Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
NES Ninja Gaiden - I can finally get to level 6-2 consistently, now if I can just keep the spinning blade jump thing until the final boss, welp, maybe 2016 then

What games do you guys plan on finishing this year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

None. I will buy 30 games, play each for an hour, then go back to playing some multiplayer game.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Icewind Dale 2. It's time to pull the knifeman out of retirement and shiv some loving goblins.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I will post updates in the games completed thread, but I plan to finish several Final Fantasies and Saints Rows I have not finished.

also alan wake which was a good game but for some reason I got distracted and never finished.

lotta old game poo poo because gaben

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

Can't you feel the knife?
Persona 3 and 4. And iorveths route on witcher 2

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
Dishonored.

Finished Zeno Clash 2. Short game. All the golems died and Ghat's dad is the old guy hanging down at the beach village. This was all seen from a mile away.

Yobgoblin fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Feb 13, 2015

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Kid Icarus for NES

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I wanna get my Super Time Force Ultra average run under 35 minutes in the next couple weeks so I can submit it to summer games done quick with some confidence and also get the cheevo for beating Gravity Ghost in under 50 minutes.

then I can focus my efforts on becoming a Puyo Puyo master

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

This year I'll feel sorta good if I end up beating Etrian Odyssey IV, I made a ton of progress mapping the whole Echoing Library and then I got to the boss and I've stalled out, I just need to pay more attention to the boss' pattern (Arm Thrust every third turn, element change ever fourth) or something like that. I'm just doing some side quests for easy levels, I can do it if I just put the time in. The Investigational Support side quest is a loving pain.

Edit: Lmao everyone posted a title from their childhood they haven't beat. I'll chalk up Ultraman: Towards The Future, I know it's rear end but I had it as a kid and never beat Gudis the first boss.

woofbro fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Feb 13, 2015

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
My worthless life

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
A full game of Crusader Kings 2.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
inside your mom/sister/best female friend you pretend not to have feelings for/cousin

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
that new Wolfenstein game

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Masturbating

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Nevermind, maybe next year

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

:yikes:

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Lunixnerd posted:

NES Ninja Gaiden - I can finally get to level 6-2 consistently, now if I can just keep the spinning blade jump thing until the final boss, welp, maybe 2016 then

What games do you guys plan on finishing this year?

How many years have you been trying to beat this game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i want to beat a genesis game but i have no idea what it's called and every time i try to describe it i get weird looks

so i cant find it and beat it or at least watch a playthrough of that game

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

winder waker. im at the huge fetch quest. just need to power through it. pphew!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I guess I can finally beat the ffx2 remake instead of just dicking around in the monster creator thing forever like I have been.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Bobnumerotres posted:

i want to beat a genesis game but i have no idea what it's called and every time i try to describe it i get weird looks

give me some details

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bobnumerotres posted:

its kid chameleon

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

It's shining force

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

give me some details

only things i remember:
-it is some kind of 2d platformer/action game, i think you use a sword or melee weapon
-the first boss/miniboss is this robot thing in the middle of a room, it drops bombs to the left or right which then make pillars of fire/something raise all along that side and you have to get to the other side to dodge it
-there is a level later on that is a series of dark corridors and there's drops of water that hurt you, falling into water kills you i think
-the boss of that level was a t-rex or some big ridiculous monster

i know its not a whole lot to go on but cmon theres only like 700 genesis games

also any of those memories could be flat out wrong

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2012/03/the-100-best-sega-genesis-games/

Try this laggy rear end page.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

oh yeah and you moved slow as gently caress

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

wasnt any of these games. i actually looked through all 100 of them. :(

there is every possibility that it was a lovely game no one has ever heard of for a reason but man it just bothers me that i never got to see the ending

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Bobnumerotres posted:

only things i remember:
-it is some kind of 2d platformer/action game, i think you use a sword or melee weapon
-the first boss/miniboss is this robot thing in the middle of a room, it drops bombs to the left or right which then make pillars of fire/something raise all along that side and you have to get to the other side to dodge it
-there is a level later on that is a series of dark corridors and there's drops of water that hurt you, falling into water kills you i think
-the boss of that level was a t-rex or some big ridiculous monster

i know its not a whole lot to go on but cmon theres only like 700 genesis games

also any of those memories could be flat out wrong

The first two in the list remind me of either Rocket Knight or Sparkster but no idea about the rest.

Also, I'm going to try to play some Suikoden games this year and maybe finish some instead of getting about 60-70% and forgetting about it like every other JRPG I play.

metricchip fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Feb 13, 2015

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I love buying a new game, opening it up, putting the disc in my console and then leaving the console and tv on the main menu and doing something else for hours

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
Oh yeah, I still have to finish We Love Katamari...

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

double dip posted:

winder waker. im at the huge fetch quest. just need to power through it. pphew!

hope you're playing HD where the fetch quest is like 3 parts shorter

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

this is cool, i never had a genesis growing up and now i know what games to put on my raspberry pi emulation box

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
NES Ninja Gaiden update: managed to kill the last boss' first form, fighting my way back through 6-1, 6-2 and 6-3 to take another shot at the second form now.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
DMC 3, playing on yellow since gold seemed like CASUAL poo poo FOR FAGGIT BABIES and I'm on that second boss, the centipede one

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
DMC3 is a really good game from what I remember. it was definitely the best DMC at least. enjoy yourself imper.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

this is cool, i never had a genesis growing up and now i know what games to put on my raspberry pi emulation box

please delete all ROMs after 24 hours

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmao

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
NES Ninja Gaiden update 2: Killed the final boss' second form, died on the third, currently replaying 6-1, 6-2 and 6-3 to take another shot at him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eindyin
Mar 23, 2004

#1 Son
Year off to a good start, about two weeks ago I finally took down Batman on the NES!

Last year I knocked off Double Dragon III and Battle of Olympus, both of which I'd been battering myself against intermittently for 20+ years. Felt amazing

Girlfriend got me New Zealand Story for my birthday last month, so I'll probably beat that next. Shouldn't be anywhere near as hard as those other ones..

• Locked thread