Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

please add pushmo and crashmo to the recommended games. and thank you for including the sega 3d classics, they are good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Ciaphas posted:

After playing MH4U for most of a day now I am really sad that I can't find a new 3dsxl anywhere in town, I need that camera control like yesterday :(
dont be a baby the touchscreen dpad is fine

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Chronojam posted:

I got the last New 3DS at the store, and when I got it home it skipped the setup to go right to the Sonic theme with four Miis created. No NNID though or anything. They did charge me full price for a new unit, I figure I can complain for a discount?

if they dont want to give you a discount just return it and buy an actual new one when they get more stock

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Zore posted:

Physical cartridges always have the saves stored on them. System Transfer is important only in that it lets you keep your download licenses, and any saves for games downloaded to your SD card.

i believe there are a few carts that save to the sd card. i think someone mentioned that persona q gives you the option last time this got brought up

quite a few games like monster hunter store "extra data" on there which is often dlc but could be other poo poo too who knows

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Wildtortilla posted:

I don't have a new 3DS yet but I was just watching the transfer video and I got really stressed out. Now there's a screw driver stuck through my iPhone and my 3Ds is in pieces. loving hell.

the screwdriver is actually supposed to stab you in the brain. this is why we practice

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

isabelle will be by your side smacking rathian in the face

that dlc isnt out here yet though

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

my main cat right now is in a mario suit with a big hammer

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Nolgthorn posted:

How resilient are these left sticks because I feel sometimes like I'm janking it all over the place, the system feels really small so am I at risk of breaking it?

smash bros 3ds claimed the lives of countless sticks and we remember them proudly

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

SeANMcBAY posted:

What's new in MH4 other then two new weapon types and climbing on monsters?

the two new weapons and climbing on monsters owns. plus cats again and tons of monsters and no underwater bullshit

it's better than 3u is pretty much every way

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

poo poo happens

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Bombadilillo posted:

How hard is it for someone new to get into Monster Hunter?

Also how grind is it, I know you gather stuff to make potions and such.

I will play solo if that matters.

try the demo on the eshop

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

DoctorOfLawls posted:

Has anyone tried using a 64gb SDXC card in their new Nintendo 3DS? If so, is there a specific brand/model that is guaranteed to work?

you need to format it to fat32 and then anything should work

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

homeless snail posted:

And if you want you can play MH never doing the same quest twice for dozens of hours, drop rates and armor recipes in the beginning are forgiving enough that you'll get all the parts you need just playing naturally, grinding is totally unnecessary until high rank.
you can certainly play for dozens of hours without repeating a quest or monster but you probably won't be making much new gear in that time

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

noirstronaut is scared of kut-ku which is why he doesnt like monster hunter this is canon

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

capping one monster is probably not gonna get you one of their weapons of one piece of their armor usually. and dozens of hours would hopefully mean you're way out of low rank.

i just dont want the guy to get unrealistic expectations of no grinding from that is all. if you get into mh you are going to kill kut ku and velocidrome and rathian etc 50 times each at least and that's just something you have to accept and maybe be a little broken to actually enjoy.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

majoras mask and mh both got delivered on the same day. mm hasnt been in the 3ds once yet

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

corn in the bible posted:

are other people playing monhun? we should do that together, itd be fun imho

theres a mh thread here and in imp zone

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

probably ebay or just wait on amazon

not sure if any big box retailers carry them

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Bombadilillo posted:

Sweet. 3dsxl work for n3dsxl I assume.

yea the screens are the same size

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

IRSmurf posted:

IRL, it looked like a hooker's sequin clutch.
so it's fabulous?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Pablo Gigante posted:

Fun fact: The Wii actually does not have a native Home menu. The Home menu is hard-coded into every single Wii game separately.

what happens when you start a wii with no game in the slot?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it is a shame that the new custodian of the 3ds thread would resort to such shameful trolling

that said, the vita thread is fully supportive of jrpg and anime lovers of all kinds

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

People are using a browser exploit to game the stamina/currency system, just so you know.

i am excited to see people whining about getting banned over f2p energy bars

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i thought it was intentional because the friends you make in a final fantasy game are your friends for life

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Lemming posted:

I hosed up real bad by not getting Ouendan 2 and Ghost Trick before, but I'm going to fix that now. Is there anything else on the DS I'm missing?

the world ends with you
radiant historia
bowsers inside story

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

charging cradles are dumb please buy pushmo or something instead

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Jadaris posted:

Can you really not use Miis that are already in your plaza when you buy the StreetPass games?

correct

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Jadaris posted:

There's not a Frys anywhere near me and both target and walmart's website don't include Frys as a retailer that they will price match. Just don't want to waste my time driving around just to get shut down :(

call them

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

why do nerds looking for videogames forget phones exist

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

epsilon posted:

Last question of the day from me, M&L Dream Team, what's the consensus on this title? $15 for price matching a Nintendo first party title is almost always a great deal. I know Sticker Star is generally regarded to be trash...

it's fine for $15. i wish i hadnt spent 40 on it at launch though

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Nolgthorn posted:

Why don't we fax them next

17 minutes later and he could have called 5 stores easily by now

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

dont squeeze it too hard (or add some extra padding in the middle). the top screen can rub against the bottom bezel and cause permanent scuffing

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

never believe the guy at gamestop

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Turtlicious posted:

How dumb is cutting apart the game cart cases to get those little cart holders out and super gluing them to the back of my nu3dsm, My girlfriend shouted at me "What are you doing!?" over and over then ripped the thing out of my hands getting krazy glue everywhere. was it really that bad of an idea?

lmfao. your gf is smart cherish her

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Housh posted:

What's everyone's favorite Sega 3D classic so far?

shinobi streets of rage or galaxy force

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

steel divers sub wars

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

sounds like he would be the one selling. and currently that puts your 3ds at around $60 given the price for a used lbw which is reasonable

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yea

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Red Robin Hood posted:

e: class 6 though...

i dont think the 3ds can even utilize the speed of anything faster anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i want to try the glued game holder lifehack but i want to practice gluing first. any suggestions?