Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."
Welp. Thanks to the lovable Bulbasuar I've decided to jump into this game. He was kind enough to lend me the two rule books and I've decided that the faction for me is The Resistance . Love their who look and the underdog/impossible odds fluff had me and from what I hear they have some great infantry . Any things that as a newer player I should avoid (ie. traps, newbie mistakes)? Also any cool things I should pickup after the Starter set, because I'm definitely getting the Battle Bus and painting it like the magic school bus from hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

BULBASAUR posted:

You should get yourself a proper commander, some command cards, and maybe a cool unit or two two fill out your core army. I hear the biker dudes are good as are Skool Busses. A second starter army box has big cost savings due to transports, but we should probably get some games in before you go hog wild like I did.

We'll need some buildings and a table to play on, though. That's a big one. I want to go crazy with terrain, but won't really be able to until I have a dedicated gaming space. Maybe we can split one of those paper city kits?

Got it. I'm in contact with someone on ebay and seeing if they'll sell the resistance set for 45-50ish with expedited shipping , but if not ill have to drop the big bucks on the starter set. Also Id be down for splitting the paper city stuff (after next week would be fine as that is when I get my paycheck).

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

signalnoise posted:

Where's the best place to get them that isn't ebay?

amazingmagnets.com

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

signalnoise posted:

OK, I read through the book and I like the rules. I want more of this game, if even just to paint. Beyond the starters for PHR and Resistance, what should I buy to expand my options, rather than just buying more of the same? What are the units to avoid that are just poo poo?

Hey there Resistance buddy. I'm still new so take this with a grain of salt but from what I've heard the battle bus and the Free-riders are both good purchases for The Resistance.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

Got my resistance starter set this week and yesterday I picked up the Alexander and some freeriders as well as the commander cards . I have to say I love the Alexander in every way from fluff to stats to the actual model itself. It's so godamn ridiculous and I look forward to playing it in some games. Any other models I should pick up?

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

Not a fan of the 'Triton With Tosters', but the Medusa looks rad. It's also cool to see more infantry choices for all the armies except resistance (who already had them out the door).

Do I detect a hint of jealousy? :smuggo:

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

1st game Impressions.

I for the most part agree with everything you say. The game is very tactical and as you said it came down to the wire and that for me is a sign of a great game. I really love this game and I too love the way my army felt this game. Resistance might not have the best equipment but hot drat they put them to the best use as evidenced by my gun wagons and my god do I love the tanks (especially firing that big gently caress off gun on the Alexander) ! I was thinking about your criticisms and I really don't mind not having different armor values and secondary objectives. I think that were just so used to them as Warhammer players that their absence sticks out for us . My 1 sort of complaint from my first game is that since your not rolling to much dice (outside of CQB) that 1 or 2 bad dice can change the game drastically , however that being said it does make every roll feel important. I really like the command cards even though it really helped me in one instance. Overall I'm excited to get another game going.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

Recoome posted:

Hey Resistance buddy, what list did you use?

Also I'm assuming you used Allied Resistance?

Yup allied resistance. I'm on my phone posting at the moment so this probably won't be too neat.

Alexander in Lifthawk.

1 squad of 4 freeriders.

2 cyclones

3 gun wagons riding in a Kraken

2 Hannibals with a Lifthawk

3 squads of 2 resistance fighters with Jacksons and Lifthawk.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

It's interesting watch all this unfold as a Resistance player as I really don't have a dog in this fight. I hope at some point they introduce a Resistance faction in Dropfleet , perhaps something akin to a Battlestar Galactica wandering fleet. That being said I'm definelty not holding my breath.

The Sisko fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Nov 4, 2015

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

Loxbourne posted:

This is exactly what Hawk have said they're thinking about doing, just not as part of this Kickstarter. He mentioned a "Survivor" faction that might raid for supplies or be forced into the battlezone by necessity, or ally with the UCM as support ships.

:swoon: Well damnit now I'm excited again.

The Sisko fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Nov 4, 2015

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

Safety Factor posted:

We will drat it. We will.

:v:

That's what I get for posting with my iPad :v: . On another note are any DZC goons in the Bay Area? My local scene is non existent and I'd like to get some games in since the person who got me into this game has moved out of state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

So after much deliberation I've decided that I'm selling my Resistance army. The local area just rarely has anyone playing DZC and I have other systems that I can play on a more regular basis. I thought I'd post in this forum to see if anyone would be interested before I post my stuff on Ebay. Its mostly the the starter box and a couple of models I picked up here and there.