Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

It's been confirmed by several studies that most viewers of LP videos on youtube like their videos to have commentary throughout the whole thing, with the least pauses in commentary as possible. [citation needed]

Many youtube LP superstars out there have realized this and achieved great success by avoiding silence in their videos. However, the truth is that they do not utilize an ancient secret LP technique to it's full extent, and so they never achieve God Tier Commentary.

The secret is stream of consciousness commentary. In a nutshell, all you have to do is just say the first thing that comes into your mind.

When you've mastered this technique you will have reached God Tier Commentary, and youtube money will be yours. To help fellow LPers achieve this new level will require rigorous training. This challenge will train you and will make you not into an LP superstar, but a God Let's Player. The highest level.

The challenge:
Record live-commentary while playing any game (as many videos you want) and keep talking to keep the commentary going. Do this while saying the first things that comes into your mind every time. Bonus if what you say is relevant to the game. You cannot have pauses in the commentary for more than 5 seconds. This is essential. If you paused for more than 5 seconds you'll have to redo.

Rules:
Live-commentary
Say the first thing that comes to mind
No group commentary
No pauses for more than 5 seconds

FAQ:
Q:Can I talk about anything in the video?
A:Yes you can.

Q:Anything? Really?
A:Yes, even if the things you say do not make sense or segue coherently.

Q:What if I say something inappropriate while recording?
A:You can bleep it out if you want.

Q:I want to make a video about a game I LPed before. Is that okay?
A:Yes.

Q:Will there be prizes?
A:No and yes. At first, you'll receive nothing, but if you keep training and achieve mastery of the technique, youtube dollars will be yours.

Q:Can I just swear for the entire duration?
A:Yes, you can. Just say whatever comes to mind.

Q:...okay, dangerous question: can we sing?
A:Yes you can. It could be hard depending on how your train of thought works, though. If you think something else while singing you'll have to say it and interrupt yourself.

(If people ask more questions I didn't think about I'll post them here)

Big Scary Owl fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Feb 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
(reserved for videos)

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
This is an experimental thing just for fun. Is anyone interested?

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
So much shade being thrown.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
The 2 secs thing is... actually pretty hard without slipping into another language.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Can I just swear for the entire duration?

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

anilEhilated posted:

The 2 secs thing is... actually pretty hard without slipping into another language.

Maybe I should change it to 3 or 4 seconds. Okay, 5 seconds it is.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Can I just swear for the entire duration?

Yes, you can. Just say whatever comes to mind.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Paging Raocow to the thread.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Lizard Wizard posted:

Paging Raocow to the thread.

ATLAST YOU ARE A LIZARD WIZARD!

Also I would do this but :effort: video editing and splicing recorded sound.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

...okay, dangerous question: can we sing?

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

azren posted:

...okay, dangerous question: can we sing?

Yes you can. It could be hard depending on how your train of thought works, though. If you think something else while singing you'll have to say it and interrupt yourself.

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay! I'll grab my stuff!

-->Eh.
It's about time I got back in to VLPs. I've let my channel slip a bit, so this is a good way to jump back in - and to the deep end. Not that I have trouble talking, though... Anyone will tell you I'm a blabbermouth. Just the fact of the challenge, though, is great.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Question. If the game has portions of text onscreen between levels or whatever, is it cheating to narrate it?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Derek Barona posted:

Question. If the game has portions of text onscreen between levels or whatever, is it cheating to narrate it?

Considering the ultimate goal of this challenge is to get paid them sweet YouTube bux, and all the God-Tier YT LPers read basically everything from the screen, I'd say this is not only allowed but encouraged

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011
and what if the game has verbal dialogue
Do we speak over them or do we repeat them or do we mumble quietly and incoherently

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Twisted Eye posted:

and what if the game has verbal dialogue
Do we speak over them or do we repeat them or do we mumble quietly and incoherently

Continue speaking, but lower the volume of your commentary so it's just barely audible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
On the topic of first things that came to mind: this seems like a really bad idea.
The second thing I thought was "look at all this neat content".
The third thing made me post this post.
Now I'm gonna get a pack of Skittles and pretend I didn't see this for a while.

• Locked thread