Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

noirstronaut posted:

How the heckofits do custom themes work with Ninjhax but not backups? Don't thy require the same level of access?

No. The Ninjhax stuff is a user level exploit. Theme info is in the RAM. I think you can only permanently save custom themes if you've at one point bought a theme from the eShop, I don't know if they ever fixed that. Otherwise you have to run the theme applying homebrew every time you power cycle the system which is super dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Fryhtaning posted:

You're ahead of the game. Most of us still show the "preparing order" bit.

I just got off the phone with Best Buy support. They said they were waiting to get a supply from Nintendo, but did not have any info from them as to when that might be.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Fix posted:

I just got off the phone with Best Buy support. They said they were waiting to get a supply from Nintendo, but did not have any info from them as to when that might be.

The local Best Buy by me claimed the next shipment would arrive on Tuesday.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Level-5 found a distributor for Yo-Kai Watch, we're getting it next year.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Best Buy was also told they'd get more Gamecube adapters for Smash a week after initial release.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

noirstronaut posted:

Best Buy was also told they'd get more Gamecube adapters for Smash a week after initial release.

They actually did though. That's when I got one

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

TARDISman posted:

Level-5 found a distributor for Yo-Kai Watch, we're getting it next year.

I really thought it would've been sooner than next year.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

eddiewalker posted:

Has anyone gotten the N3DS wireless microsd management to work on a Mac?

Finder>"Connect to Server" then entering "smb://3ds" brings up a user/pass prompt, but I can't get it to do anything but show a "no permission" error.

I doubt it, especially since

quote:

A PC with Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 installed is required to use this function.
as it says on the page.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

BisterdDave posted:

I really thought it would've been sooner than next year.

There will be toys in 2016 for sure with the Hasbro deal. Everything else (anime, video games, etc) are not set in stone just yet. Supposed to get more info later in the year. But 2016 is the strong candidate.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150213005068/en/Yo-Kai-Watch-Franchise-Expand-Markets-Multiple-Platforms#.VOEb8fnF98E

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Fryhtaning posted:

80 hours to finally beat Bravely Default. Jesus, that last boss fight :stare:

I pulled out the BD card, stuck in FE:A, and I was about to switch it on when a little voice inside of me went, you just played 80 hours of Bravely Default, and now you're about to start an even longer RPG?

So now I'm playing Mario Golf. :cheers:

Fire Emblem Awakening definitely didn't take me 80 hours to complete. Probably not even half that, though I'm not 100% sure.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Awakening is nowhere near as long as Bravely Default

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

:flashfact: How Long to Beat puts FE: Awakening at 30 hours for the main story and 85+ for completionists.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Canned Panda posted:

I doubt it, especially since

as it says on the page.

I mean, it's cool to be unhelpful and everything, but in the actual 3DS menu options it just lists win7/8 as "verified supported clients" and in the Nintendo howto it just looks like a windows file share, which is what smb:// is on a Mac.

Thanks.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

eddiewalker posted:

I mean, it's cool to be unhelpful and everything, but in the actual 3DS menu options it just lists win7/8 as "verified supported clients" and in the Nintendo howto it just looks like a windows file share, which is what smb:// is on a Mac.

Thanks.

I'm not trying to be an rear end, but the fact that we use Macs could be the sole reason why it's not working.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

eddiewalker posted:

Finder>"Connect to Server" then entering "smb://3ds" brings up a user/pass prompt, but I can't get it to do anything but show a "no permission" error.

Even though it may not work, have you tried <network name of 3DS>\username for user? (e.g., 3DS-1234\eightbit)

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Swagger Dagger posted:

I like the MM limited edition but not enough to pay what anyone wants for it at this point.

I want to like it so bad but the text kinda ruins it for me, I dunno I'm a dummy I guess :(

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I want to like it so bad but the text kinda ruins it for me, I dunno I'm a dummy I guess :(

i guess you're a big dummy since the mm xl has no text

(You're thinking of the MH one)

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

codenameFANGIO posted:

:flashfact: How Long to Beat puts FE: Awakening at 30 hours for the main story and 85+ for completionists.

I put in 300 hours and I haven't even beaten all the DLC yet. :colbert:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Kaubocks posted:

I put in 300 hours and I haven't even beaten all the DLC yet. :colbert:

I honestly hope you never buy Hyrule Warriors.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

noirstronaut posted:

I put about 80-90 hours into Hyrule Warriors so far. Bought the DLC. Haven't even finished the basic adventure map yet. :buddy:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

noirstronaut posted:

I hope he does. I hope everyone does

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

So it feels like the Bomber kids in Majora's Mask react to almost whatever mask you are currently wearing. Which made the dancing mask cutscene a little weird, because they do this dramatic like cutscene around part of it that is impossible to take seriously, since one of the Bomber kids is dancing at you the whole time.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I'm in the middle of FE:A right now. Just saved with 25.5 hours on the clock and I'm in ready to start Chapter 17. I've done four or five of the side missions. There's probably 10 hours missing from the time from me restarting missions. 30 hours seems really, REALLY short. Even for just the main story (I admittedly suck at this game).

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Swagger Dagger posted:

I like the MM limited edition but not enough to pay what anyone wants for it at this point.

Wait a couple of months, it'll be down to about $250 when 80% of the scalper inventory repeatedly fails to sell at the current trending price.

I just did a search on recently sold listings to back up my claim and gave up, as the data isn't really indicative of whether or not they're actually selling for hundreds of dollars over retail. What's potentially hilarious, though, is that many of the completed listings were won by brand new eBay accounts with 0 feedback. I can only hope it's a bunch of butthurt people sabotaging auctions. It'd suck if they were legitimate buyers, though, registering an account on eBay for the sole purpose of settling for a grossly overpriced 3DS because they couldn't get one in a store. Just put a loving decal on the drat thing and save yourself a car payment.

Kaubocks posted:

I put about 80-90 hours into Hyrule Warriors so far. Bought the DLC. Haven't even finished the basic adventure map yet. :buddy:

It's great until about halfway into the Twilight map, when it turns into total bullshit. The Majora map pretty much made me quit the game, which sucks, because Young Link is a blast to play.

enojy fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 16, 2015

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Wildtortilla posted:

I'm in the middle of FE:A right now. Just saved with 25.5 hours on the clock and I'm in ready to start Chapter 17. I've done four or five of the side missions. There's probably 10 hours missing from the time from me restarting missions. 30 hours seems really, REALLY short. Even for just the main story (I admittedly suck at this game).

if you've only got 5 side missions by then you are missing a lot of them, go marry your people!

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Davincie posted:

if you've only got 5 side missions by then you are missing a lot of them, go marry your people!

I have been marrying my people, I have 3 or 4 side missions ready for me, I'm just waiting til I get some more skills on the parents before I pick up my kids.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Saagonsa posted:

Awakening is nowhere near as long as Bravely Default

Well that's good to know, although I'll be more of a completionist than not. I don't try to 100% games, but side quests definitely. I was just going based on the year-end stats for the last couple of years where it seemed like everyone had 100+ hours in FE:A.

In any case, so far Mario Golf rules and I made the correct choice imo.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Saoshyant posted:

You basically have to play slot machines with real money to get them and Nintendo has probably not gotten enough lawyers in to see if that poo poo will fly in the West (it will).

Claw machine, not slot machine. It's not a pure gacha system, there is a degree of skill to it.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
I was having a bit of trouble getting the camera to work for me in monhan so i dropped out to the CPP calibration screen to check my c-stick was working alright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77FAwdwhjPc

While I don't expect it to go in a perfect circle, being a tiny nub thing, I'm just curious if this is similar to most people's experience or if mine is faulty. It works, just not very well atm.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

eddiewalker posted:

Try cifs:// instead of smb

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Popehoist posted:

I was having a bit of trouble getting the camera to work for me in monhan so i dropped out to the CPP calibration screen to check my c-stick was working alright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77FAwdwhjPc

While I don't expect it to go in a perfect circle, being a tiny nub thing, I'm just curious if this is similar to most people's experience or if mine is faulty. It works, just not very well atm.

I just tried this and I can move it in a full circle pretty consistently

I dunno though, I've been finding it pretty awkward for camera control too. I like using the L button target cam thing more when I'm fighting

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Well, I have two 3DSes with the same NNID and almost all the same games on both systems.

Before getting the new3DS my old XL's wireless capabilities died and I couldn't perform the transfer myself. So I rang Nintendo and they moved my NNID to the new system along with all my purchases (but not my saves)
I gave my busted old XL to a friend and they swapped in a new wifi chip, multiplayer works fine but it won't allow you to do anything online and asks you to create a new NNID, and they still have full access to all my eshop purchases at that time.

I just thought this information might be useful for someone, I thought after updating the system it would detect the transfer and delete the NNID automatically but nope.
I was mainly happy to get all my pokemon back from X/Y- although I had to trade them one by one since I couldn't connect to pokebank

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Just got my 3DS, doing the system transfer now. :kimchi:
It'll take a while, but I can wait.

Does anyone know if Xenoblade Chronicles 3D is going to be digital as well? Gamestop tried to get me to reserve it, saying that it might become rare to find. I was like "But it'll be on the eShop, right?"

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

So, I hear Majora's Mask is good.

Some people I've heard have called it the Dark Souls of Zelda games. That...intrigues me.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Speedball posted:

Some people I've heard have called it the Dark Souls of Zelda games. That...intrigues me.

It's certainly dark. It can take a lot of trial and error to figure out what to do next, especially since you only have a limited amount of time (which you can reset, but it also resets all of your progress with certain exceptions.)

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Also if you collect all the masks, your sword becomes grossly incandescent!

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

RadicalR posted:

Just got my 3DS, doing the system transfer now. :kimchi:
It'll take a while, but I can wait.

Does anyone know if Xenoblade Chronicles 3D is going to be digital as well? Gamestop tried to get me to reserve it, saying that it might become rare to find. I was like "But it'll be on the eShop, right?"

Everything Nintendo publishes goes on sale digitally now, and there's no reason Xenoblade would be an exception. Gamestop wants you to order a physical copy because they are in the physical copy business.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RadicalR posted:

It's certainly dark. It can take a lot of trial and error to figure out what to do next, especially since you only have a limited amount of time (which you can reset, but it also resets all of your progress with certain exceptions.)

Here's how it works to be clear; The game's set over a three-day cycle, and when you reset it by playing the Song of Time you keep most of your items. All you lose are bottle contents, arrows, bombs, and your cash (there's a bank you can stash your rupees in that'll last between cycles).

All four temples also have a teleporter right in the entrance that will take you straight to the boss if you've cleared it once, just so you can knock them over again to do the post-temple sidequests for that region (clearing the temple generally does something like ending a heavy winter in the mountains, or cleaning the swamp of poisonous water).

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Speedball posted:

Dark Souls comparisons are so prevalent as to be completely worthless as a descriptor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts
Comfy: {Yes}
Easy to Wear: {Yes}
Alright, we're good to go! :neckbeard:
While I can understand the appeal of digital--I went digital on stuff like Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing--though I never play anymore, Ace Combat, Culdcept, and other stuff I can play anytime (and being so plentiful they are just commodities anyway), I still much prefer having physical copies.

I can flip a 20+-year old copy of Earthbound for stupid money. Not so easy to do with digital.