Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Depends on the sort of plastic they use, if it'll melt or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

nuru posted:

The problem with Ace attorney is that you have to understand Ace Attorney logic to get anywhere sometimes. You may know the murderer's finger is inside the vase in evidence, but you need to figure out which inconsequential question/press combo will lead the judge to talk about how in his day they wore onions on their belts so that Edgeworth bumps into the vase and shatters it.

It's possible I just hate adventure games.

You weren't there to take photos of the stars, stars don't go BANG, ARHG, SPLOOSH, which is what your camera is set up for why can't I show you the picture and tell you this ahhh no it's proper evidence judge don't throw me out, don'- my poor defendant is dead what did they even want :(

Not played these before and enjoying them so far, sort of. :v:

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07qM4X15sMY

:stare: I don't know what this even is but I kind of want it. I wonder if my 10yr old cousin has heard of it yet...

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

raditts posted:

So I got around to trying Pokemon Shuffle yesterday and it's... actually kind of fun? Which I really wasn't expecting from a F2P Match 3 game after playing absolute piles of poo poo like Candy Crush and that Pokemon Trozei game. I don't even mind having to wait between getting 5 hearts to play more, because 5 levels is about as much as I care about playing at any given time. I'm certainly not going to pay any actual money for it, but it's refreshing that (at least so far) it doesn't get to the point where the levels are absolute bullshit that you have to buy things to finish them.

It gives you gems and coins. You'll think "oh well I'll just use these gems on hearts why not"

Don't use them on hearts, save your coins for mega mawile and loving mega gengar.

gently caress you, mega gengar, I'm done.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Smoremaster posted:

This has probably been asked a million times but is it worth picking up a New 3DS XL just for monster hunter 4 ultimate? Is the 3d thing actually good or just a worthless gimmick? last DS I bought was a DSI.

Yep.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Went ahead and got one for the 3D tracking, but also because I'm fed up of hitting the volume switch by accident.

Now I get to save it for my birthday. :v:

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Ok is Club Nintendo UK super sensitive? Was registering all the codes my friend has been hoarding over the years, we got about 3 in and it appears to have blocked my account from registering any more. Really annoying...

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Thanks, I sent off an email but no response yet... Annoying because between us we've managed to fish 25 codes out of various places.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

So, yeah, this is a new item on the EU Club Nintendo.

6000 stars (an astronomical number) for a 12cm x 12cm "lamp" thing. It says it's a lamp, but has no power outlet, so it's probably a small LED powered by a battery.

Also, the reaction everywhere has been "but I spent all my stars already! Now I can never get this masterpiece!", so if you want to feel like a chump, you are not alone there.

I could afford this, but really...

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Pic Pic (DS) if she likes puzzles, too. Although it's not technically a 3DS game, my mum has completed all of the Drawing puzzles 3 times now.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

God drat the new 3DS. If you're thinking about getting one, get one of those clear plastic case things, I ordered one when I bought this but it hasn't actually turned up yet.

I got it in April and I've been using it fairly carefully, not putting it in my pocket or taking it out the house much, not throwing it in my bag, not leaving it where the dogs can get at it, and it's still covered in tiny scratches. (And fingerprints, my god does it pick up fingerprints) I cleaned it up earlier and there are legitimately wear marks on the bottom panel where I hold it. Ok the bottom panel is replaceable, but that's kind of ridiculous for not even having had it a month.

My old 3DS lived in my bag and back pocket for years with only a few deep scratches and a bit of wear on the corners, my mum dropped her DSI XL out of a 1st floor window (2nd to you americans) onto concrete with only bruising to one corner, I still have the DS lite I bought in about 2007 and it looks like new, why is this one so battered when I haven't even had it a month.

/rant over. Get a case.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

I don't entirely know what's going on there but I want it.

Think we'll actually get this one?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

boz posted:

Monster Hunter can give you a ton of playtime if it clicks for you.

Seconding this, I have 160hrs logged and my friend has 290 and we're probably about halfway through, although to be fair we're taking it slow and wasting a lot of time farming random weapons and vanity sets. (Actually, looking at your thread-history you probably already have this)

Rune Factory is the most anime game, it even has a sung theme at the beginning, but if you can live with that then it's all good and it starts reasonably quick.

The Phoenix Wright games were on sale a while back, they're pretty good.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Get a 3DS

Somebody with actual photoshop could probably do a better job...

My 3DS is basically the only thing that got me through a severe dental abcess, waiting for the dentists to open, the fact the browser is actually useable now, due to the extra CPU, also made a difference when I couldn't be bothered to move to get my laptop and needed to look up the number.

Also it loads MH super fast and makes all my friends jealous.

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Nov 3, 2015

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

You're missing Monster Hunter 4U.

Honestly I've just been playing pokemon shuffle and picross lately. Really ought to pick up Phoenix Wright again, but I hit one of the rougher parts and got discouraged.

Also been playing the original Rhythm Paradise, I found it for a quid second-hand and bought it thinking it would be a nice relaxing tapping game for my little brother, apparently not! Screw the ping-pong level.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Digital copies are much harder to lose, especially considering how often my 3ds has thrown a cart across the room because I knocked it wrong.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

MH4U - 237 Hours
Pokemon Y - 226 hours
Pokemon Shuffle - 157 hours

I'm not very reliable, buy MH4U. I've been playing it with a friend and we're not even g-rank yet.

Kid Icarus is down at number 21, behind the eshop, my alarm clock, and the friends list. I really ought to try it again, it just didn't grab me.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Rexroom posted:

Terraria for the 3DS arrives on the 10th of December. A busy day, apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_OMnj75a74

Is this really going to be local-play only? :(

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Also two of those don't come out in the UK til Feb at least.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

I'd spend more money on Pokemon Picross, but the lack of being able to add "required funds only" annoys me so much that I probably won't bother. I have £5 in my account, I want to buy the £6 set, I have to add a minimum of another £10? No thanks.

Seems you can get past it by adding money via badge arcade, but ehh.

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Dec 10, 2015

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

My second horse has lost every single race except his first. He's at something like 1/10. Weirdly though, nobody has ever threatened to fire me, my sponsor just keeps coming along and giving me piles of money because he feels sorry for me.

I think I might be a charity case and I'm *so* bad they're keeping me on the books out of pity...

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Not as good as the horses on the last page, but they're pretty much the only non-poo poo horses I've actually bred so far. Would have won more, but the AI horses are taking every steroid under the sun.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Top screen is cracked on my `'new'` 3ds, out of warranty. Anyone had it repaired by Nintendo UK? Is it feasible to fix this thing myself...

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

MohShuvuu posted:

How deep is the crack? If it's just the lens, you can remove it by heating it up with a blowdryer and pulling it off with a suction cup. The lenses themselves are like $3 USD on eBay.

It's a hairline crack leaking lcd fluid, although it seems to have reabsorbed most of it overnight so it's useable again now. Haven't tried taking the screen protector off. Nintendo UK quoted £77.50ish to repair it, sort-of-apologised for the fact their site is a piece of poo poo and said I should phone them if I wanted to book a repair.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Taking off the little side things and using them as controllers in their own right looks super uncomfortable.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Does this demo ever let me buy some pokeballs, or is it just going to continue to taunt me with this city full of useless grass patches.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

The (UK) badge arcade Rhythm Paradise theme is actually pretty nice. It's bright yellow with some swirls and some clouds and that's pretty much it, you can actually see what you're looking at, I don't think it even has music, which is weird when you think about it... Can't find a preview anywhere though.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

IAmKale posted:

Can you guys recommend a USB charging cable for a 3DS?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ZedLabz-br...s=usb+3ds+cable

Their styluses are also very good. Looks like you can get them on amazon.com too.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Unless you're in Europe, for some reason...

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

interrodactyl posted:

Completely unrelated, the top screen on my 3DSXL went out. How much is a replacement from Nintendo, and is it worth trying to do it myself?

Needed my n3DSXL replacing and it cost £77.50 in the UK, it took just under a month from send-off to return. If you have an older 3ds and not a `'new'` one it's not worth it. The screens themselves are pretty cheap on ebay if you want to do it yourself, but apparently it's fairly fiddly.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Pick up a decent screen protector and a transparent hori protector case, the slight extra thickness and grip makes it much easier to hold, and hides the fact that the 3ds is a scratch-magnet.

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Nov 20, 2016

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

First screen protector on my 'new' XL I managed to wear a deep gouge into when I guess I picked up a grain of sand or something under the stylus, wouldn't have liked to do that to the screen so it did its job. Never managed to make another mark on it, but the top protector did get a bezel line. There's really no reason not to have one on.

Replacement styluses, the ZedLabz ones on Amazon are good.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

I'm pretty sure carts store their save data on the carts. Have you tried cleaning the contacts both inside the 3DS and on the cart?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

USB drives too, you're supposed to plug them in once every few years, pull all the data off and then put it back, if you want to keep them healthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Did you steal the SD card for another use?