Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
my new 3DSXL is cool and all, but I can't help wishing I had got the normal one instead. This feels a bit too big and the huge screens only seem to highlight the 3DS's poor graphical power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

The 3DS is actually a convenient size to put in your pocket though. I only got the XL because they were sold out of the normal one but now I kind of wish I'd been patient, because idk how I'm gonna take this thing around with me anymore v0v

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

I was having a bit of trouble getting the camera to work for me in monhan so i dropped out to the CPP calibration screen to check my c-stick was working alright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77FAwdwhjPc

While I don't expect it to go in a perfect circle, being a tiny nub thing, I'm just curious if this is similar to most people's experience or if mine is faulty. It works, just not very well atm.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

I went ahead and emailed Nintendo customer support about my c-stick, off the basis of that one goon who said he could do full circles with his. If it is busted I'd like to nip it in the bud early, although going without monhan for a few days will be awful :(

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

noirstronaut posted:

The c-stick itself doesn't move, really. I mean, it does an incredibly small amount, but it doesn't move the way a normal control stick would.

I'm specifically talking about the way it looks on the calibration screen. For reference:

Popehoist posted:

I was having a bit of trouble getting the camera to work for me in monhan so i dropped out to the CPP calibration screen to check my c-stick was working alright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77FAwdwhjPc

While I don't expect it to go in a perfect circle, being a tiny nub thing, I'm just curious if this is similar to most people's experience or if mine is faulty. It works, just not very well atm.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Here's a reference for my C-Stick, it would appear yours is not working correctly for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMjthktiV4k

Thanks, that makes me more confident mine is hosed and I'll make sure their customer service guys don't try to gently caress me around. The downside is, I'm probably gonna have to send it back for repairs or worse, replacement. Will Ninty handle the system transfer stuff by themselves if they have to replace my poo poo or do I need to phone them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

enojy posted:

I just realized that it's very likely Nintendo went with "New" 3DS because of the confusion caused by naming the successor to the Wii the Wii U. We need a name that says, this is NOT just an accessory for the 3DS! It's an all new vers-- got it! Good job, Nintendo.

On the other hand, try saying "New Wii" out loud