Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
drat, missed the last Altus sale back in December. Really hope they put up their catalog before they close the eshop.

Need to get Radiant Historia and SMT: Strange Journey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

Fly Ricky posted:

Is Rusty worth it? The freebie game he gives you seems like something I could probably get on my phone for free. IIRC you can game the system in a way to cheapen the DLC.

Can’t remember if it’s in 3D…that would probably make me get it.

Rusty’s is one of the best games on the system. The baseball mini games are surprisingly diverse and everything in the game is so satisfying to execute.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

Those Capcom games are dirt cheap. Which is the best Monster Hunter to play though? Never played a game in the series, but for $5 I'm willing to give it a shot.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

chaosapiant posted:

Question regarding the Virtual Console on Wii-U...if I've got the games I want purchased and downloaded/installed, am I going to lose access to those? Or just lose the ability to purchase them?

You'll still have access to all games purchased & downloaded. You can re-download games you've already bought.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

I have the 3D slider at max constantly. Was disappointed that games later in the 3DS life cycle stopped having the 3D effect on.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

Are Pokemon ORAS and Persona Q1 the only physical carts that have issues? Or is this something that will happen to all 3DS carts?

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

Gumshoe comes back just be to the murder victim.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

Poochy ain’t cheap

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

The first Donkey Land has some very unique level themes & is very different than the original DKC. Donkey Land 1 is worth owning, but better off waiting for the others to come to NSO eventually. The other land games are basically scaled down versions of DKC 2 & 3.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

Both Crashmo and Might Switch Force 2 are great follow-ups. Believe Might Switch Force 2 is on fire sale.

Only the 3D classics have 3D effects. None of the Virtual Console releases had any extra 3D effects added.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

I tried booting up Smash Bros. yesterday to play some online before the servers shut down. Couldn't get past the menu, it would just be stuck after selecting anything on the menu. Sounds like my cartridge is dying.

Is there a way anyway to restore my save data? Does system read the save from the cartridge or the system itself? Like, can I just buy a used copy & get my data back?

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

I tested multiple games yesterday & only the Smash cart wasn't working properly. Will try cleaning, but it's been in the stored in the game box for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

Certain carts are more prone to failure though. Smash Bros, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby, and Persona Q are more likely to die out.