Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

unassertive boy 99 posted:

Women would be dtf a lot more, way more often, if it wasn't for sexism. All dudes seem to enjoy if they got to get their gently caress on more. So it is just logical to be a feminist dude even for the worst gross selfish reasons -- but most dudes are atrocious levels of dumb and unfathomable degrees of petty that the situation is they cockblock themselves, way2go dumbos

Yip yip. Turns out having a perspective that's all like ”Hell yea, get it on with whoever you like!!" helps to cultivate an attitude where more people are getting it on.

Also here is a pro-tip, male goons - women gently caress dudes they think are awesome AS WELL as dudes they think are hot. If you are a little ugly and/or overweight, you still have a great shot at dating cute girls so long as you are confident and kinda charming in a way she likes.

Like, they can meet you and at first be like "well he's not super hot..." but by the end of the date she is like "oh wow this guy does awesome stuff, I'd totally hook up with him!"

Tho there probably isn't a lot of overlap with people who make fun of ugly people on OKC and semi-schlubby goons who are awesome enough to date good looking girls just by being rad people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Aferisan posted:

lol if you think bars are anything but places to purchase overpriced drinks while groups of people ignore each other and only hang out within whatever group they came with.

loving weirdoes stick to ur anime.

I go to bars alone all the time. I make lots of casual acquaintances and a few friends here and there. Sometimes I get some dates, and occasionally I even get laid from bars!

But if you dont have the confidence to talk to girls randomly at bars what the gently caress good are you on an OKC/Tinder date? Do you basically just awkwardly sit around and hope she let's you hold her hand or something?

Pro-Tip for online dates: plan your first date so you are walking distance to another cool place. 30 minutes into your first date, you have A Great Idea! If she goes with you to the next spot, you're in! You have officially shown your date (who is online dating for a reason... Which is loneliness), that you are a can-do guy, or at the very least not a total pussy and will attempt to have sex with her; which, since she's doing online dating, she is probably after.

If she's tired or too busy for the next spot, she probably doesn't like you.

Her profile says she's not into one night stands or casual flings? Well its not nice to call her a liar, so just RESPECTFULLY try to gently caress her; hold her hands and kiss her cheek before you put your hands down her jeans.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Mar 28, 2015

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

lol you're dumb as hell.

*sits in corner of bar with similar friends, doesn't see the point in meeting new people in an environment that has literally existed for thousands of years specifically to get people to meet new people."

"Guys, let me tell you why I know a lot about online dating."

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

LethalGeek posted:

I know chicks have to say this in some attempt to discourage idiot guys from messaging them "want some gently caress?" but anyone else have the experience where this is almost never true in practice once you're out on the first date?

Basically women are sick of being hit on by who they perceive as idiots who only engage them to gently caress.

Yea, if you're out on a date with a girl whose profile says "no casual sex!! serious relationships only!" and you're hitting it off, guess what! You guys could very easily hook up once or twice no big deal, because you took the time to actually make her laugh and be a Cool Dude.

If you can't regularly get laid from OKC or whatever, you really should kill yourself for being socially inadequate. It's pretty obvious it's just an online bar.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Mar 29, 2015

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
Just figured I'd tell you guys okc got me laid again. Med student cutie, really knew her way around in bed.

She was very impressed by my profile and how much we had in common and my gentlemanly manners such as holding the door open for her, and being entirely respectful of her as a woman by waiting for her to make the first move.

Aha just kidding, I was making out with her after an hour and by the end of the date she was more than willing to hop into a cab to my place.

Always be closing, losers.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
If you actually give a gently caress about how a girl looks beyond her being cute and in decent shape I don't know what to tell you...

Short hair? Great!
Long hair? That's cool too.
Shaved head like Ripley? Awesome, take those pants off.
Armpit hair? That's fine.
Cavegirl hippy bush that smells like pussy and patchouli? Game. loving. On.

Buncha loving pretend-picky faggots in this thread...

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

MegaJoe89 posted:

They're called standards and preferences, sorry you're a fat goon who has to settle for chubby bald hairy armpit bitches. I dont :)

Every dude I ever met who pretends to have high standards and preferences is the one who is getting the "well it was nice to meet you..." awkward handshake at the end of the date.

"Well she had short hair and I'm not into that" like you were the one that decided not to hook up with her...

I'm not saying to hook up with fat girls, but let's not kid ourselves by acting like short hair or hairy armpits was the barrier to entry here.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

neonbregna posted:

No idea what patchouli is but does it smell like ratty Brussels sprouts?

more like pot

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

naem posted:

Also the fact they are meeting dozens of new people all the time too, it's hard to get off the sex train and have a relationship. In fact it's best if you meet a girl the first day she make an account and immediately get her off the site and start discussing your future family

Yea, no matter how well you hit it off with somebody you gotta realize that they're probably gonna date like 4 other people in the meantime.

So you get a text a week and a half later "Heyyyy sorry I've been out of touch I have just been so busy at work!"

Bitch please you went out with like a ton of other dudes and realized I was the most compatible with you.

So you play it cool - "oh no prob me too. grab a drink this weds at 8ish?"

Wear a rubber.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

SaltLick posted:

lonely moms are the easiest of pickings after fats

Oh yea. Plus if you find a cool one who isn't crazy (some just got married young to a dickbag) who doesn't instantly spew their drama and kids onto you, they're super down to hook up casually and have fun. Best OKC hookup was a single mom who wanted to drink tequila and do butt stuff and watch movies like Dredd and that Gary Oldman Dracula movie.

Actually she was so cool I even feel bad about that previous 'spew drama' comment - but give some loves to single moms, lots of them are super chill.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
OK I officially don't get OKCupid - it's easy to hookup on there but the last few girls that I've hooked up with have gone TOTALLY cold (no contact) after hooking up a few times.

Like we'll go out, have a couple drinks and go back to my place. Then we'll do it again... And then a few times after that, and then NO CONTACT EVER AGAIN! I'm not getting clingy - I make it known after the second date that I don't go into this whole thing looking for any specific thing but I'm down with dating.

I don't think I'm a "player" - I don't hook up with people I wouldn't want to see again.

Do girls just get weird about casual dating or something? They've all been cool people....

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

The_Book_Of_Harry posted:

My guess is that those girls were seeing other guys at the same time as you, things began to heat up with someone else, and they turned their attentions that way. They didn't want to "break it off" because they want to have you on reserve.

Messaging or dating is fine, but if we've actually hooked up once or twice... Like I don't feel I'm OWED anything, but a "hey I had fun but I met somebody I really want to date" sucks WAY less than just going blank.

And no it does not happen IRL - I've never met a girl in person, asked her out, hooked up and then had her go totally cold.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

TenementFunster posted:

people, and women especially, tend not to do this as other people, guys especially, are really bad at handling rejection and will suddenly become abusive.

if I was a woman, I'd just go dark too. don't take it personally, it's a needed defense mechanism from male rage and entitlement

That's gotta be exactly it.

That sucks.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

Don't gently caress them then before the fadeaway? I dunno the difficult part here.

Elliot Rodger was a virgin pls learn the lore.

I actually kinda get it - from our perspective yea if we hook up with somebody then we are cool and all good and chill and poo poo.

But I've also never been called names by a girl who i thought was capable of hurting me, whereas that's a real fear for women who tell a guy they don't want to hook up anymore because they met another guy they want to date more for whatever reason.

I was bumming earlier but I for real got some perspective today. And it kinda sucks even more.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

TenementFunster posted:

how old are you that you're just now figuring this out? do you not have any actual women friends who think you're cool enough with to talk with about this crap?

I mean at least you get it now

But i just moved to a new city in a new state so I've been more into online dating than I was before.

I had a lot of female friends but none of them ever said "I cut off contact with guys because I don't want to be scared of their reaction."

I know you're just being a dick for fun, i just honestly never considered that point of view before. I've known thats its different with online vs in person dating i just never knew that a woman would hook up with a guy but still want to cut off contact entirely vs risking telling him.

I didn't have girl friends that did that but I'm just saying that i get it now - like I said, new perspective.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 03:22 on May 7, 2015

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

TenementFunster posted:

it isn't weird if you think about it for more than 10 seconds or consider anyone but yourself.

also if rejection doesn't get easier after the first 2-3 times, seek therapy. nobody wins them all, and you don't always get what you want.

what are you supposed to say? here is always the reason somebody breaks up with somebody else: "I think I can do better than you." flat out telling somebody that, man or woman, is just cruel. people who get dumped say they want the truth, but they honestly don't.

lol this guy.

I am totally down with hooking up and casual dating. It's fun.

If you're out there regularly hooking up with people you think you can do better than, try dating up a bit? I don't think I deserve an explanation, but when I'm hooking up with somebody a few times and I meet somebody I actually want to date I will send a "hey you've awesome to hang out with, but I met somebody I really want to get to know more."

It's polite... Why would I just stop responding?

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

opus111 posted:

well yeah because if you need to go online to get a date you're probably one of about 3 stereotypes; all repellant either physically, mentally or both.

Only for men.

I said it once and I'll say it again - if you can't casually ask a girl out IRL that you met IRL, stop online dating and just sit back, relax and realize you'll be alone forever, or at the very best just date people who will accept your awkward rear end for who you are, which is somebody who sucks.

The cute/pretty girls online who list a couple of nerdy things are not their for people like you goons to send some 'desperate plea at companionship' type of message to, they are there to enhance their dating pool. So leave them alone and stick to the dregs you deserve.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 03:00 on May 20, 2015

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Aferisan posted:

If you could already ask out people IRL why would you need internet dates is my question. That's like saying the solution to poverty is being rich from the onset.

To boost my dating pool.

If I NEEDED online dating because otherwise I'd be utterly alone, then I'd seriously reevaluate my life and possibly get therapy. And that is real talk too, social anxiety is no joke.

My last post was kinda harsh, but I stand by it.

TenementFunster posted:

this post is true and owns

also lol if you don't get tested at least once a year. nobody does this, but it's basically Not Being a Dirt Bag 101

edit: it's so rare that my doc of all people would always ask me why I bothered if I wasn't exhibiting symptoms

and yea, get tested on the regular, guys.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
Oh yea, this thread!

So a few weeks ago I met up with this girl from on here - she hit me up first, gave me her number and we'd been texting back and forth for a while so I figures we were going to hook up. We go out, have a LOT of drinks (and at this point it's obvious she's a little crazy, but the quirky kind and not the talk-to-herself schizo kind) and decide to taxi back to her place.

So we start hooking up and she bites my lip. Hard. I say "Don't do that I can't show up to work with messed up lips but you can bite elsewhere if you want." At first she's OK with it and it seems like she just likes a bit of rough sex which is cool with me. 15 minutes later she bites my lip hard again, and I'm pretty firm with her this time saying "Do not do that again." She seemed to get it this time.

Until 20 minutes later (and a bunch more drinks on our part) she bites my lip REALLY hard and drew blood. I'm pissed, so I shove her away and yell at her, and she starts calling me names like "Pussy Boy" so I start to put my clothes on, and she loving slaps me! At this point my brain is all raged up and drunk so I think "I think I'm supposed to slap this god drat girl..."

So I did. I slapped her.

And then she got super normal and turned on - we hooked up all the next day too.

That girl was loving crazy.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I just never assume they are lying or having second thoughts - I had a girl tell me she had to cancel because of some vague family problems and was "so sorry". I just figured that was the case and said "Oh no problem, that'll happen. Just let me know when you're back in town and ready to have a drink. Hope everything smoothes itself out soon!"

Turns out she had a crazy aunt and she was the only person on the same coast and we met up for drinks a week later. And we hooked up and she was the bomb in bed to boot.

Basically, being anything other than understanding and confident that the other person really does want to meet you is the wrong mindset.

Edit - also let me give you some realtalk advice here Shirley Crabtree: you cannot get to know somebody on OKCupid through messaging back and forth, or even texting. You go back and forth a few times to establish that this is somebody you'd want to meet, and go straight for the date. "Hey, it's been fun talking here, would you like to meet up for a drink sometime soon?"

If you're bent out of shape by somebody canceling plans you're too involved already, and you're relying on this as a crutch for dating versus a supplement. Chill out and reevaluate yourself because you sound bitter, and that will come through in all of your interactions.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jun 9, 2015

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Shirley Crabtree posted:

poo poo happens and sometimes horrible things come up right before a date, which is why I was exactly that, understanding about it and leaving the ball in her court and if she comes back to me and reschedules down the line fair play and I stand corrected. But my point is some people are terrible enough that they do lie about that kind of thing when they get cold feet, both guys and girls, and shame on anyone that does. I'm not bitter I wasn't massively feeling it anyway and was hoping for some kind of excuse but wow, not that.

You're sending off some mixed messages - you were hoping the date didn't happen, you weren't attracted to her, but how dare she have the audacity to use this particular excuse? What excuse would have been acceptable?

Also, you're calling people who cancel dates "terrible" - if somebody cancels a date it's because they either aren't into meeting you, or something actually did come up, or they're working through their own poo poo like anxiety or depression - you throwing out the "well some people are just bad or terrible." thought just reeks of bitterness - I'd cancel on you too.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Shirley Crabtree posted:

Nah she didn't know that I'm an insufferable pedantic goony gently caress though we barely chatted, like I keep saying a billion times it's not about her blowing me off or her real reasons for doing so it's about using a dead person to blow me off. The wall of text is because I am stubborn about this point.

You still lost the game by giving a poo poo about why she cancelled. You've said you've got other options, so why did this even register as a blip on the radar? I believe you're more invested than you should be, and that you would be equally outraged at any excuse she had for cancelling.

In other news, I got a date with a cutie girl who wants to learn about working on cars!

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

i just wanna smoke & drink w/ a cool person basically but i dont need okc for that right now

The key to hooking up is to realize that chilling and having sex is what 99% of people in their 20s and 30s enjoy doing.

Like, PUA stuff has all this crazy poo poo to 'trick' a woman into coming over, but in my experience woman are super receptive to "want to come back to my place, have a drink, and watch some Netflix?"

Turns out yea, they love fooling around and watching poo poo on Netflix. Who knew?

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
That girl is super cute and into doing neat stuff, wife her up! You can't beat that!

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

She answered right and that's a badass answer. I'd ask her out.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Lawman 0 posted:

how far are you guys willing to drive for a date?
(I live in the middle of nowhere)

Depends how much game you got, and how promising the date seems (have you messaged back and forth a few times with a tinge of chemistry?)

I'll drive up to 45 minutes to an hour away, but I make sure it's an area with a few places to hop around to if the date goes well (and keep hotel money available), and also stuff to entertain me if it goes poorly.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

JebanyPedal posted:

That's not anything new I've slept with a chick who kept saying "I loving hate you." while I was loving her because she thought I was arrogant and a douche,
Easy if you're super attractive like me, and none of you.

You very well could be better looking than me, but I'm likely way more charismatic and outgoing than you.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

JebanyPedal posted:

I sincerely doubt that. You are offensively retarded in person, also along with your hideousness I detect a gay rear end insecurity that makes you suck nuts socially, I think you should poo poo your pants.

No way, I'm a pretty cool dude, plus my new haircut is loving sweet!

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

HerStuddMuffin posted:

I apologize in advance for seriousposting in GBS, but there is no set timeline/number of date after which you are owed sex. If you enjoy spending time with her, and it seems like you do, then do it. And if sex is really that important to you nobody is stopping you from also dating other girls who are more your usual "bad girl, sleep on the first date" kind of deal.

Well if anybody actually here thinks you're owed sex at any point, please kill yourself, and if you know people that think they are owed sex please kill them.

But, three or four dates is the sweet spot - if we've made out and watched a movie on the couch together, sex shouldn't be a big deal. It is a major red flag (for me) if a partner thinks of sex as Big Deal that has all sort of rules as to when it can happen.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I think I'm a bit burned out on OKCupid. I've had 2 great dates with girls I met in person this week, and the last 2 weeks have been girls blatantly dating around - which is fine, but if I go to set up another date the day after don't tell me "Well I had a great time but I have 3 other dates next week how about the week after next?"

I dunno, it's good for hooking up but if you don't hook up on the first date you can basically assume you've got maybe a 20% chance of seeing them again.

In-person at a bar you've already been vetted when you get them out for a dinner, it's kind of like a second or third OKCupid date.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

enraged_camel posted:

fuckin lol if you pick up chicks at a bar

loving lol if you don't talk up girls all the time and ask them out if they're interesting, wherever they are.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

enraged_camel posted:

You've been here for less than a year and you're already calling for memes to die? Haha, you're funny.

Guys, please don't be one of those creeps who prowls and hits on women in bookstores and supermarkets. And if you think "I'll just talk to her, she won't figure out that I'm hitting on her" you're pretty wrong.

oh god you can't be for real.

here is the thing - it turns out if your motive is to meet a cool person and have a fun conversation... You can talk to all sorts of fun people, and some of them may even be a cute girl!

if I see a cute girl browsing a section of books i like, I very well may say hello and possibly ask her out if i think that we'd have fun. If I'm "a creep" and somebody who "prowls", then I guess I'll just have to keep that up.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
Every girl I've ever met who actively self-describes as a feminist has been cool as gently caress, and usually a bit more down to casually fool around.

If your only exposure to feminism is through the purposeful selection of the most outrageous quotes, curated by a bunch of bitter men, then sure you'll see various quotes about feminism as a "red flag". But most of the feminists I meet just want respect of their female agency and an acknowledgement of some of the issues that are being faced by women these days. I've yet meet one of these "radical tumblr feminists".

PLUS basically every one of them has enjoyed me sliding a finger or two up their rear end when I've gone down on them, and they seem to give way more enthusiastic BJs.
"Good, Giving, and Game" (abbreviated GGG), my friends - if you aren't scouring the girls questions about sex looking for this, you just aren't playing on the level you should be.

Feminists rule.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I've been hooking up with this girl from OKC for a bit, she likes Rick and Morty and let's me play with her butt, and she plays with my butt too.

A real success story imo

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Turkey Farts posted:

I goddamn hate Vermont

I actually love Vermont for online dating. Well, I live in Burlington, which isn't Real Vermont, but in this area it's sea of college girls hoping for a "sugar daddy" which basically means a guy with his own car and apartment who can see a $50 restaurant tab and not freak out.

I mean for long term dating its horrible, but it's great for quick flings with cute early 20s girls.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Oct 25, 2015

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Business Gorillas posted:

i'd say that its 70% not raising someone else's kids and 30% of not wanting to deal with the father of the kids. i work with a girl that's pretty cute but her life is literally the plot of that knocked up movie with seth rogen, except she (21) is way younger than seth rogen (27) and seth rogen never got his poo poo together at the end of the movie and also stalks her

Ehhh all the single moms I've hooked up with from OKC have been super adamant that I won't be meeting their kids for a long time, if ever. I mean like from the get-go it's all cards on the table "This is probably going to be a casual thing."

I'm trying to think of a time on here I actually have met one of the "My kid needs a MAN" kind of girls and I don't think I actually have. I have probably not messaged a ton of girls like that, but you guys are missing out if you're getting scared off by her just having a kid.

They are pretty easy TBH, just be ready to bail out on trivia night with your buddies if she texts you "Hey got a free evening, want to have a beer?" or something like that because single moms ain't got much time and they make efficient use of it.

One single mom did have me meet her kid but it wasn't some big thing, she just asked if I wanted to have wings and a beer at some cool little restaurant and her kid, while a bit wild, was a cool 5 year old who loved Lego.

Go message those cute single moms, they need sex too. Plus it is a great test; if you can't casually gently caress a chill single mom, you may need to fix yourself.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Nov 4, 2015

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Just so we're all clear, this guy is loving awesome, right?

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

mobby_6kl posted:

Clearly, she demonstrated poor judgment before so he probably has a decent chance too.

I don't know how to tell you guys any harder - I've seriously met like 5 or 6 single moms who had a ton of pics with their kid (they love their kid, what shock) in their profile and pleaaaassse listen - they just want to drink a beer, smoke a joint, watch a movie and HOOK UP!

Maybe I've been a little bit lucky and not met the ones who are "trying to trap me into being a baby daddy" but seriously, to single parents a bit of pot, a supreme pizza, some sex and some beer is a tropical vacation to them.

You're idiots for not pursuing some a casual fling. "Oh she likes the same music and is sarcastic about the same movies BUT SHE HAS A KID!"

I've met one of their kids and he was the bomb at Lego's, and his mom was a freak in bed and l got her there by bringing over some beer and some pizza and watching Silence of the Lambs. Sorry to rant, but hook up with single moms, it's easy and they really appreciate it.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Nov 25, 2015

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
It's a fair question, to be honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
She probably has a few cute friends though. Put some work in, son!

• Locked thread