Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
So, I'm a CPS social worker, and apparently my coworker saved this tiny puppy from being drowned by a 13 year old (13 year olds are basically sociopaths). My coworker was basically in tears about it when she got back to the office, and I was the only animal person in the building. She is a teacup chihuahua, theoretically. She is about the size of a runty guinea pig.

I've had her for about two hours, she ate some stage 2 formula and I syringed some water into her. She's about a pound and a half, and maybe four to five weeks old? Toddling in an unsure way, but had ears up, eyes open, and teeth. I made her a vet appointment at my dog's vet tomorrow night. She seems a little skinny, maybe wormy, and has some sneeziness.

So uh.... What do I do now? She's asleep on a puppy pad in a cardboard box and I guess is coming to work with me tomorrow to chill under my desk.

We've been calling her Sriracha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
If you haven't already, make a hot water bottle or a microwaved sock with rice in it for her to sleep with. Tiny puppies get cold pretty easily. Seems like you've honestly done everything you can do already, keep doing what you're doing. It's pretty lucky for her that you have another dog so at least she won't be totally doomed with social skills. Hope she's not in too bad of shape health wise.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
Two dogs, actually, since my roommate has one too. Both of which are 12 years old and outweigh her by 40 and 60 pounds respectively...

Would a heating pad on low on one half of the box be too much for her? Right now she is refusing to sleep anywhere but inside my shirt.

Also, Sriracha might be a temporary guest :( I don't know how I can commit to such a young, potentially yappy little beast. But... So cute...

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Mocking Bird posted:

Two dogs, actually, since my roommate has one too. Both of which are 12 years old and outweigh her by 40 and 60 pounds respectively...

Would a heating pad on low on one half of the box be too much for her? Right now she is refusing to sleep anywhere but inside my shirt.

Also, Sriracha might be a temporary guest :( I don't know how I can commit to such a young, potentially yappy little beast. But... So cute...

Put blankets over the pad, that should dissipate some heat and give her something to burrow into. If you're doubtful about your heating pad's safety, use a hot water bottle or microwaved hot rice bag. Half the box will be optimal, it gives her the option to move away if it gets too warm. Speak to your town's animal control. Was the kid caught in the act of it, or just making threats?

• Locked thread