Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I have heard nothing but bad things about III.

Like the port just made it unfun garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

noirstronaut posted:

sounds like my sex life

There is no way it looks fantastic.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Apr 5, 2015

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Your posts are pretty solid if you don't read them.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Nah if I don't like something its bad and its everyone elses fault for liking it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I have seen past the horrible group think in this thread, and have figured out it is in fact a good post.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Rexroom posted:

Not in Japan at least.

I am pretty sure on the whole Japan laws arent that much lower than the US.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

PantsBandit posted:

Nah, they're doing a "re-telling" of those two movies. That's what the first couple of arcs are going to be. Yeah, it's lazy as gently caress.

They are doing that while doing some one and done and setting up the next major arc after the movies. It's great. Everyone should watch super it already has many of the things people wanted from a new series.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Does it have Piccolo being cool and useful?

He is being cool yeah, useful uhhhhh maybe in the next arc. Which is actually perfectly set up for side characters to shine.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

jivjov posted:

When people post hyperbolic shitposts, I'm going to call it out.

This post also qualifies.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

There is something comforting about the fact that where ever there is someone slightly critical of Nintendo, jivjov is there.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

jivjov posted:

Be critical all you want...just be accurate while doing so.

That adorable and ironically factually incorrect.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ausgoons; if you're after a cheap copy of Xenoblade Chronicles, Big W is trying to push their stock off the shelves for $30AUD. They're selling the Inazuma Eleven games for the same price too if anyone's after those.

I will buy you a copy and ship it to you for the modest price of 150AUD if anyone is interested.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Shwqa posted:

Guys I come to this thread to learn about which games I can rub an anime girl's face in the middle of a battlefield. Not the nuances of making money by buying limited releases.

You can rub his face for the low price of 29.99!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The rear end Stooge posted:

Blame the people willing to pay $180 for a video game, not the people responding to that demand. It's not like they're a utility company jacking up prices on daily necessities. Nobody needs a limited edition of a video game and acting like you're going on some moral crusade against people making it more difficult for you to buy one is ridiculous and entitled.

That is not what entitled means, I mean this whole post is dumb but that stood out.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The rear end Stooge posted:

It's entitled to think you have some inalienable right to purchase a luxury entertainment item for less than a certain amount of money, as many people here seem to believe.

You didn't read my post did you

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Weedle posted:

still mad about this huh

Which is hilarious because fire emblem doesn't do character development. They got food conversations out the rear end tho.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

AAC Vs. Jivjov, a clash of titans.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I will never get goons obsession with defending a companies outdated policy. You are not making any money why do you care?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

No one is saying they don't have the right but the consumer has the right to complain. It's just dumb, like the word entitled, which somehow became an insult. Even though it shouldn't be.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Lol I missed that post, dude is to invested in Nintendo.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

LoveBoatCaptain posted:

The literal definition of entitled isn't an insult, but the word has pretty much become a shorthand for having a false sense of entitlement, which is what many people are tired of seeing.

You're right, there's nothing wrong with complaining if you feel entitled to something and you aren't getting it, but if you (in the general sense, not you specifically) lash out at the people who disagree with you and act like they're just mindlessly defending Nintendo it's going to look like your sense of entitlement is out of proportion.

Also, I think slurs are great, they make it so much easier to figure out who to ignore.

They are just mindlessly defending nintendo tho. They have no stake or really any counterargument to speak of.

It's just cheerleading.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

homeless snail posted:

I'm sorry that thinking old games are still worth paying for is a controversial statement to you. Games don't get worse with age, and they still have value.

Controversial implies both sides have worth. So I agree it isn't controversial

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Looper posted:

I can write a lot of words arguing the contrary but I don't really care enough to. I mean if you like it, that's cool, but it's not a good game

You are the first person I heard call it bad so maybe it's a good game you don't care for?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

pizza valentine posted:

I'm liking it a lot so far, but I'm only 4.5 hours in. The game looks really nice considering it was once a sprite-based PS1 game. The 3D looks fine, runs smoothly most of the time with it on or off, and the music sounds good. I've noticed some slow down in some battles.

But whoo boy, people weren't kidding when they said it takes a while to get anywhere. I think I was 2 or so hours in before I did the first dungeon, and like 1.5 hours in before the first battle. I also still haven't unlocked any classes yet.

That fetch quest at the beginning was bullshit tho.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I can understand on a home system but being on a handheld makes is so much more tolerable.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Really outside of one and two none of the mainline DQ are considered bad. Not perfect but not bad.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Well it doesn't have that, so I don't see any point in this going any further.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Dr. Fetus posted:

What game is this even referring to? Usually preexisting encounters in RPGs wait for the player to leave the area before respawning.

They randomly spawn in. Usually they don't spawn in on you but it does happen.

In DQ7

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

FireMrshlBill posted:

If you want a more casual game to play while watching tv, DQ7 is more in that category than Xenoblade.

I disagree as a lot of quests involve talk to so and so to advance and it's real easy to miss someone and not figure out who it were.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

wocobob posted:

I played through 9, and had a really good time with it. It took me about 20-25 hours to do it, though, so 7 might be a very different experience. Is it actively padded, or does it just have a poo poo ton of stuff to do?

The beginning has a lot of pointless backtracking but it gets better plus it's story is divided into many self contained parts.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

ChaosArgate posted:

It's, uh, even more tedious than your bog standard JRPG, if you can believe it.

It's not even as tedious as other Dragon quest games.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

They have said stuff like that before, so we will see.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I would like to know if it was good too, as I could go for more turn based RPGs

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You're enjoyment of Samus Returns is going to be heavily based on whether you like the counter-attack mechanic as much as the developers did.

You don’t have to use it at all really.

I never did

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You absolutely do. Every enemy I ever ran into was predicated on "wait for me to flash, counter" and there's all of like four enemy types in different colours so... :shrug:.

Do you think you have to parry in Dark Souls as well.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It gives you a tutorial on it so I’m not sure what else it could do.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The best RPG in the 3ds is Radiant Historia

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Heath posted:

Is the remaster of Radiant Historia worth it?

It’s pretty good though the extra content is okay but nothing great but you don’t have to play it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I’ve never played ends with you but everything I’ve seen makes it look at best okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

endlessmonotony posted:

The rest of the game is lighthearted (sort of) jrpg with ridiculous characters, plots and so forth.

Only the gameplay is also amazing and would support the game by itself.

And the plot never intrudes on the gameplay experience.

Does it open up because the gameplay I’ve seen seems kind of bad