Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Is it weird that the main reason I wanted a New 3DS XL was because I discovered the scaling on DS games isn't quite right on the regular 3DS, leading to some blurriness, and it scales correctly on the XL's larger resolution screens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Ooh, good to know!

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

noirstronaut posted:

only if you feel bad about it

e: woah, ok

Someone's mindtaking you, son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-klQ-kpq98

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Same, I played the demo several times to try out several weapons and after a while the combos and dodging just clicked. Now I'm downloading it off the shop.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
I get the worst controls whiplash switching between Majora's Mask and Monster Hunter. :negative:

Waltzing Along posted:

Is there a story? Or is it just fighting poo poo, upgrading, fighting bigger poo poo, upgrading.

From what I've played, there is a story, but the story is secondary to the gameplay; it's just a reason to get you to new areas and have you check out new monsters to kill.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

Turtlicious posted:

Why do I need a screwdriver? (I have a whole set of tiny screwdrivers.)

Remember how there was a nice slot on the side of the 3DS so you could pop in and out an SD card? The MicroSD's slot is underneath the NuXL's backplate next to the battery. :iiam:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Very quick question, physical and digital 3DS games use their own saves, on cart and on SD respectively, yeah? Or is it possible to switch over to a digital version of a physical copy of the game and still use the same save?

It's Animal Crossing I'm thinking about; would like to have it digital so I can just play it whenever without having to swap the cart out but holy lol am I not doing that if I can't use my old save.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

Lemming posted:

There's a tool you can download that transfers your physical cart save to your SD card. You need to have a downloaded version of the game already installed for this to work.

noirstronaut posted:

Also, the Save Data Transfer tool doesn't copy your data. It moves it, your card will be wiped.

Thanks to both of ya, will keep these in mind