Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

I'm getting back into Shin Megami Tensei IV after dropping it for a while. I kinda want to do the chaos route because I think Jonathan is lame. That`s pretty much my only argument. :buddy:

Some people in taverns say I'm a very polite fellow, which I'm guessing means I'm currently on a lawful route. How long do I have to try and reroute myself and how tricky will it be? I just got to the part where Walter left to go check out the true meaning of evil.

Second question: how much longer is this game I've been playing it for 40 hours already jeez

Honestly I'd say try for the neutral ending. Both the law and chaos endings are pretty bad and neutral has the most content. Though you do have quite a bit of time to change your alignment still. There are two areas that I think should come up pretty soon that have quite a few alignment decisions and then after that the big decision that locks your alignment.

Also if you haven't done the tournament sidequest yet you could do that and chose to kill everyone you defeat for more chaos points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

What do you recommend to set me into neutral? I have no idea how far into law I am. I don't want to get down to neutral and then realize the big decision is going to swing me out of it.

The problem with SMTIV is that as far as I know there's no way to tell how far into one alignment you are. Just start making all the chaos decisions you can until the people at the bar aren't sure what to think of you or say something about you being chaotic or whatever, then try to maintain a balance.

Though the final 2 areas before the big decision don't have any bars to check your alignment at and you can't go back to Tokyo until the decision is made so just make sure to keep a save at the beginning of the second area (you'll know them when you see them) and go back to it if your alignment isn't what you want after the decision.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Awakening is nowhere near as long as Bravely Default

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The normal 3ds is fine

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

There is a point where a joke stops being funny, and I think we are past that point

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Bombadilillo posted:

Vita has some bad shooters, and rogue legacy, binding of Isaac, and crap like that. Might be a better fit for your bad game tastes.

The vita is really good, actually. As is the 3ds

Also yeah the vita sounds like a better portable for him than the 3ds

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The vita has many good games, as does the 3ds

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Bravely Defualt was insanely good, actually

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Louisgod posted:

Is there an anime game you don't like?

Yes, there are many

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

littleorv posted:

I am not a fan of the Final Fantasy games but I absolutely adore the SMT games. Would I enjoy Bravely Default?

It depends on which final fantasy games you don't like and why. If it's the older ones like 5 then yeah you probably won't like it

It's really not much like SMT at all though.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Bravely Default is really fun, as is SMT IV

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Nah both are really boring and bad

lmao

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

There are many good JRPGs and anime games on the 3ds, so people post about them in the 3ds thread

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Housh posted:

I got After Burner II and Ace Attorney trilogy to play during my mom's surgery and recover. I'm still itching for 1 more involved game as the other two are good short spurt games.

The eShop music keeps seducing me to get MM but everyone says that is a love it or hate it game. Kinda want New Leaf cause a friend said he would play if I get it. The cat buddies in the Monster Hunter Demo were :3: and Fantasy Life seems interesting but I wish there was a demo. I kind of want a fun and humours game.

If you ever played and liked Ocarina of Time you'll probably like Majora's Mask, unless you really can't stand the idea of having a kind of time limit.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Housh posted:

That's my fear. I loved OoT as a kid and the thought of it on a timer like the overworld is just dungeon on a timer sounds stressful and not fun. I do like the weird stuff though and I want to know who Tingle is.

It's really not all that stressful since you can reset time any time you want and all your main gear, money stored in the bank, teleport points (which you get pretty much every time you go to a new area), and cleared dungeons stay.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Fryhtaning posted:

FFS people, it's like 20 seconds. Scroll through each of your characters and watch what the gently caress the enemy is doing from their perspectives, so you don't do something retarded like, I don't know, blindly charge into enemy fire and get yourself stunned??

I'd hate to see some of you playing chess or any tabletop game.

Calm down dude, it's gonna be okay. People generally expect those things to take a while when its a person doing them, less so when it's a computer in a video game.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Sade posted:

If you mean the additional cores, the only game to take advantage of them that's currently announced is Xenoblade.

Smash Bros and Monster Hunter do as well, I believe

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

That's a large picture of a tiny screen

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

don't buy bravely default its bad

It's good, actually

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

what are you people doing to your game consoles

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Fryhtaning posted:

Please go back to the Vita thread. There's no room here for the likes of you.

what

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Said the guy with the anime avatar

Is this supposed to be an own?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

You could just not use the 3d

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Theta Zero posted:

Wait just like...the bottom of the 3DS? Are the upper halves available somewhere?

You can't remove the top, so probably not.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Holy poo poo hahaha

I don't get what's funny

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Lord Ephraim posted:

The day I care about Etrian Odyssey is when they finally get rid of first person view. The gameplay has looked solid from the start but I just can't get into a game where it's fighting textboxes....unless it's Earthbound. I can tolerate anime, random battles, bad voice acting, engrish localizations but no party animations and it's a no. I can't explain why.

lol

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Haruharuharuko posted:

If they get rid of the second screen how will they make more Etrian Odyssey games?

Include graph paper and a pencil in every game box.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

GreenNight posted:

After not having a system since the original DS, is Bravely Default the best JRPG for the 3DS? Should I just wait for Xenosaga for I've never played it on the Wii?

Bravely Defualt, SMT4, and Pokemon are all good.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Xenoverse is really good and and anyone comparing it to the grind of an mmo has never played an mmo before

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

flyboi posted:

Piracy scene is going nuts right now that keys updated again
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/9.6.0-24

Supposedly as of right now Nu3DS has 0 exploits available to get keys going forwards yet Old3DS doesn't have the added security changes.

TL;DR: Nu3DS 100% locked out again for Gateway and Old3DS will be stuck at 9.5 unless a new exploit (or internal undiscovered) is used to get new keys meaning any new fw updates/games built against new keys will not work on Gateway. Because of how Sky works it isn't affected but if Nintendo is seriously going after piracy they will be next as it's also easily detectable.

I'm glad of it

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Senran Kagura a fun game.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

It's a fun if dumb beat em up

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

What does that post even mean

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The gameplay is pretty much worse than EO's in every way and a lot of the characters have been reduced to a single trait, but in the end I'd say it's an alright game. Just not as good as EO or Persona seperatly

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Honestly I'd say that the 3ds beats out the Wii U still. But that's just me.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I believe in SMTxFE

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

It's good.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

I believe in Nintendo

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

flyboi posted:

Considering how terrible the Layton & Phoenix Wright crossover was I'm glad it's not coming out.

I don't see how that is at all related to SMTxFE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Red Robin Hood posted:

I don't need another system. Somebody talk me out of buying this beautiful thing: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p...oryId=cat200006

Clear plastic is ugly