Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
Nuke the drives. Download something that wipes them completely. Your bios may have a utility for a low level format. If you know linux you can dd /dev/null into the device name (/dev/sda not /dev/sda1). Reset your bios to defaults.

Dunno if it will fix it, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to try. Stability under linux can be.. spotty anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

Generic Monk posted:

Removed the GPU and used onboard graphics; same poo poo. Removed soundcard; same poo poo also. I'm going to try using a different SATA cable/connector on the motherboard; there might be something in that. At least, I don't think that it's shat itself during the boot-from-usb portion of the installer. Come to think of it I used the same connector for both SSDs, if there's anything that's the weak link (that's not some nebulous motherboard malfunction) it could be that I guess?
Did the cables work?

When you installed on the second sdd, were the hdds connected?

• Locked thread