Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Maybe consider dropping the dropships for the Nemesis and Hades? They both (especially the Nemesis) have enough range and enough speed that they'll be threatening the middle of the board just by walking on the table. Just about the same points as 2 Phobos in a Triton too (I don't have the army list builder open and am too lazy to do the math).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

signalnoise posted:

What do you guys use for storage? These are some really wonky shapes compared to the standard infantry models I'm used to

I actually just chuck most of my stuff in little plastic tackle boxes that happen to have compartments just about the right size for a single squad - the plastic and resin minis aren't really heavy enough to chip their own paint jobs if you've got a good coat of sealer on them, and the sculpts and material are nice and solid too.

But then, I also recognize that I'm a bit more blase than most people seem to be about this kind of thing.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Am I the only one whose bolt-on store credit doesn't match the amount they pledged? I backed for 174 pounds but only 155 is showing up as credit.

I dropped them an e-mail, but somehow it'd feel better to know I wasn't the only one with this particular issue.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Ugleb posted:

That difference isn't your pledge level amount is it? You should have the difference between your pledge level and any extra funds pledged available as credit.

Turned out the store credit is just equal to whatever's in your cart until you hit your pledge level. Crisis averted!

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

I finally (after about a year working on them) finished up my 1500 points of PHR last week.

...and proceeded to get my poo poo pushed in twice in a row by a guy using the "Dave's 1500 point UCM army deal" force his first time out with UCM. Ah well.

The picture's not great, but I'm pleased with how they turned out. The paint job is striking and works to the strengths of the sculpts, but drat if it didn't remind me how much I hate painting white.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

I like how the Scourge ships are articulated to undulate. Sexy space trilobites!

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Although it's hard to follow Bistromatic, I'll jump on that bandwagon - here's my UCM scheme. The plan is for individual ships to have slightly different patterns.

The black is probably too black (although the edges do pop a bit more IRL), I added a few more metallic accents to help greeblies stand out, and later ships are going to put color on the prow, but overall I'm pretty pleased.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Arcturas posted:

Yeah, that looks nice. I am a fan of doing greeblies in a bright-ish silver when against black. Or gold, to be honest; I think doing the weapon and PD barrels in gold would work pretty well there. Black's tough because it flattens things so easily. I can pick out the edges and lines really easily in the black sections of that photo, though. Is that because you picked them out, or is that just the light?

(Also the top of the prow is fantastic and I like how you continued the line down on the lower prow. Now I really want an airbrush and some masking skills.)

The edges are highlighted, yeah - I did some fairly light drybrushes of german gray up through sky gray. Some for-reals edging in sky gray is probably warranted. And all the patterning is done by hand! The greebly nature of the hull armor is actually pretty forgiving in that regard. The way I do it would probably look pretty crap on a PHR hull.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

In a fit of insanity I decided to try a sort of dazzle scheme on my PHR, in Homeworld-inspired colors - both choices to differentiate them from my UCM, which have a cool blue and gray color scheme and regular geometric patterns, rather than the warm scheme and irregular patterns these guys will end up with.

Overall I'm pretty happy. This is just the smooth hull finished - I'll probably do the gribbly bits of the hull and fins metallic so they don't blend in with the black so much. I'll also lighten up the ECM fins and do the hex bits on the fins in cyan or whatever. (And buy a PHR starter box or two so I have have a full fleet instead of just the kickstarter freebies I have now.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Valatar posted:

The huge sprue joins on the noses of the PHR ships are giving me fits. Even after going crazy with a razor and files I can't get them as smooth as I want them. Does anyone have sage advice on that?

A busy disruptive camouflage scheme. (This is literally my solution - I'm not proud.)