Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

I can deal with sassy fat girls that put up pictures from 60lbs ago but not poop bags.

I wish there was a polite, encouraging way to tell someone that I sincerely appreciate their honestly but now want nothing to do with them. If they open by telling me they have hep I wish I could at least give them a smiley sticker before hiding their profile forever.

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

I think people would be pretty happy if dating websites gave you a score based on some really objectifying criteria and only allowed you to contact people with the same score as you.

Dating websites should at least give people options to filter messages so they don't have have to say "DON'T EVEN SEND A MESSAGE IF YOUR NOT SINGLE AND MY AGE AND YOU DONT EVEN LIVE HERE. MATCHES UNDER 70% WILL BE DELETED."

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

Fonzarelli posted:

Six things i could never do without:
Oxygen
Food
Water
Air
Clothes
I dunno

Most private thing I'm willing to admit:
Nothing lol

Cool thing about okcupid: you can leave a section empty and it just doesn't show up on you profile. Terrible thing about okcupid: I dunno, hiking? You tell me.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

She may be crazy but at least she's not waiting until the second date to mention she has the herp.

Are you hiding what a high match % he is?

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

opus111 posted:

I thought her pic was posted cos she's quite cute.... :/

Yeah, thought that was cute girl be so wacky/dorky/random.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
"Never really dated" girl could have a weird definition for dating or for what her past relationships were. Like that guy she hung out with every day in college and constantly did things with on campus, he wasn't her boyfriend and they weren't dating because they didn't go out for dinner and a show every weekend. Poor guy :smith:

But probably just sheltered in high school, serious in undergrad, ready to try new things. Just send her a drat message.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

Chomp8645 posted:

I already had!

Reading is like, hard. What am I, a librarian?

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

quote:

My self-summary
To be totally transparent:
I recently (2/20/15) reactivated this profile solely in an attempt to move on after devastatingly losing a relationship with a man that I was in love with less than a year after losing a marriage with my best friend (I’m currently in the middle of that divorce). I’m often emotional (sometimes for the best and sometimes for the worst), and I’m absolutely unable to make any commitments at this time. I’m only looking to find people who are in similar situations as mine who I can relate to and perhaps be friends with and spend time with. Below you will find a lot about me that I copy and pasted from an old profile to give you an idea of who I am, but in a nutshell: at this time in my life I truly just want to connect with other human beings in hopes of moving on from the losses I’ve recently suffered. I’m in no way stable enough to be in a meaningful or healthy relationship but I don’t want to be alone in my grief. At some point in the distant future I would like to fall in love again but for now I’m only looking for companionship with people who understand my emotional instability and who can relate and spend time with me regardless while I pull myself together.
If you would have issue with an emotional person please don’t consider messaging me. I want to lay all my cards on the table and not inconvenience anyone or waste anyone’s time. I lost the man I was in love with due to my emotional instability and he was hurt deeply by my extreme emotions (on both ends of the spectrum). The last thing I want to do is hurt anyone’s feelings, so please consider whether or not you could relate to a person in the situation I describe before befriending me. If you are able to relate then I would love the companionship :-) I just want to be completely and totally honest and open about where I’m at, what I can offer, and what I can’t.

Previously when I had this profile active:

quote:

profile that was already too drat long

quote:

You should message me if
-You know me in real life/ have seen me in real life.

-You want to swap cute companion animal stories/ photos.

-You want to go to the symphony, a vegan restaurant, or both with me.

-You want to go to the park, walk dogs, or bust out some interpretive dance with me.

-You want to have a dance party! :)

-You are comfortable with domme women.

-You don't mind having a friend who is almost always late. :-P

-You won't be frustrated when it takes me a few days to respond to your texts.

-You can forgive my potty mouth

-You think you might generally enjoy or benefit from an eccentric gal pal. :-)

***Some final super important fun facts before you decide if you want to get to know me :-) ***:
-I’m strictly looking for non-monogamous connections (both short and long-term)

-At this moment in time I am most interested in connecting with poly men who have at least one established partner (this isn’t exclusively what I’m looking for but what I am most interested in)

-I am EXTREMELY emotional these days post-breakup with a man I was in love with and believed I would spend the rest of my life with. I'm only interested in meeting people at this time who can relate and be okay with my current emotional state. I'm working on myself and pulling my life back together and would like some companionship along the way with people who can relate and enjoy spending time with me regardless of my out-of-whack emotions

-Finally, in the past I have experienced mental health struggles and do still technically have a mental health diagnosis. You wouldn't know it if I didn't tell you (and I rarely discuss it unprovoked), but it's an important component of my identity and history and has played a large role in shaping the woman I am today. Mental illness is so highly stigmatized which is disappointing because it touches so many people and their families. I can’t stress enough how much mental health advocacy is near and dear to my heart.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

Lee Harvey Oswald posted:

what's with the people who stop responding to your like 2nd or 3rd message exchange but keep visiting your profile?

My guess is that okcupid keeps suggesting your profile to them in places like "You might like" and they are clicking through those without really looking at them. Okcupid has a cruel habit of sending me "This week's matches" emails that include people I already sent a message and didn't get a reply from. :smith:

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

LethalGeek posted:

OKC's homepage gave me a quick match that was 0%/75% to me today. I don't even know what to make of that.

I would screencap that like it was a trophy. I think one has to answer a significant number of questions to make a percentage like 75% possible, so the odds of getting a 0% as well are pretty drat low.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

Cowman posted:

found her by just running an auto clicker on the like button in quickmatch :v:

What's the goal of liking every profile?

I'm betting scam, but the scam is that all the swingers are in their 50's and they prefer group emails to this newfangled okcupid.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i met up with a girl from ok cupid and i dont want to talk to her again but every time i log onto okcupid it says i've gotten a message from her (i didnt). i'm really paranoid that okcupid keeps sending her the same message but she's ignoring it and thinks i'm super creepy.

Either you need to block her or you already blocked her and a glitch is showing an unread message (that will always remain unread) every time you log on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
They're right to some degree. Grade A rear end makes up for a busted face at the Gathering of the Juggalos and big titties spilling out of a corset makes a fat girl the star of the renfaire. But when they had nothing broadly appealing to begin with and they restyle everything they have to fit some subculture(s) they become a special kind of pathetic.

• Locked thread