Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’ve got a few backup batteries and one backup circlepad. Hopefully nothing goes wrong that doesn’t involve either of those things!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
My nephew snapped his 3DS in a prepubescent rage and I kept the bottom half for harvesting.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Use it until it last for less than an hour or until it bulges

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah I’ve done it and I’ve been fine

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah it’s the best one too

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Do you have a DSi somewhere you can test the charger with?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
RIP 3DS eshop, it’s been real

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Whoa that’s neat. If I didn’t already inject all the GBA games I care about I’d definitely try that out

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’ll pay $5 for the weird handheld port of SFIV

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I thought the sprites were redrawn?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Phoenix is cool in Apollo it’s in the next two games that he sucks imo

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I have the Club Nintendo 3DS pouch and I just toss it in there when I'm not using it and seems fine

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I have a bad history with hardshell cases they seem to cause more scratches than they prevent

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The ones that aren’t obviously grinding DLC or bathhouse fan service are pretty okay

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Not really, The boom games are mediocre and Lost World is actively bad, haven’t played generations though. they pale in comparison to Rush and Rush Adventure for the DS.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The first Rush has a really good soundtrack by the Jet Set Radio guy so it has that going for it

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Apollo Justice gets a bad rap. It’s real good imo

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I usually go into the SD card management section in settings and see how many pages show up but that’s not very scientific I guess

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
There are only thirty or so GBA games I like to revisit so it’s not too bad converting those so they look nice in a folder next to my GB and GBC games

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Inject your favorites and agp firm when you want to explore the library

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Its probably more comfortable but it just feels wrong yeah

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
2DS XL already came in a nice purple. Wish the n3DS XL did, the Galaxy one was close but was blue inside

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The GBA SP is a pain in the butt dealing with the hinge and all, I imagine the 3DS is even worse

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I remember Chibi Robot Photo Finder being okay but I dont remember much else that used the camera

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Why does it have to click so loud when opening it though? sounds like I'm snapping something in half when opening it

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Glossy plastic was a scourge in the mid 2010s

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
My bottom plate is a little worn but not flaking yet, I don’t sweat too much so hopefully that’ll keep it from getting all gooped up until some cool looking shells come out

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Detective No. 27 posted:

I do wonder how 3DS hardware is gonna hold up in another twenty years. Gameboy is over 30 years old at this point and are pretty plentiful and has gained a second life with the modding scene. It's said that the DMG hardware was outdated even when it was new but drat if it isn't hardy. I have a feeling 3DS just won't get that long of a life.

Yeah I wonder how those launch 3DS or 3DS XLs are doing. Those are both a decade old at this point

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

SeANMcBAY posted:

Are there any crazy things like rehousing going on in the DS realm?

Just shells for that weird gameboy Macro mod haven’t seen much else

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Detective No. 27 posted:

Someone made a DS core, but from what I read, RAM is holding it back.

Maybe with dual SDRAM becoming more standard things may become more feasible

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’d say the NES VC versions are better. even if they look a bit dark at least they run and feel fine

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If you use emulators that SD card fills up quickly, I’d recommend 128GB

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
128GB is fine once you format it with the proper cluster size, godmode has a decent formatter built in if you have trouble finding a decent PC one

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I think its on iOS too but its more expensive there

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Do you play in portrait or landscape? I’d think the “top screen” would be too cramped in portrait but the “bottom screen” would be too out of the way in landscape

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

KingSlime posted:

ALSO: 2D SMT games are better because everything moves faster/snappier in battle and the pictures are prettier/more stylized than 3D models. Am I crazy?! Love me some 2D mega ten, seeing my pool of demons represented with their battle sprites on the bottom screen is rad as heck

No you’re correct, first person battle view is superior to what SMT 3 and 5 have going on

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You had to download a game to hack? I just used a magnet for mine

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You need to jailbreak it use a flashcart anyway

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If you have to copy things back and forth on an SD card anyway seems like you might as well hack the thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
PAC Pix sucked too, lots of bad PAC MEN games on the DS