Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
What's the most efficient technique for covering distance as a hunter? Get high, boost once and drift?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Androc posted:

Is it just me or is mimic completely useless?

Judging from the one video I've watched it seems like a junkrat tire. You deploy if from somewhere you won't be getting shot from and ideally will be able to detonate it on top of everyone before they destroy it. Probably takes some map/positioning knowledge to use effectively.

e: Watching an old tournament player stream now and it looks like he just uses it to punch people :confused:

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jul 10, 2016

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Reposting this stream link since the dude is on a 35 game win streak.

If you want to see what the game is about or just watch a monster poo poo on people check it out.

https://www.twitch.tv/giantchiprel

e: RIP Stanley Pain

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jul 10, 2016

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Gunder posted:

I've seen streamers claiming that monster stealth is now completely ineffective because of the new Trapper satellite ability. What do people think? If that's the case then I'll be sad, because stealthing around used to be my favourite part of monster play.

If you try to sneak away to not leave tracks at the start of the game you'll probably be in range of the scan if they deploy it as soon as they jump out of the ship. After that the cooldown is only 30 seconds so it's not really possible to outrange the scan and not leave tracks at the same time.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Apparently a lot of people are having issues with the current patch. Black screens, completely unplayable :toot:

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Gunder posted:

Steam is now downloading another patch. It's the same size as the original, so maybe they've fixed it?

https://www.reddit.com/r/EvolveGame/comments/4sjxng/are_you_having_textureshader_issues_with_201_let/

reddit posted:

UPDATE: WE ARE ROLLING BACK THE BUILD. HANG TIGHT EVERYONE.

-Cory

e: Wonder if people who already spent the extra founders coins are going to get more when they redeploy.

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jul 13, 2016

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Mister Bup posted:

I tried your advice and had probably the worst monster game I've ever had :T Though I was playing meteor goliath for the challenge and all the goliaths just seem like total garbage, completely incapable of even making a show of avoiding the hunters. It was also a high level group with Sunny and Lennox and poo poo.

I can't imagine that the game won't end up the exact same way it started out, with monster being impossible at high level. Teamwork will always trump lone wolf

Yeah, I had a win streak last night but I think it's because most people are bad at the game right now. Sounds like you went up against an actual team instead of four randos. That being said, dont forget to tailor your build toward the hunters you're facing. On meteor Goliath against sunny/Lennox I'd probably focus on rock throw/flame thrower to deal with deployables and keep Lennox at range.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Bloodmobile posted:

I also have the tier 2 and 3 cooldown reduction perks both maxed out, you do a shitload more damage with 30% cdr.

What tier 1 do you usually run? I've been doing feed speed/cdr/cdr for every game and it has been working out so far.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
The free to play model isn't exactly new. I don't know why they tried a buy to play + hella DLC model in the first place. Battleborn is doing the same thing and it is also dumb and bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

fadam posted:

I'm in the poo poo bracket, but I've had a ton of success with Wraith just by using the AoE nuke and the clone. Is Abduction used more in high level play?

Abduction is a big deal because it can mess up positioning. If you're waiting for the hunters to come to you and one is a little ahead of the team you can abduct them, preferably around a corner where their team won't be able to help them while you smack them about.

• Locked thread