Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE
Problem description: at about a 30 second interval my computer will make what sounds like all the audio go through what sounds like a bit-crusher effect. (here is an idea of what this sounds like if you don't know what that is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv8m90_FOaY)

Attempted fixes: Rebooting, and unplugging and re-seating speaker cables

Recent changes: No changes

--

Operating system: Windows 7 64-bit

System specs: Its a home built PC, AMD processor, the relevant sound card is a Sound Blaster X-fi Pro

I have Google and read the FAQ: Yes

Would love any help with this, me and my friends are totally stumped and Google came up with nothing. The only thing i could think of is power interfearing with the audio, but in my expeirence with that it should sound like a analog distortion if that is the problem, this is most definatley 'digital' sounding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Do you get the same problem through the onboard audio?

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE
So an interesting tidbit, since i built this computer onboard audio hasn't worked. I have no idea why and everything is plugged in, hence the USB sound card.

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Did this weird sound thing just start or has it always been happening? Post your system specs, particularly the model of motherboard and USB audio device.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

They just started happening. The usb device is a x-fi pro and I will post the motherboard model when i get home. I appreciate the help, I've been away on a work trip.

• Locked thread