan of satan.
:stare: - abortions.

Not down with anal. Calling it.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I've never seen a handsome, physically fit dude go out of his way to bang a fat person. Never.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I dunno, it still sounds like mental illness that gets some guys hot for bigger girls, not a legit attraction to their bodies.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
On their own, kinks that hurt no one are fine. But it's that same sense of entitlement that the greasy nerds have when larger girls expect guys to line up around the block for them. Come to think of it, weren't there some of them that said they were offended that only guys that might fetish-size them were the ones that were interested?

Business Gorillas posted:

"have a friendzoned chubby dude who i know is in love with me and will judge you incessantly and try to undermine our relationship at every turn"

:stare:

I truly want to hope this isn't a joke account.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

RabbitWizard posted:

I dunno, it still sounds like mental illness that gets some guys hot for other guys, not a legit attraction to their bodies. :rolleyes:

What? One thing is something innate, the other turns someone on because of an idea.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
It's sad how some of the women straight up tell you that they want a hook up because their boyfriend can't get it up.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
"Netflix and chill" is the new come in for coffee.

That and "Not here for hook ups."

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

paco650 posted:

Approximately 0% of the Asian girls I know IRL enjoy anime or have even watched a non-Cartoon Network anime in the last decade or longer. The ones I find on OKC and other place that do enjoy it are insufferable nerd queen bees because weebs worship the ground they walk on and I bet it's hard to turn down that kind of unwavering adulation and deference.

The whole "women don't date Asian men" thing seems weird though. Why is that?

Not enough rugged, chiseled bad rear end dudes in movies that are Asian.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
A lot of our customers are using their debit cards for things called Asiandate.com, asianbeauties.com (a scam place, apparently).

So many looking for love :(

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

I can smell the furry.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
One-punch that poo poo, dude.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

calvus posted:

Not sure why but a lot of black people seem really into anime

On the down low.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhQVp4EsJpk

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

The reincarnation of Robert Z'Dar.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Lonely, anti-social girl has been chatting with me for a couple of days. Asks "So what do you like to do for fun, :p ?" I tell her I like to drink, play games, and watch movies.

Dead silence after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Cuckoo posted:

You certainly didn't say anything wrong. She may have gotten other messages at the same time and someone else piqued her interest more.

Then again if she's "anti social" she may have been turned off at the mention of drinking, which honestly if you do like to drink and she's that against it you dodged a bullet.

Oh yeah, she's one of those people that likes to lists nothing but negatives and be brutally honest about how much they suck to scare people away. She seemed genuinely interested in chatting with me, talking about how chatting with people online is the only interaction she ever gets.

Still, the one person who actually matched AND tried to talk going dark is still kinda :smith: , even though I shouldn't feel that way.

• Locked thread