Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Yeah I gave away all my Monster Hunter demo codes when I got them thinking I'd never play the game. Did the 3ds trade in at GameStop and they were sold out of Zelda so I picked it up on a whim. I am really surprised because I drained my battery playing nothing but it. Just killed the giant insect thing and it's been very fun so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

If I don't like SMT4 because it's hard and I am bad at it, should I bother looking at the other titles or should I just accept the games aren't for me?

I have about 20 hours in the game and I've restarted twice because I get to Tokyo and quit each time.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

KillGizmo posted:

Maybe this has been discussed before, if so sorry. Why doesn't Amazon have the new 3DS yet or is it just sold out there? I have gift cards to burn.

Amazon and Nintendo aren't playing nice?

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Wildtortilla posted:

I don't have a new 3DS yet but I was just watching the transfer video and I got really stressed out. Now there's a screw driver stuck through my iPhone and my 3Ds is in pieces. loving hell.

:ughh: :wrongful:

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Does streetpass work across regions? I am moving back to Japan soon and I need more people to beat the stupid mini games. I won't have a japanese 3ds though.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Fryhtaning posted:

Online play is worthless because there are people who eagle literally 75% of holes. That's a hole in one on all but one or two par 3s out of the whole 18 holes. I'm already a +9 handicap and I've gotten one hole-in-one ever, and never an eagle on a par 4.

I don't even see how it's possible unless you can max all the stats. But so far after 40 coins the gear doesn't seem any better than most of the stuff at the beginning.

Still a fun as hell game. Online play is just the last reason on the list IMO.

Make some goon friends and play with them? If I am near Best Buy, I will pick it up for 25 bucks.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Mortley posted:

I've got a 3DS and a 3DSXL, and I'm wondering which games (from whichever version of the DS) are best for local, simultaneous multiplayer for two relatively casual gamers. My girlfriend things New Super Mario Bros U is too hard to control, so I dunno if NSMB2 in co-op is the way to go?

Neither one of us are Pokemon people but we could give it a shot; it'd just be expensive to get 2 copies. Unless there's an older, just-as-fun-for-non-fanatics version that I could pick up 2 copies of for cheap? Children of Mana for the original DS sounds legit, but again, 2 copies, right? I'm open to 3DS games as well, but I am not as familiar since I haven't been around other people who had them much.

-edit- that's what I get for turtle typing onto phone.

Take a look at Animal Crossing and Fantasy Life. Both are casual games that are great him/her coop. Neither are super cheap but I got like 125 hours out of Animal Crossing before it was too boring to continue.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Bravely Default goons,

I started playing yesterday and am in chapter one. I decided to do the side quest where you get the thief class before I went south of the desert city. I got the class and defeated the thief but am getting my rear end destroyed by the French sounding merchant in the town.

I don't want to look up poo poo in a guide because I am weak and will rely on it instead of just playing. My question is, can I go forward to do the main storyline quest and come back after doing that dungeon south of the city?

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

eightysixed posted:

Chrono Trigger was delivered last night. Starting it this morning. :getin:

Game's pretty over rated. It's not terrible or anything but it certainly isn't the best of the snes era RPGs.

Secret of Mana, Ogre Battle, and Final Fantasy 6 were all better games.

Hekk fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Feb 27, 2015

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Double post

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Haruharuharuko posted:

Take your phone to a local Target or Wal-Mart they will price match as long as they can make sure it's a legit offer (hence why to take your phone).

My local Target said they only price matched a select number of competitors (list is on their website) and neither Fredy Meyer nor Frys is on that list. I did however manage to get Walmart to price match Best Buy's Theatrerhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call. Dude just looked at me with dead eyes and asked how much Best Buy was selling it for. He never even checked the ad I had on my phone.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I missed the 5 minute window that Mario Golf was available at Frys for 10 bucks. Has anyone else seen the game for cheap anywhere?

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Red Robin Hood posted:

I actually bought a 2nd copy (price matched at Best Buy) in case any of my friends wanted to play it but they either own it already or I don't have any friends or they don't want to play it.

Shoot me an email if you wanna grab it for $10+shipping: redrobinhood.sa@gmail.com

Sent you an email

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Red Robin Hood posted:

I actually bought a 2nd copy (price matched at Best Buy) in case any of my friends wanted to play it but they either own it already or I don't have any friends or they don't want to play it.

Shoot me an email if you wanna grab it for $10+shipping: redacted email

Just posting to say that Red Robin Hood is :krad: and sent me his extra copy of Mario Golf for cost and I am very appreciative.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Turtlicious posted:

I tried to sand it off and it scraped up the glue.

If you go to an automotive store you can find extremely fine grit sandpaper that you could use to remove glue residue with. It'll also destroy the finish on the top of the 3DS but it will at least provide a smooth surface to attach a decal to.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I have the eshop version and have no issues 15 hours or so in. Anecdotal I know, but I imagine most bought the cart.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I am going to be without internet or access to american stores for 3 or 4 months. I am looking for recommendations on 3ds titles that give a decent return in hours of playtime. I have considered Fantasy Life and Rune Factory 4 since my wife and I enjoy Animal Crossing so much. How long does it take for Rune Factory to pick up? I watched a couple of let's play videos and it looked super anime and cheesy as hell. Maybe I didn't watch long enough but, despite people saying it's great, it didn't really look like it'd grab me.

Right now I am heading out with:

Mario Golf
Xenoblade
Etrian Odyssey IV
Bravely Default
Shovel Knight
Zelda Link Between Worlds
Ocarina of Time

I am not opposed to branching into other genres and mostly listed what I have to save people from recommending any of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Can I buy Amiibos in Japan and use them on my US new 3DS and Wii U? They have a ton of them in the stores over here but I don't know if there is some sort of region locking or anything.