Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I'm a little afraid to post in the Monster Hunter thread so I just wanted to say thank you 3DS thread for guiding me to just go ahead and play 4U on my regular XL. It's an amazing game. I'm terrible at it but I can't help but smile when I'm in that wonderful land of giant monsters and cute kitties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

enojy posted:

UPS doesn't do stuff on the weekends, and Monday is President's Day, so hang out until Tuesday.

UPS doesn't observe President's Day.

MonHun chat: using just the L without even target lock works fine for me so far. I don't use the touch screen with my fingers, only the stylus so I was slightly concerned but it's working.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I have a PS4 and like anime and haven't touched my Vita in forever. It's lovely. You made the absolute right choice and the 3DS has better anime games anyway.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

FL2 being a mobile game is the dumbest garbage punch in the butthole imaginable considering the first is one of my favorite games. Oh well, the Yokai stuff looks great and I can't wait for it to wash up here on the west. Hopefully it takes off because I really like everything I've seen.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I'm planning on getting it whenever I buy a new XL and I have a mint wii copy I've played for about an hour total. I'm that dude.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Sorry for this question but realistically what is the most likely special game themed new xl moving forward? I'm definitely getting one eventually and since I never owned a limited one I thought I would wait until I could.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Dehry posted:

http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXMZO87370000Y5A520C1000000/

Here's a fun rumor: Nintendo NX will run Android.

E2: Japanese sites are saying the same thing but it's possibly in the full article.

Oh good lord pleaaase no. Don't do that poo poo Nintendo. I've been 100% down with your weirdness and wonky decisions forever but please don't use android.

Volt Catfish posted:

animal crossing isn't a game that really works on consoles imo

original release be damned

Don't listen to this guy, give me beautiful HD Animal Crossing on my huge TV thanks Nintendo.

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jun 1, 2015

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Overemotional Robot posted:

Whoa, Mike Rowe worked for QVC!!?

You need to watch every single QVC Mike Rowe clip on YouTube ASAP. The man is brilliant and his work on there is peak comedy. It's incredible.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Are Transcend cards good with regular XLs? I absolutely love the brand and I need to update from the base 4gb.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

How is Tales of the Abyss?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Sounds like I'll pass. I'm just going through "maybe" games I've neglected to buy for the last few years since I wanted to pick up something new for my upcoming vacation. Probably going to forget them and grab Project Mirai because Miku is kind and better than the rest.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

muike posted:

I like it, but I've only played the PS2 version. It has one of the better Tales storylines and the main character actually has character development.

planetarial posted:

It's anime as hell, has a pretty love it or hate it cast, and some of the sidequests are incredibly easy to miss but I enjoyed the battle system, world, character development, and all the little secrets you can find.

Just depends on your taste I suppose.

In stupid nerd fashion I decided in the end to order it AND Project Mirai. I'm the guy traveling up east coast shutting out the world for anime love. Good times.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Fuzz posted:

Dragonball thing

This demo is so fun, I can't wait for the game. It feels and looks dated as hell in the best way. I was transported to the days of using the weird spring and disc thing to play the Japanese version of Final Bout on the PS1.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Is there any reason to get Shovel Knight on the 3DS vs the PS4 aside from being portable?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Does anyone have a good tutorial for the DSN12? I bought it yesterday and am generally very natural with music making but this synth is packing my butt. Really awesome good sounding software though. I'm way happier with it vs any iOS synths I've used.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Kin posted:

I'm probably going to be moving soon and when sizing up my stuff i just noticed that a huge chunk of it is just game cases.

Do most of you keep your cases and if so why? From my perspective they look OK on the bookshelf but it's more a novelty than anything else and i dont ever plan to resell the games so it's literally just a bunch of empty cases (with the manuals for some of the games i guess).

It's the same with all the DS games i've got and there's an entire pile of old PS2/PSX/DC stuff and i'm trying to make the decision on whether it's weirder to keep them or chuck them all out and put the CD's in a case or something like i've done with the 3DS carts.

I'll never throw out a game case. I keep all of mine in the entertainment center glass cabinet and use two 24(?) count cartridge game sized cases for the games themselves. It works well for me. I never resell any game stuff but I can't imagine not keeping my cases for display like the big nerd that I am.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Xenoverse was an amazing single player game. I dumped over a hundred hours into that game and never bothered with multiplayer.

I'm still 50/50 on the new one. On one hand the demo is fun and I love easy cpu fighting games with satisfying mechanics, but on the other I'm worried it could run itself thin pretty fast. $30 isn't bad at all though. I imagine it will hit $20 or lower by December and even 5 hours of fun for that price is well worth it. By that time I'll have the huge Oct/Nov/Dec backlog bought up though so who knows.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Fix posted:

US Yo Kai Watch commercial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfWQ-PQPy4U

Hmmm... "YoKai is why!" might actually be a pretty good ad campaign.

This is great. I feel like I'm one of the few around here pretty excited to play the game. I enjoyed the demo and 99% of the time I never enjoy games that make me use buttons + stylus. It worked for me and I was really feeling the passive manager like way you do battles.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

noirstronaut posted:

The bundle is $99 which is like buying the 2DS for $49 or the game for free.

I have no interest in ever owning a 2DS but that's such an awesome deal. I hope it sells like crazy and makes for a shitload of happy Christmas mornings :3:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

noirstronaut posted:

I'm gonna be honest, Yokai Watch straight up doesn't look fun to me. Part of me wonders if that's solely because I only think Pokemon games are cool to me built off of nostalgia where Yokai just *feels* like a ripoff.

Did you play the demo? It doesn't feel like a Pokemon ripoff at all unless you're just seeing kid + yokais fighting and that's all. Nothing wrong with not liking it though, it's definitely not for everyone and taste is strange like that. Kinda like me not caring about TFH at all and thinking it looks incredibly dull.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

When I was a kid I never really played Mario 64 a ton but I dumped hours and hours into DK64.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

absolutely anything posted:

i am sorry about your hosed up childhood

Funny thing is up until I saw it on a worst old games list a few years back I thought it was considered a 10/10 best of N64 type of game. I had no idea anyone thought it was anything other than an incredible perfect platformer. To be honest though I really loving love gorillas.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

raditts posted:

My wife pretty much exclusively plays Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning and basically just like growing cows and chickens and poo poo and petting them, which farmy type game should I get if I want to get her a new one? Is Story of Seasons the best one for that or has there been a newer better one since that came out?

Your wife is going to go absolutely bonkers over SoS. It's a really great adorable game and a direct upgrade from ANB with tons of improvements.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Hatsune Miku is poo poo trash garbage gently caress you sega

Project Mirai is top 5 3DS games easily

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Gumdrop Larry posted:

Cloud's a real boner and FFVII is bad.

I can't believe FVII is still a thing. I don't get it.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I disagree that rhythm games are good

Agreed, they're great.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

What does Heist actually play like? I can't tell from the screenshots at all.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Saoshyant posted:

Kimishima, wise beyond his years, has decided to release the 2DS in Japan. Bundles for every color of the old Pokemans games along with said game preinstalled (and a key for Mew in ORAS 'cause why not). But hey at least it looks like a Game Boy.

:aaa: these are beautiful

Now release a transparent n3DS and make my life complete Nintendo.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Do I need to play Default before Second?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Miku is a 10/10 super cute super happy rhythm game. $20 is a steal.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

To this day I can't tell if I should buy Yokai Watch. I like Pokemon, I like cute slice of life stuff, I like Yokai, and I don't care about difficulty in games so it should be absolutely my thing but there's something about it I feel like I should avoid for a dumb reason.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

What DB game are those from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I showed my lady this and she demanded to have it asap. This boy hosed up!

I need one too though :unsmith: it's loving gorgeous