Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Proud new owner of a 2DS now

Because meh to the New 3DS' features.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Fryhtaning posted:

I had 3 unique parties saved, but each party was only different by 1 or 2 slots. Two full parties would have been nuts.

It's me, I'm the dude who's nuts.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Contempt for your audience is a beautiful thing.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Atlas Hugged posted:

I'm pointing out that if turning off random encounters improves the game, why include them at all? If you enjoyed just beating up the trash mobs, then we don't enjoy the same things in a game and that's fine too.

Because there are times when I want to fight lots of enemies and times when I don't want to fight any enemies and wow, the game provides for me both times.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Moe was the best.

Sadlt the rest of the case sucked.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

No, the best fights of Bravely Default are all at the end of the game. Just have to go through some crap first.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Does/did Layton still sell well when it came to the 6th installment?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm about 1/2 through the last case of game 1. I don't know why, but I am really hating this case. It just seems so stupid.

Last case do you mean case 4 or 5?

Actually, it doesn't matter. If you don't like either case your opinion is wrong and bad

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Ema spinoff or bust.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Saagonsa posted:

Xenoverse is really good and and anyone comparing it to the grind of an mmo has never played an mmo before

Yeah, MMOs have way less RNG bullshit!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Sacred Cow posted:

Getting myself a N3DS today. What is the RPG of choice - Bravely Default or Fire Emblem?

Do you like turn-based jRPGs or sRPGs more?

(The correct answer is Etrian Odyssey 4)

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

BisterdDave posted:

I thought Atlus was handling the western release of Stella Glow.

AFAIK, the western release of Stella Glow is still on track. It's the Japanese branch where everything went SNAFU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Hey guys who wanted a new Project X Zone because apparently that's happening.

Wonder what series they'll use this time.

It's still gonna be a bad game.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

deadly_pudding posted:

You know, I would really settle for a new Super Robot Wars that's not an Original Generation, if Japanese studios are starting to do Western localization of weird crossover games.

As was recently discussed in the SRW thread, the amount of text in even one of the smaller SRWs is insane. Throw in the licensing nightmare and no one in their right mind is ever going to bother localizing this game for the niche fanbase that exists.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

All that said I keep flip flopping between Bravely Default, Xenoblade, and thinking about buying the new Etrian. Help me choose which to play, friends :(

EMD is pure roguelike, so if you like that, buy it. If not, don't.

Bravely Default vs Xenoblade mostly comes down to which flavour of RPG you prefer more.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I can play Super Robot Wars on the treadmill because the ratio of actual gameplay to watching animations is something like 1:5.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Bravely Second coming over in 2016

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I'm down for this.

Although of course I'm also worried about how many enemies they can display at once on a 3DS.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I hope it isn't just a port, and that it has a different story or something. I do like that you can switch characters mid-battle, that is awesome!

Switching characters who are spread across the map is seriously one of the best changes they made, starting with Samurai Warriors Chronicles. That allows for battle events to never let up.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

So, who's excited for the new Metroid?

... Not me.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Rexroom posted:

Trailer for Project X Zone 2 is up. Because we apparently wanted this.

Odds on them once again revealing ALL the Special Attack animations before the game even releases?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

EOU2 is in a month and a half?

Dammit I'm not ready

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

You prefer MegaBambi or Baconbird.?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Just copy-paste SRW mechanics into your other crossover game, is that so hard.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Fuzz posted:

Is Rocket Slime any good? Finished Ghost Trick and other than the ending being short of hilariously ridiculous, it was great. Lot of DS back catalog poo poo I missed...

The game is split into two main parts. One is the main character (named Rocket) running around in what is basically Zelda-lite and the other is GIANT TANK BATTLES where you launch dozens of random items at reach other.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Aw man, no.

RIP. :smith:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ETA to getting pulled?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Etrian Odyssey!!!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

There are so many different ways to break Bravely Default over your knee. I love it.

Personally I enjoyed setting up a 4 Ninjas with Super Jump strategy, setting it and auto, and going to do something else.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Looks... colourful.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

BTW, does anyone know how good/bad Stella Glow is going to be when it releases here?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

goferchan posted:

Oh that's really loving cool -- the PS4 version is gorgeous but I had assumed the 3DS one would just be a bad low-res jaggy port of it; instead it also looks awesome just in a completely different way. Square makes some pretty bad, disappointing decisions sometimes, but when they're on their game, they're on it.

Yeah, now I really wish they'd do this 2D and 3D style for other games too.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

raditts posted:

So I decided to pick Bravely Default back up after like a 6-month hiatus, and I finally got to That Part. Is there a point where the asterisk bosses' dialogue stops varying between iterations? I'm finally starting to tire of grinding and kinda just want to get the game over with, but I also enjoy seeing the little differences like the white mage and the monk playing dead then running off to gently caress after you leave.

Gameplay spoilers for rest of the game:

Chapter 6 is almost the same as chapter 5 for most bosses, but the Valkyrie, Summoner and Ranger boss fights experience a significant change (they're not initially available, for one thing.) Be sure to go find Yulyana in Chapter 6 at some point, as it starts a sidequest for the last Job Asterisk (I assume you've gotten the Vampire Asterisk already.)

Chapter 6 is also considered to be the 'standard' point to go get the Normal Ending. Continuing afterwards just drops you off back before the Point of No Return, so don't worry about saving yourself out of anything.

Chapter 7 onwards seriously mixes things up, and I think you should experience it for yourself then.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Are they gonna pull Youtube?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The GBA emulator doesn't appear to be working.

I guess I'll sit pretty with it for a couple of days until SRW BX comes out and hope the region-free works.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Based on what has been said Yokai Watch doesn't sound so great.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

All standard SD cards should work regardless of size. That said, I seriously doubt anyone would ever need a 64GB cards for a 3DS.

Get Etrian Odyssey 4 or Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 instead of PQ if you want a meaty dungeon crawler to play.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Atlus streamed some Legend of Legacy earlier today, here's the archive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDbJ7VxXm84

I don't know if I should buy this game.

... Who am I kidding all my 3DS time is taken up with Etrian Odyssey and SRWBX as is.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

We could have played as Sherlock Holmes.

But noooooo...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

You only need to care about stat tweaking if you want to play multiplayer or get huge runs in the postgame Battle facility. The campaign of XY is the easiest Pokemon has ever gotten.