Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
So Best Buy twitter is saying everyones 3DS is still just sitting in the warehouse and they're too busy jacking off to send them out. However calling or email support has this to say instead:

quote:

"I am sorry to hear you are still yet to receive your order. I understand it can be quite disappointing. Let me provide you information regarding that.

As I was reviewing your order, it appears that your order was in backorder and our warehouse is still securing inventory of the item. Estimated date of delivery of your order is moved on 02/19/2015. You will receive an e-mail notification once your order has been shipped.

And my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences this has caused you."

So who the gently caress knows what is going on with Best Buy right now.

Cless Alvein fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Feb 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

Doc Morbid posted:

I've been telling myself for this past week that I don't need a New 3DS since the XL I bought a little over a year ago is perfectly functional and I don't use it that much anyway.

That said, as soon as the stores open in a few hours, I'll probably head out and buy one of these goddamn things. :eng99:

If it makes you feel any better I bought the LBW 3ds Black Friday 2013. Then knowing fully well that the n3DSXL would be coming in a few months and had a feeling Nintendo would put out a MM one, I bought the Persona Q 3DS. Assuming Best Buy doesn't gently caress me, and they will, I will also own the MM 3DSXL. No I did not sell either of the other 2. I did give the LBW one to my sister, but she will never use it and will probably give it back to me at some point.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

io_burn posted:

So is there a happy ending or a sad ending for all those people who had preordered from Best Buy but hadn't had their units shipped being told both "oh UPS hasn't picked them up yet" and "oh that's on backorder?" Now that it's Monday, which did it turn out to be?

Still Limbo with BB support saying, "oh you know preorders are hard and ups doesn't work on weekends sooooooooooooo"

Not only MM units. People are still waiting for Black and Red units.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
so there is some hope. My 3DS has yet to ship, but the MM LE they told me was backordered until Mid March just got tracking info.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
You gotta be making GBS threads me. My MM LE box can in absolutely PERFECT, but something was rattling. I figured it was the game. Opened up Skull Kid and had a piece just flop out broken.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

Lemming posted:

I hosed up putting the top screen protector, god damit. I wish I had practiced with the screws more.

Easy to fix. If you got dust or something on it or the screen just use plain old scotch tape to get it off

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
I ordered this one, but that is because I wanted a Zelda themed case to go with my MM 3DS.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

raditts posted:

Wow, $25 is a hefty bit to spend on a case, don't you think?
This one is apparently also a Hori, I picked it up a few weeks ago at Toys R Us on clearance for like $9:
http://www.amazon.com/HORI-Retro-Mario-Hard-Pouch-Nintendo/dp/B00DWXUYN0/ref=pd_sim_vg_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=066YT9MDY7EA722X59BM

Sadly they did not have the Luigi version, I totally would have bought that one instead.

It is $16 from Amazon, but I think they're temp out of stock. Which admittedly is still kinda expensive, but I like it.

Cless Alvein fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Feb 22, 2015

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

BisterdDave posted:

Seriously, what game on the Vita would the president actually play?

Criminal Girls and Monster Monopiece. Duh.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
Being serious both the Vita and 3DS are great systems. Although, this comes with the caveat that you enjoy all the niche weeaboo games that come out on Vita. I personally like and enjoy stupid poo poo like Neptunia, Conception 2, and Akiba's Trip. I'm actually bummed because my Hyperdevotion Noire LE was supposed to show up today and it didn't. I'm assuming it'll be here Monday with my htoL#NiQ LE. So ymmv on how useful or fun the vita is for you.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

Handsome Ralph posted:

So is Majora's Mask hard to find right now or something?

I looked online to see if my local Best Buy had it's showing that no stores have it in stock. You can't even enter your zip code, it's just showing in-store purchase/pickup isn't available.

Both MM and MH4 are a bit hard to find right now. I'm guessing it is at least partially to blame on the port strike poo poo since while they can fly games in I'm sure it is a poo poo ton more expensive so they didn't bring over as many copies as they normally would.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

Fuzz posted:

Another question: (that no one is answering :smith:)

Is there a cart version of the Ace Attorney Trilogy? I can't seem to find it online anywhere, was is eShop only?

The JP version does have English so if you have an extra 3ds lying around you could use the browser exploit and play it that way! (I have one and am tempted to buy the physical copy since it would cost me like $3-4 more than digital)

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
2 is different beast in general. It is pretty drat hard and the mechanics have not aged very well compared to other games of the time. It is still a good game, but one you're probably better off watching someone else play rather than attempting it yourself.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
Yeah after the whole Amazon third party thing Walmart has really tightened up. Don't really blame them though. It took like 20 minutes to get a manager to decide if they would price match the Wii Nunchuck down to $4 from Sears. Took that time to talk to the cashier who said she needed a manager override to price match like $4 lipstick now.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

:psyduck: I bought a used complete copy with working Club Nintendo code from Best Buy in November for $22.50

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
Got to mission 12 of Code Name Steam and I think I'm done. I'm just not actually having fun anymore. Each mission just annoys me more and more instead. I wanted to enjoy it and was for a while,but bleh.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
All 3DS games tend to look like poo poo when viewed on youtube.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
Tomorrow is the last day to register stuff and Wednesday we should learn what the Plat/Gold rewards are.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Thanks, I have two games I need to register. How many stars do we suppose will be needed for the good stuff?

If you're a Euro, you might have until April 20th to register games. The press release is kinda fuzzy. Starting April 1st physical games won't have CN codes anymore, but digital games will still give stars until the 20th. I'd assume if you bought a game that still has a code, you could still register it until the 20th, but who knows.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

majormonotone posted:

Almost certainly not but it's possible

FAQ
What are the Elite Status Gifts for this year?
A list of the 2015 Elite Status Gifts will be located here once they are announced. Gold status members can select from the list of Gold level gifts; Platinum status members can choose one gift from either the Gold or Platinum level prizes.

Elite Status Gifts can be redeemed from 4/1/15 to 4/30/15.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

Artic Puma posted:

Has anyone played story of seasons yet? I want to get it but quality varies so heavily between entries in the harvest moon series that I am scared of getting burned with a piece of crap game.

I planned on going to sleep like 2 hours ago, but I have been planting turnips and milking my cow instead. The tutorial is a bit long and dumb, but so far I'm enjoying it.

I haven't played too many of the recent ones though. Think last one I played was Friends of Mineral Town.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

robot roll call posted:

I managed to redeem Mario Golf at about 5:30 am today. Can't wait to get that Mewtwo code!

I've only been trying to get Link's Awakening for the past week or so. :/

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
^The game is fun as hell and is killing the MMO itch I've had lately. Which is great because I've been WoW free for like 2 years and was getting close to buying Warlords and going to dick around with it for a while.

queeb posted:

God drat xenoblade is a big game. 8 hours in an im still in on the gaur planes doing the timed quests there.

Pretty much exactly where I am with around the same playtime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is the xenoblade port good

The game itself if great. They halfassed basically everything to do with the lower screen though.