Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

I'm really impressed with MM3D. It feels contemporary - funny that it comes out a week after "Life is Strange," which is a great game but which is largely built on mechanics that MM3D pioneered ~15 years before. I never played the original and was concerned that - like "the Ocarina of time" - it wouldn't remotely hold up to fans' memories. I do think that the Ocarina of Time is a legitimately Not Great, bordering on Bad game that nostalgia completely blinds people to. I've bought it three times (Gamecube bonus disc with Wind Waker, Wii VC, and then 3D remake) because I wanted to believe that it was as good as people say it is. On the other hand, MM3d is actually probably the best Zelda game I've played to date, just a brilliantly designed thing. [Full disclosure - I started with the original LOZ in '86 or whenever].

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

For everyone in NA who is still all crabby about not getting the new small 3ds, take solace in the fact that the nn3dsxl has IPS screens and all other revisions, even non-xl new 3ds's have TN.

The bottom screens are still TN panels all around.

Look at dem viewing angles:

http://i.imgur.com/kHG0Web.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/raaKqQR.jpg

For those of us that aren't hardware engineers, what do any of these acronyms mean and what are the implications of them?

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

I just found my copy of Ocarina of time. This is rare now? Why? How much could/should I sell it for?

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

Why!?

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

Fremry posted:

Yeah, exactly this. I was thinking about buying a red one just because I've always bought black electronics, but honestly, as a 30 year old man that still plays videogames, I don't want to call anymore attention to it than I have to.

The black one is the first portable system I haven't been embarrassed to take out in public.

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

Oh cool, the same people who have spent the last several months hyping up the 3DS Xenoblade are now bashing it.

http://kotaku.com/were-not-crazy-about-xenoblade-chronicles-3d-1696983738

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

"Lets see, we got a lot of clicks hyping up the game... So we can get even more clicks bashing it now that it's out!" :pseudo:

In all seriousness, what's a good video game news site that isn't designed so it looks like I'm throwing a child's birthday party in my cubicle?

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

I'm moderately enjoying this game so far but WOW is it ugly. You can see scanlines and everything has a brittle jaggedness to it that even causes weird moire effects at distances and stuff. Yeesh. This looks like a PS1 game. It reminds me of "Legend of Legaia" or legend of dragoon or something like that.

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

I've decided that Xenoblade is a pretty terrible game for 2015, and would have been a mediocre game even on the PS2 and fallen somewhere between Rogue Galaxy and like, uh, Wild Arms Jr. or something. It's a mess, the story is bad, the dialogue is "How could you betray us, Betrayu!?"-level doggerel, and the battling is unfun. I'm never going to trust a consensus groupthink opinion again.

However, it's kind of the perfect portable RPG. It feels like a really good iOS RPG or something, because you can just pick it up for 5 minutes at a time and then move on with your life. I accomplished a little bit while splattering a deuce last night, a little more on the treadmill, etc. and I can now totally see losing 100 hours to this in 5-minute chunks.

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

Hi all, I bought a New 3DS last year when Xenoblade came out, hated the game, and have not turned on the 3DS since. I bought an original 3ds the day it went on sale and I'm a "chater member" or whatever so I have all of games that Nintendo gave as a price drop apology and so on.

I really feel like I should probably sell my system sine I have zero interest in playing it and frankly, there don't seem to be any good-looking games on the horizon. Is there anything exclusive or good coming, even reissues? I have zero interest in smash or animal crossing or that yokai watch thing or whatever. Are there other games that use the power of the New system at all?

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

codenameFANGIO posted:

Yeah I am not going to plead with you to keep your video game system you don't want. Sell it.

There just don't seem to be any games of substance or of note. Are any coming soon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

I haven't used or thought about my New 3DS in at least a year if not longer - if I sell it with the ambassador certificate, can the new owner keep all the ambassador titles? Is that worth more on the secondary market?