Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

<randy_newman_short_people.mp3>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Height is the #1 reason I'm glad I've never done online dating. As a guy under 5'10" I'd be a dealbreaker to a surprisingly large number of women

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

She seems like an otherwise cool person who has been so popular on OKCupid that it started going to her head. That's the only explanation I can think of for someone managing to sound so conceited about being laid-back and relaxed

e: curious, how old is she? she was very adamant about her 20-28 age range but mentions having kids

loquacius fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Apr 23, 2015

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Dreqqus posted:

Don't listen to the whiners, this opinion is objectively correct.

steven universe av = of course this opinion

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

George had 47 girlfriends over the course of the show.

How many of those did he actually sleep with though?

Tumble posted:

If you actually give a gently caress about how a girl looks beyond her being cute and in decent shape I don't know what to tell you...

Short hair? Great!
Long hair? That's cool too.
Shaved head like Ripley? Awesome, take those pants off.
Armpit hair? That's fine.
Cavegirl hippy bush that smells like pussy and patchouli? Game. loving. On.

Buncha loving pretend-picky faggots in this thread...

(you sound super desperate tho)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mr. Horrible posted:

For years I've been wondering why that garbage was so popular. I should have realized it was just escapist fantasy for unfuckable nerds. I'm kind of embarrassed it took me this long to figure out, I've watched enough Star Trek that I should recognize that sort of thing by now.

Ah well, thanks for clearing that up for me pal. :thumbsup:

Word of advice, don't try to date Jewish girls with this attitude

It will not fly

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mr. Horrible posted:

OK, so uggo nerds and Jewish girls both love Seinfeld. But what about uggo Jewish nerdy girls, do they super-ultra-love it? Or does double-dipping slingshot them out of orbit and into the realms of good taste?

Yeah y'know what I'm gonna amend my previous statement to "don't bring this up on dates at all with anyone"

Like, this level of dislike for a well-liked classic TV show is pretty solidly something that should wait until after you're exclusive

Also if you think anyone has ever watched Seinfeld and wished they were George because of all the rear end he gets you either missed the point of Seinfeld or you know some seriously sad people

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Seriously guys the central premise of the show is "bad things happen to the main characters and they deserve it because they are garbage people", what show are you all watching that qualifies an escapist fantasy

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

LeoMarr posted:

dude if you're in your 30s go do something with yourself here's some resources for you

Step 1: Stop Being Depressed.

Step 2: Stop looking like poo poo.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=179
Step 3: Get a Job.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2444033?ComplainEconomy

But how is he supposed to take advantage of steps 2 and 3 if he's completed step 1 :confused:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Aferisan posted:

How do you leverage having a nice body into getting dates/matches?

Hypothetically because I am a fat goon retard.

Make sure your profile includes a picture of you shirtless flexing in the bathroom mirror

Actually make sure of that even if you don't have a nice body

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Don't smile in the picture, that's intimidating. Ladies love a good Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson-style People's Eyebrow, but if you don't have the 'brow muscle to pull that off just keep your face completely impassive; studies have conclusively proven that this is the most approachable expression.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

opus111 posted:

lol when is 'garbage people' gonna go out of twitter fashion cos its really annoying and also the main cast of seinfeld go to bat to each other constantly, they ar good characters and people who say they aren't are just parroting.

The series finale was literally everyone they'd wronged throughout the series testifying in court that they were bad evil people followed by them being found guilty and sent to jail; this is not an ambiguous message

They help each other out, sure, but when Jerry breaks up with a perfectly fine girl for a really frivolous reason you're not supposed to think "good job, Jerry, you stick to your standards and I'm sure the right girl is out there somewhere for you :)"

Also Curb is the same way, every episode is "Larry David pisses someone off and either it is entirely his fault or he makes it way worse because he is neurotic and can't let anything go"

serious Seinfeld discussion ITT

(e: to clarify, I really like Seinfeld and it irked me that the people dissing it were misinterpreting it so horribly because I am neurotic and can't let anything go)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

No, you're not supposed to think they're evil (although that is in fact what the other characters were testifying to in the finale :colbert:), but you are supposed to think they're kinda lovely and regularly make bad decisions for bad reasons which come back to bite them, and I have no idea how someone could parse that as "escapist fantasy for uggo nerds"

George isn't even a nerd for Christ's sake; he isn't smart and doesn't really have any interests as far as I can remember

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

EZipperelli posted:

Full Article

I remember him specifically working for the Yankees, and never seeing his boss' face, just the back of his head.

That's because Steinbrenner was actually played by Larry David

(also the marine biologist / architect posts were Art Vandelay jokes :ssh:)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

LeoMarr posted:

And her entire profile was femism and im fat and beautiful all that kind of poo poo.

She didn't look fat from that picture, or not fat enough to justify fat-acceptance poo poo anyway :raise:

Yeah though there didn't seem to be a reason to antagonize her there, unless you like getting in fights on OKC as well as SA

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It might be that he's a man nurse, or that he uses the word "females" in conversation

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

emminou posted:

This is the most depressing OKC profile I've seen in a long time and I can only hope it's some kind of joke:

If this isn't a troll, you gotta wonder why they even bothered making a profile at all if they weren't gonna even try making themselves sound good or marketable in any way

The only thing I can think of is (a) to satisfy nagging parents/relatives or (b) to use their possession of an online dating profile which gets no interest as a justification for further self-pity, continuing the endless downward spiral

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Spakstik posted:

(c) the desperate and misplaced belief that having a girlfriend/boyfriend will solve every problem you have with yourself

If it was this they'd have marketed themselves a little better or at least not spent the entire profile talking about how lovely they are, though

Maybe they're just so depressed that when given the option to write about themselves that kind of thing is just what naturally comes out :smith:

emminou posted:

Since you asked:

I am no more sure of this person's gender after seeing this picture than I was before

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

SaltLick posted:

My girlfriend puked in my hands once and I still kissed her stop being a pussy and wet it up

The night we first hooked up, my fiancee puked in a bathroom, resisted all attempts by her girlfriends to put her to bed, brushed her teeth and came back downstairs to find me

Never give up, never surrender

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

lol if you've never poo poo on a dog

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

LeoMarr seems like the kind of guy who maybe liked Tucker Max a little bit too much ten years ago

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Shiki Dan posted:

Where the gently caress do you live where pizza for 2 people costs $60?
Unless you bought some wine or something.

He probably wasn't taking her on a date to Pizza Hut, dude

Hipster pizza for two plus two hipster beers each could easily hit $60

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

vyst posted:

Unless that poo poo has caviar then it's highly unlikely

Even if you don't do poo poo like both salads and apps, then get dessert, let's say you're a grownup and get beers

Craft beers at restaurants are what, $6-8 unless you're getting like a Miller Lite in a bottle ($5) or an imperial IPL in a fancy goblet ($10)? Two of those per person at $7 each is $28. Throw in two small hipstery pizzas with like figs and prosciutto or whatever on them, $13 each, you're at $54. Add tax, round to one sig-fig for the purpose of post-writing, boom $60

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

goon jizz?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Dating fat people while fat sounds like a lot of fun if expensive

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Sheep-Goats posted:

Please stop paying Italians 50x food cost for mutilated grains and cheese.

counterpoint: mutilated grains and cheese are delicious

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Not that this isn't a great conversation but

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I love Italian but for real gently caress Italian restaurants, eat that poo poo at home.

Sheep-Goats posted:

:hf:

No other people have the temerity to charge you 35 dollars for a pile of noodles.

spoken like someone who has never been to an actually good Italian restaurant and/or just doesn't know what to order there :colbert:

If you are at an Italian restaurant and being served a pile of noodles, one party has hosed up somehow

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Since I apparently just post in this thread for the drama: If a guy sleeps with a girl and then stops returning her calls without a word, he is the lowest of monsters. Is every woman who has complained about this also entitled?

There was a bit in an Aziz Ansari special about this. Everybody hates being ghosted on, and everybody ghosts anyway

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Ehhh, I'll keep eating my multiple family member's superior versions of piles of noodles.

you get a pass but

Sheep-Goats posted:

when it's hand made in front of you and costs 3.50 because you're in a Chinese place instead of some guido shake down joint.

Go away Italian.

I'm curious, where do you live? I went to a well-regarded Italian restaurant in the South once and the experience was what I imagine it must feel like to be a Mexican at Chipotle

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Sheep-Goats posted:

I live in Vegas now but used to live in NYC. Italian food is the most over priced and over praised stuff on the planet.

Vegas is a "well THERE's your problem" detail; NYC is huge and I'd totally imagine that you somehow managed to miss eating at actually good Italian places the whole time you lived there especially if you already had your current opinion of it at the time

I can't think of any valid reason other than politics to dislike a well-prepared veal piccata

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Sheep-Goats posted:

Only goons would think there aren't any good Italian restaurants in NYC.

Nah this isn't a goon thing, California people are p much just insufferable in general w/r/t how much better everything in California is

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Sheep-Goats posted:

Does this particular aesthetic flaw have a name because I feel like there's a lot of potential here for an offensive meme, possibly even a racist offensive meme, but I don't have a term to go off of.

I am seriously trying to be judgmental about the corner hair thing but I'm sorry the Uncanny Valley face is kinda distracting from it :stare:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Sheep-Goats posted:

It looks like her eyes were painted onto her eyelids and she has her eyes closed also.

I feel like it might have actually been this, intended as a "cute" "quirky" thing, but it ended up being mildly horrifying

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Crosspost from Tumblr thread:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

actionjackson posted:

Me: "How was Malta?"
Her: "Very Mediterranean!"

tbf I can't think of an adjective that describes Malta better than "Mediterranean"

maybe she could have said "It was an island!"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Man, -2 years together and she's already getting annoyed with him, sounds like a great relationship :rolleye:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I know at least four people who could potentially own this OKC profile

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Relevant question: do they look like they'd be good boobs

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

paco650 posted:

Tuba Mike consider getting into the findom racket. Apparently it's a real thing.

anyone into this PM me and I will gladly take your money and call you a dillweed

fair warning though: i'm a dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Just think of how humiliating it is that I take your money and don't even care enough to spend more than two seconds half-assedly insulting you via email in return and yet you keep sending me money anyway because you're that pathetic, doesn't it just make you want to send me your entire life savings? I accept PayPal and Venmo

e: you can gently caress fish while you do it if you want, it's a free country

• Locked thread