Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Thinking of putting together a PHR force. How does this look?

PHR 750 point skirmish force
Skirmish: 748/750 points
Standard Army
PHR Standard Roster [748/750 pts]
Hand of the Sphere [111 pts]
Command Squad: Zeus(War Advisor) [111 pts]
Battle Pantheon [274 pts]
Battle Squad: 2x Ares, Phobos, Menchit, 2x Neptune [274 pts]
Immortals [231 pts]
Immortals: 2x Immortals, Neptune, Juno A1, Juno A2 [159 pts]
^ Sharing ^ Immortals: 2x Immortals [72 pts]
Pegasus Group [132 pts]
Janus Squad: 4x Janus, 2x Triton A2 [132 pts]

It is the starter plus a command blister, a blister of Janus and a blister of Triton A2s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Safety Factor posted:

I feel like this may be of interest to the people reading this thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpaD5gKK_GA

It's a really short demo of Dropfleet combat. Not many details, but it quickly explains how sensor ranges and signatures will work and some on how damage is inflicted.

The youtube comments talk about it going on kickstarter.

Just checked this and October Kickstarter for boxed game to pay for hard plastic moulds for the ships to be delivered April 2016.

I'll be backing, will be interesting to see what is going in the boxed game.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Joe_Richter posted:

I'm confused; are there now two KS exclusive UCM battlecruisers? The UCM Atlantis and Avalon are listed as separate entities, but the text of the Commodore level implies/outright states that there's only one UCM battlecruiser.

Yes, there are now two UCM kickstarter BCs.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

wdarkk posted:

For the plastic Dropzone Commander bits, is it necessary to wash the sprues before assembly? Painting thread mentioned something about mold remover spray.

I'd wash any plastic sprue in water with a bit of detergent anyway, whoever the manufacturer is. It gets rid of any residue and dust that could stop undercoat sticking properly.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Well after leaving my pledge in the box for a bit I've checked it. A few stickers missing, and was the kickstarter exclusive battlecruiser meant to be in there or is it coming later?

I've also decided to go with filthy humans for this, so I'm looking to swap 4 Scourge Cruisers, 8 scourge frigate, 1 Shaltari cruiser and 4 shaltari frigates for PHR stuff. Fine to do it on a sprue for sprue basis (ie 2 scourge cruisers for a PHR cruiser and frigate sprue). Where possible we'll just keep the bases we've got to avoid shipping costs.

Anyone interested?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

YF19pilot posted:

Regarding the battlecruiser, from what I understand it'll look like another sprue but with some resin bits thrown in. So, double check, it's probably there. Otherwise, I think I've heard other people going on about missing stickers. I'm currently missing the entire thing :v:

I already double checked, it's completely missing.