Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Help Im Alive posted:

Can someone tell me what this thing is and why we don't get it

You basically have to play slot machines with real money to get them and Nintendo has probably not gotten enough lawyers in to see if that poo poo will fly in the West (it will).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

After playing MH4U for most of a day now I am really sad that I can't find a new 3dsxl anywhere in town, I need that camera control like yesterday :(

Well, there's always this, too. It's unofficially called the MonHun accessory for a reason.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

greatn posted:

Also what's the best way to find 3d video?

greatn posted:

What is Plex?

greatn, see greatn's post above.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

raditts posted:

Did anything ever come of the Cubic Ninja homebrew exploit?

SNES and Game Boy emulators, plus a way to add your own custom themes instead of being limited by the official selection. That's about it. The region-free hack ended up not even using it.

Bombadilillo posted:

So what are the chances of the N3ds being the DSi?

That's what it is: a new revision that is perfectly ignorable.

Bombadilillo posted:

Are we getting a 4ds in a year that has proper 3d out the gate and a real second analog input?

Ah, you seek the wisdom of the Internet in reading the future. If you are taking bets, Nintendo will make a new handheld at some point. We are two years away from it at a minimum.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Feb 18, 2015

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

The Trozei/Link game is more akin Puzzle & Dragons than Candy Crush, I hear? I don't know the difference to be honest, but Link Battle is a pretty fun game, though it gets ridiculously hard in the later stages. Shuffle seems far more slower in comparison from its introduction on the last Direct.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

epsilon posted:

Suck a dick you dumb human being. I've done the same thing for goons looking for action figures. It's an act of kindness. But people on the spectrum generally don't understand empathy or altruism, do they?

Can you suck my dick as an act of kindness? It's very lonely and could use the kindness. But I am in the spectrum so I am not sure if $5 is cool for a swell dude such as you.

io_burn posted:

Is Pokemon Shuffle Nintendo's first foray into free to play stuff? I know they've had a few games with microtransactions but as far as the whole you get X lives and they recharge in Y minutes thing like Candy Crush, this is the first one right?

X lives with recharge in Y minutes, yes, this is the first one. Then you have Steel Diver where the F2P version gives you one generic sub and the rest are paid for. No one ever talks about it, but it's a rather cool multiplayer game.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Eh, "really good" isn't how I would describe that port, but it's perfectly all right and, outside a Vita, a good way to experience the best MGS game on the go. Also, the N3DS nub should work as a second stick since Snake Eater was one of the few games that supported the MonHun CPP accessory.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Evil Mastermind posted:

I have an 8GB card in my old small 3DS, and I have a 32GB card ready for the New 3DS. Should I do the initial setup on the New 3DS, transfer stuff to the larger card, then do the NNID transfer?

You can first move everything into the 32GB card, have it on your old system, and then do the standard system transfer (the one that doesn't copy anything over WiFi). After the process is over, you will be requested to put the card in your old system on the new one.

I am however assuming your 32GB card is a microSD and you have an adapter to put it on your old 3DS to get things started.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Feb 18, 2015

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Best game on 3DS

It's Terra Formars.

Also, Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker has a date for NA: May 5th.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

The framerate is acceptable, but not garbage. Except for the demo -- the demo's of an earlier build and the framerate is complete garbage there.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Oh. hey, got home to find a Club Nintendo gift: the original soundtrack for Link Between Worlds. Pretty beautiful package, two discs, sheets for some of the melodies (so we can play them ourselves), and a pretty long note, sort of a Making Of from the composer (Ryo Nagamatsu). Overall, pretty satisfied. Better than some golf balls for sure.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Buying all Nier songs that are ever released.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Is Ironfall not out in the US yet? Otherwise I don't understand the complaint about no shooters on the 3DS.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Is Nintendo planning on releasing any matte new3DS XLs?

Maybe in a new LE somewhere in the future. Right now, glossy hell.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

jabro posted:

What would be a good first Pokémon game for me?

Either is fine, but I'd say X/Y would be a better fit for your case.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Hadn't seen those before. Matte finish, looking pretty good.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Feb 23, 2015

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Ah, yes, the New 2DS with improved 3D tracking.

If you really think the Nu3DS is a new console for Nintendo of Japan instead of just a revision, I don't know what to tell you. I do know I own a copy of the only exclusive DSi game ever released in Europe: Face Training. That's how many exclusive games that "new" system got.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Feb 23, 2015

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

precision posted:

The first Resident Evil: Revelations is really cheap on 3DS, is there any reason not to just get it instead of the PS3 port?

Nope, it's perfectly fine and the best graphical showcase of the system. Plus, 3D. If you have a Nu3DS, the second stick works on the game, too.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

eightysixed posted:

I just bought Chrono Trigger from Amazon. I hope all this Chrono whitenknighting wasn't a troll :saddowns:

Fooled you, didn't we? We are all Amazon sellers trying to move stock. Thanks for your custom, sucker!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Sodium Chloride posted:

Why didn't you just buy the blue New XL?

AFAIK, America only got Black and Red models.

Edit: so beaten, but yeah, we in the Old World got a Blue model.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Fuzz posted:

What the gently caress is this smdyff poo poo

Refer to this precious autistic poster and the continuous mockering of said individual.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

In other news, here's the top 20 sales chart for Japan, week of Feb 16th-22nd

code:
01. [PSV] God Eater 2 Rage Burst – 234,180 / NEW
02. [3DS] Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D – 72,181 / 302,246
03. [PS4] God Eater 2 Rage Burst – 37,824 / NEW
04. [PS4] The Order: 1886 – 25,023 / NEW
05. [PS4] Dead or Alive 5: Last Round – 24,457 / NEW
06. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 2: Shinuchi – 17,738 / 2,497/462
07. [PS3] Dragon Ball Xenoverse – 12,211 / 72,838
08. [PS3] Dead or Alive 5 Last Round – 11,271 / NEW
09. [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire – 11,256 / 2,525,177
10. [PS3] Samurai Warriors 4-II – 8,936 / 53,510
11. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate – 7,910 / 2,478,064
12. [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for 3DS – 7,860 / 2,157,653
13. [PS4] Dragon Ball Xenoverse – 7,239 / 54,442
14. [PSV] Otoko Yukaku – 7,083 / NEW
15. [PSV] Samurai Warriors 4-II – 5,223 / 28,742
16. [PSV] Hakuouki: Zuisouroku Omokage Hana – 5,154 / NEW
17. [WIU] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U – 4,881 / 592,794
18. [WIU] Mario Kart 8 – 4,603 / 921,092
19. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 4,595 / 3,923,419
20. [PSV] Fuuraiki 3 – 4,435 / NEW
No new releases for the 3DS. The new God Eater is from recollection the only Vita game to have surpassed 100k units sold this year. Animal Crossing is forever.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

"Decent"? Jesus Christ, look at those prices. I so wish I could buy most of those first party games for those prices here.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

SoulChicken posted:

On final fantasy curtain call, do people generally use the stylus or the buttons to play?

I think it depends on the person. You can even use a combination it calls "hybrid" to use both at the same time. I just use the stylus.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Heads up, there's a new firmware update that allegedly breaks the region-free exploit.

Noooo. Goddamn it, they wouldn't fix the browser if people weren't exploiting it for Pokemon Shuffle.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Cat Machine posted:

The biggie is 3D Classics Outrun, everything else is gravy

This man knows what's what.

Also, reminder not to upgrade your firmware if you are on an "old" 3DS and use the region-free hack. It was patched yesterday thanks to the dumb kids cheating on Pokemon.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3Mk4KeDPSE

This isn't a hacked theme. Some suit in Japan thought it a good idea to release a bloody Evangelion theme complete with theme song running in loop on the menu.

He was right.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Argue posted:

On that note, how DO I distinguish a NA New 3DS box from a European one?

European stuff has a PEGI rating icon.

Also, NA only got the XL model, not the smaller one with faceplates.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

TxK is supposedly getting a PC port soon.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

A Big... Dog posted:

I'm a Mac user AKA 90s Myst Player

Well, 1) dual booting is an option, 2) thanks to Steam nearly every indie game now makes a Mac and Linux version along with Windows, so it's possible running TxK natively in OS X will be a thing

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Dehry posted:

It would be hilarious to walk into a Gamestop and order the "Happy Boobs Edition" of any video game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRqVXLlLQpc

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Top 20 sales chart for last week in Japan
code:
01. [PS3] Dragon Quest Heroes – 67,514 / 392,960
02. [3DS] Etrian Mystery Dungeon – 65,226 / NEW
03. [PS4] Dragon Quest Heroes – 35,425 / 304,729
04. [3DS] Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D – 23,764 / 365,761
05. [3DS] The Prince of Tennis II: Go to the Top – 22,568 / NEW
06. [PSV] God Eater 2 Rage Burst – 17,710 / 289,539
07. [PS4] Evolve – 16,851 / NEW
08. [3DS] Youkai Watch 2: Shinuchi – 14,278 / 2,528,184
09. [3DS] LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins – 13,284 / NEW
10. [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire – 11,297 / 2,549,155
11. [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for 3DS – 7,431 / 2,173,243
12. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate – 6,673 / 2,492,332
13. [PS3] Dragon Ball Xenoverse – 5,787 / 86,874
14. [PS3] Downtown Nekketsu Koushinkyoku – 5,473 / NEW
15. [WIU] Mario Kart 8 – 5,342 / 931,332
16. [PSV] Diabolik Lovers Dark Fate – 4,902 / 12,164
17. [WIU] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U – 4,829 / 602,560
18. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 4,671 / 3,933,006
19. [3DS] Doraemon: Nobita’s Space Heroes – 4,663 / NEW
20. [PS4] God Eater 2 Rage Burst – 3,654 / 48,883 
Etrian Mystery Dungeon, Prince of Tennis 2, and a Doraemon game (that nobody noticed) were this week's new releases, along with the two year old Lego City Undercover.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Man, I tried to find an interview to check if it would be worth grabbing the Sonic one even though it's not sale and the guys at M2 are just insane. Oh, the 3DS can't do proper 2D graphics leaving most work on the CPU and emulating the Mega Drive doesn't allow for more VRAM? Well, we'll just loving create a buffed up Mega Drive spec, emulate it, and make the whole thing so input lag free you'd think you are playing on customized hardware that existed on an alternative reality where the jump to 3D consoles didn't happen.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Super Hang-on does not have that awesome mode the Mega Drive which worked like a pseudo-career mode with the ability to buy parts for your bike. It's just a straight up port of the arcade game, which is neat and all, but after seeing M2 doing a bunch of crazy stuff before on their works I was expecting a bit more.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

You'd start a race, break something on your bike and be forced to start > restart > forfeit a race a hundred times just to collect enough consolation parts to fix your bike and try again.

Oh, oh yeah, that was a thing. I think selective memory is awesome because I had managed to completely remove those "fun" moments out of what I remembered about the MD port.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Aren't you that dude that one time saw an indie game being offered for free as a promo, clicked next next next so much that you missed the part where you had to put the promo code and then when asked about your credit card info you just filled it up and spent $30 on it? Because that poo poo was hilarious and even though it's been like three years I still recall it.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Stelio Kontos posted:

Picked up Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the rift today, anything I need to know before jumping in?

The protagonist is unbearable as gently caress, the story is horrible, and the sprites are from the GBA game. And yet, stick with it, it's good fun. You get eased in pretty easily early on and nothing is really missable -- just jump in.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

The rear end Stooge posted:

If you're playing a DS/3DS in public, it's obvious what it is regardless of the color. No other device looks like a DS.

Maybe from the back... it looks like a weird shaped tablet? Thus they won't know about my secret, shameful love for videogames from Nintendo.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

It's high time for a Nintendo Direct when people feel the need to fill the silence with fakes. When is it, Iwata? When is it, man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

"Oh, don't mind me, I'm just parked here to grab some streetpasses. I'll be gone soon."