Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Shirley Crabtree fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Apr 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
my date drank too much wine and was violently sick without any warning in the middle of a really trendy bar

im taking her for tapas later this week

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

LeoMarr posted:

Maybe applebees is what she's used to so her 105 lb body can get drunk off of the two margaritas you're alotted by the directorate.

I don't know what applebees is all I know is she owes me a new pair of trousers, I discovered this morning she got some of her vom on them.

It was a fantastic date up until chundergate, but needless to say she didn't get a kiss goodnight

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
So I guess the consensus is that vomiting on a first date is not such a deal breaker after all. Yeah it did kill the mood somewhat but drat I guess it was probably nerves making her drink more than she normally did or something. I felt bad for how mortified she was about it more than anything to be fair. Also it gives me one free pass in the future to do something embarrassing when drunk too like poo poo on a dog.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

LeoMarr posted:

Im sorry that I don't just copy paste how I want to feel her skin all around me 3 messages into the conversation. but I am the virgburglar so my system has worked so far.

I want to hear more about this 'virgburglar' name you've given yourself what's that about?

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
Hello ladies, it is I, the virgburglar and I am here to burgle your virgle.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

LeoMarr posted:

I make sure I gently caress them that day if they're gold diggers

what if she doesn't want to gently caress you virburglar?

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

he's actually called the virburglar because he sneaks in their backdoor when they're passed out

i think the funniest thing is that he calls himself the virburglar

i like to imagine he writes a little note and leaves it on their dresser saying the virburglar strikes again before disappearing into the shadows

no it's cool, i'm glad you got to put your willy in her vagina on the first date thanks to your slick moves i just worry that maybe sometimes you must feel a little hollow inside that your dates never get to see the real you, only your very clearly structured set of rules. surely this this blows any possible chance of any real and lasting connection should you for example, want that?

or you're just loving with us this whole time in which case fair play

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

LeoMarr posted:

this one time the day before I was joining the Army this girl came over to hang ojt with me because she liked me, I wasnt great looking as I was a fat still. I sat on my pc and played cs s jailbreak for 3 hours before she was like uh so do you want to have sex? And i was like oh gently caress what do I do and then realized that she just wanted me for my virginity.

so... the moral of the story there is that girls burgle the virg too so it ain't no thing?

live free the virburglar

:911:

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

LeoMarr posted:

They do, I just want to feel a girl out before I start trying to hook her into a relationship. But I have to meet them face to face before I can actually engage with them. there are some very crafty women out there. Many know how to make photos look way better than reality. And people are completely different in reality

i guess my point is not so much how you employ your strategy of getting to meet them face to face which i completely agree with but rather your actual real world dating strategy involving overtipping waiters/wingmen, choice of vehicle, techniques to avoid gold-diggery and such that all culminates in you achieving your goal of having dirty, unprotected and likely chlamydia-infested sex in the back of your pick up truck on the first date (feel her out as you say). it just doesn't seem real, and i can't see how you can go from this to convincing a girl that despite all this you are a genuine relationship-worthy person?

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
blonde rich girl sounded nice, it's just sad to me that she will probably wake up feeling worthless and used and that even if she doesn't the virgburglar will probably ditch her for the next series of new blips on the okc radar. the whole process to him just sounds like an addiction if i'm honest, and i can't help but wonder if the virgburglar will one day end up feeling like an empty husk of a human being who blew any chance at any deep and long-lasting connections because god forbid he doesn't inseminate a girl on date #1.

in the words of frightened rabbit, it takes more than loving someone you don't know to keep warm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI3psN4rajU

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
i really hope the virgburglar finishes his probation soon because i'd love to ask him if he thinks the reason he can't hold down any kind of relationship is his deep-rooted hatred/suspicion of every woman

LeoMarr posted:

I am the virgburglar

LeoMarr posted:

It's a deep rooted california girl idea that men have to bend over backwards to appease them.

LeoMarr posted:

gently caress gold diggers

LeoMarr posted:

there are some very crafty women out there

LeoMarr posted:

I really would like to find a girl that isn't just a gently caress or an eye candy to flex infront of average joe. If I could find a girl that wasn't just handling my stupid rear end and loving me because I'm hot apparently (This is news to me I think I transitioned into hotness with the last 5 lbs I've lost in the past week and a half. The transition was fast, but I did notice a table of chicks checking me out as I walked to the bathroom. Like the eyes followed the whole way it was a huge ego boost) and instead was a normal person who had hobbies and interests that I was okay with and wasn't a complete bitch.

plus i'm dying to know if bentley girl gave him nob-rot or not

LeoMarr posted:

Because this will be the third time I get chlamidia for the third loving time I will be literally shaking

;-*

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

How do you open with a calimari appetizer and then eat pizza.

also who the gently caress orders 2 slices of pizza, you eat a loving pizza or you don't eat a loving pizza what do you have a gastric band fitted?

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

vyst posted:

Impress your woman with your appetite when you order an entire pizza for yourself and eat it down in front of her, don't forget to lubricate the throat with a few free refills of Dew

I okcupid dated a girl from glasgow one time and we got a takeout deal consisting of 2 large pizzas, 2 cheeseburgers, 2 large chips, a box of southern fried chicken, onion rings and a big bottle of cola all for 20 quid and we scoffed the lot down. Impressed the poo poo out of me.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

quote:

Sorry I was going to message you later my best mates dad has had a heart attack so I'm in the hospital at the moment

like it's fine, to have second thoughts about a first date with someone you've never met i get that and would respect that if someone just came out and said it but why do some women feel the need to make up poo poo about dead or dying relatives/relatives of friends to get out of it? its a bit loving morbid, of course i texted back the whole oh god wow hope he's ok you take care type of thing as you do

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Bored posted:

Maybe she isn't lying?

perhaps, thats the beauty of the dying relative get-out you cant be called out on it, im cynical because its been used on me about three times in the past and each time its been when ive arranged a date way too soon before getting to know the person and when theres been barely any contact inbetween, i suspect its like a panic thing i.e. oh poo poo i dont know this person, my dad is dead! either that or i am basically the grim reaper

e: i'm basically saying whoops my bad for not getting to know her first, but i saw it coming that she was getting cold feet was waiting for her excuse and felt disgusted by the excuse she used, i'm sure it's unthinkable to most people hence why you might think well maybe its true but some girls really are just bad people... you don't lie about that kind of thing imo

Shirley Crabtree fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 9, 2015

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Tumble posted:

If you're bent out of shape by somebody canceling plans you're too involved already, and you're relying on this as a crutch for dating versus a supplement. Chill out and reevaluate yourself because you sound bitter, and that will come through in all of your interactions.

poo poo happens and sometimes horrible things come up right before a date, which is why I was exactly that, understanding about it and leaving the ball in her court and if she comes back to me and reschedules down the line fair play and I stand corrected. But my point is some people are terrible enough that they do lie about that kind of thing when they get cold feet, both guys and girls, and shame on anyone that does. I'm not bitter I wasn't massively feeling it anyway and was hoping for some kind of excuse but wow, not that.

Breetai posted:

What's your definition of 'too soon' regarding arranging a date?

If anything, endlessly messaging back and forth is more of a hindrance. There's only so well that you can get to know someone by chatting through a computer screen, and doing so for extended periods gets tiresome.

I used to massively agree with you that its good to just arrange a date asap and see whats what in person but I'm more of the opinion now that at least feel out the person a little bit and give them a chance to ask what they need to about you before you commit to any solid date. This instance I kind of went back on that conversation was very minimal and it just felt all wrong and clunky and impersonal which is why I was expecting an excuse but not a heart attack. Regardless I had backup plans ready so it's all good in the hood.

I think too soon depends on the person. Some people are cool to just meet up and leave all the mystery, for others it's really daunting.

Shirley Crabtree fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jun 10, 2015

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Tumble posted:

You're sending off some mixed messages - you were hoping the date didn't happen, you weren't attracted to her, but how dare she have the audacity to use this particular excuse? What excuse would have been acceptable?

Also, you're calling people who cancel dates "terrible" - if somebody cancels a date it's because they either aren't into meeting you, or something actually did come up, or they're working through their own poo poo like anxiety or depression - you throwing out the "well some people are just bad or terrible." thought just reeks of bitterness - I'd cancel on you too.

cool your boots mister i'm not quite sure why you're on the attack here...

cancelling a date does not make you a terrible person. lying about a heart attack to cancel a date makes you a terrible person. she may, or may not, have done this but some people do and those people are terrible and if she did then so is she.

not all girls are lovely and fluffy and smell of flowers and rainbows, some are cunts, same with guys, that's pretty much my point

Bored posted:

If it feels like we are dogpiling on you, we just don't want you to set yourself up for hurt feelings*. If they are lying to get out of meeting you, then they will obviously not be "the one" for you and you dodged a bullet without having to leave your house.

gently caress! I'm serious posting again!

*Or, since this is GBS, we want to give you false information in order to make sure you die sad and alone.

Oh no I get you, truth is of the three dates I have lined up this one I was the least bothered about. One of them is a genuine Italian and the other has pistols tattooed on her tits. On her tits. And I absolutely agree, dodged a bullet. I guess it's just that I'd heard this exact story before, my bs detector went off and I was curious if anyone else felt the same about people who lie about death/dying people rather than man up, be honest and say i'm not feeling it or i'm too scared to meet a stranger.I would have honestly just said 'respect'. It just makes me shudder is all maybe it's how I was raised. I like the koala and get us, serious posting like motherfuckers.

Shirley Crabtree fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jun 10, 2015

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

HerStuddMuffin posted:

So clearly it's the heart attack that bothers you, but you have to realize that this is a personal problem. If it's a lie, the lie was fine. Let's play a game, which one of these truths would you have preferred?
"I just realized I'd rather play with my goldfish than go out with you."
"I'm going to spend the evening watching TV instead of going out with you, Fast and Furious 19 is on Netflix and that's got to be more intellectual than your conversation."
"I would have texted you sooner but the cute guy I actually wanted to go out with took forever to reply. I'm going out with him and putting you on the back burner, hope you don't mind."
"You sound weird and entitled and like you're going to stalk me if I tell you to gently caress off but an internet forum advised me to tell you the truth instead of a socially acceptable lie, so here I am. Please don't murder me."

Literally any of those. She didn't know me, I didn't know her so I wouldn't have been offended if she had jumped to a conclusion about me, met someone else, had better things to do, whatever. I just don't think you should lie about heart attacks and stuff.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Otisburg posted:

Worst case scenario: She told you a polite social fiction to avoid hurting your feelings and/or the possibility of getting hate-stalked.
Still a plausible scenario: Her dad legitimately has heart problems. Peoples' dads sometimes have heart problems.

Just say "Okay, I understand, hope he recovers and is well," suggest a rain check, and don't be a big weirdo about it.

Oh no I totally did exactly that and I won't remotely contact her unless she gets back down the line, or particularly care. I was just venting yesterday because I smelled a bs story was incoming based on how awkward and impersonal it had all gone and that this was (likely) the one used and it was more out of general principal about making up lies involving huge health scares whether it's in the world of dating or not. And me being a stubborn fucker on these forums, I'm defending my case there to the bitter end which probably makes me out like I give a massive gently caress about her or the date that didn't happen but I sincerely don't it was more about the morality of it kinda thing. Namaste.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

metasynthetic posted:

ninja edit: seeing your response now, this isn't directed at you so much as possibly discouraged guys on okc

Ah yeah definitely people shouldn't be discouraged when girls cancel, it's why I've got my fingers in a few pies at the minute because it happens a good proportion of the time due to the distant nature of online messaging and if you have back-up plans you won't really care as much or at all when it inevitably happens now and then. And I guess it's my lack of giving a poo poo that led me to QQ about it and think... really? You had to use that disgusting excuse with me? I guess some guys maybe you do have to give a big reason why you don't want to date them even if there isn't one to avoid weirdness/stalking and I concede that point, but I still think honesty is the best policy or at least a white lie that doesn't lead someone to think someone is dying, it's poor.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Mr. Wookums posted:

Have you ever lied?

Yeah but if I have to lie I use lies that don't involve dead people out of respect for not wanting the other person to worry. There's considerate ways to do it and there's tacky ways to do it.

e: theres a billion lies you can use that don't involve dead people, i'm not ready to date again, i'm moving away soon, my ex is back in my life and we want to give it another go etc etc...

Shirley Crabtree fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Jun 10, 2015

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

neonbregna posted:

They are canceling because you come across as an insufferable pedantic goony gently caress.

This is your posts "Someone I have been only texting blew me off and I will post a wall of text because :qq: :qq:"

Nah she didn't know that I'm an insufferable pedantic goony gently caress though we barely chatted, like I keep saying a billion times it's not about her blowing me off or her real reasons for doing so it's about using a dead person to blow me off. The wall of text is because I am stubborn about this point.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Tumble posted:

You still lost the game by giving a poo poo about why she cancelled. You've said you've got other options, so why did this even register as a blip on the radar?

I believe you're more invested than you should be, and that you would be equally outraged at any excuse she had for cancelling.

You're the one that said you've got ton of options, so move the gently caress on and stop posting about it.

In other news, I got a date with a cutie girl who wants to learn about working on cars!

im keeping posting because the original message didnt get through, i forgot about her ages ago...

me: im not invested or annoyed she cancelled im annoyed she lied about a dead person

you: youre invested and annoyed she cancelled

me: im not invested or annoyed she cancelled im annoyed she lied about a dead person

you: youre invested and annoyed she cancelled

just because you think i give a poo poo isnt going to make me turn around and say oh wow youre right i do give a poo poo when i dont, its lack of basic reading comprehension thats creating this broken record not my butthurt

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Lufiron posted:

don't get hung up on women that reject you and the excuses they use, just move on. it's better for everyone this way, and all you have it way easier than them in the long run.

Yeah it's cool, I was actually pretty much just hung up on trying to get the message across of what annoyed me that was falling on deaf ears than the situation itself. Regardless, lets see what happens with pistol-tits instead.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
Gonna be a long day off work, after I've been to the gym this morning I have 2 dates today one daytime and one evening. I tried to get them booked in on different days but it just wasn't happening. Daytime date is the most promising as far as potential girlfriend material goes, evening date will likely result in a shag. There will be very little changeover period between the two. Good times.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
update on my two dates yesterday, date one in the morning that i had high hopes for was just no chemistry and awkward because of that, evening date that i didnt have high hopes for went amazing, tons of chemistry and also i learned that the italian accent is hot as hell and that italians are great kissers, im all about italians now. this is why you need to keep options open imo, if i was to cancel either of those dates to make room it would have been the date that went fantastic. seeing her again this week!

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Flo Cytometer posted:

was it awkward when your mustaches got stuck together?

haha no she didnt have a moustache or if she did at least shaved it pre date

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Flo Cytometer posted:

dude you loving scored

shes got a gorgeous huge arse as well, win

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
3rd date with italian chick today, definitely heading towards boyfriend/girlfriend territory, as a bonus she's gonna be back home in italy the very week i will be in italy on my travels so perhaps there's a base i can use instead of cheap nasty hostels

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
the only thing maybe worth spending some money on is you can drop a few dollahs and get a bunch of mini boosts, by which literally hundreds of local women will suddenly view your profile. theres so many guys on it i think women do look for guys on it, but the only ones that show on the front pages for them are the ones being boosted. if your profile is strong enough you will get first contact from some of these lady people and if they contact you first, well thats gold.

having another date with italian girl tonight i havent used okc for a while now, getting a homecooked genuine italian meal so thats pretty much win right there.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
p.s. my workmate is awesome, you know all those ancient spinsters and tripple-chinned behemoths with five kids that contact you, you know, the ones you DO NOT message back? he literally does, and shags them all. he just went over to america to shag a whole bunch of them in north carolina and he's getting a second job so he can afford to do it all again in august. he has a goatee and a fedora and thinks he is some kind of a 'playa'. people take the piss out of him at work but i respect him for it, its like a public service, they gotta get it from somewhere and well thats where he comes in. thinks hes some kind of james bond type cassanova but ive seen their pictures and i think they would pretty much take anything. i kinda want to post his pic but not sure if thats a doxx or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
Italian chick update: she cooked me the best linguini carbonara ive had in my entire life and then i titty hosed her so not a bad evening

• Locked thread