Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014
hoo boy. one of the nearby target stores said the majora's mask edition had "limited availability", but it was all out of stock :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

Technogeek posted:

I think the trade-in deal still runs through the weekend, so an XL will be worth $100 if you put it towards a New 3DS.

^Yup, and regular 3DSs are $75 I believe. I won't be taking advantage of it, though; my zelda link between worlds XL is too precious.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014
Hot drat... just barely made Platinum by registering everything I had laying around. Final year, all set.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

HPanda posted:

So are any of the Streetpass games worth it? They seem like they might only be good with a steady diet of Streetpasses, but just wanted to check.

That's pretty much the case, yeah. I've had the DLC for a while now, combined with high school and college I've gotten ample streetpasses and an obscene 120+ hours in it.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Forget about the themes, I want a n3ds with that snes button color layout like in those videos. :eyepop:

I don't think there are any white colored 3DSes in America yet, but the black and red ones also have the SNES-style buttons.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

Mercury Crusader posted:

You know how with DS games on the 3DS you can still hit the Home button to bump yourself back into the 3DS menu, and you can close the 3DS to put the DS into sleep mode?

The GBA Ambassador games don't do any of that.

The home button isn't useless, it just prompts you to close the game.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014
drat.... the last few special worlds in 3D land are a nightmare to 100%.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014
This level is going to eat me alive. :argh:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

RadicalR posted:

I have never got Home pass to work correctly on my machine. Frustrating.

Me neither, but I can live without it since college provides a decent amount of regular streetpasses.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

Housh posted:

That's insane. A normal size DS is really that small?

I love it because the pixel size is basically the same if you do it in 1:1 mode on a XL.

e: that sentence doesn't really make any sense, but you know what I mean. Also works for GBA games!

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

noirstronaut posted:

This thread has so much content and we're only 84 pages in.

The mark of a glorious thread.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

Space Fish posted:

Do you clear out your streetpasses to get more than 10/day?

You'll find me at conventions clearing out streetpasses and holding R to race through puzzle pieces. Don't cry for me, I'm already dead.

I would take a lot longer, sloughing through the DLC games.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

Sire Oblivion posted:

When I first got these things I was happy there was more to do with the Miis since I had beaten Find Mii 2 and all that, but jesus this became a chore with my terrible OCD. At this point I only care for the puzzles, there's some Plaza tickets I'm missing but unless it's for the land conquering game I don't give a poo poo. I've basically done everything for the rest of them and what I'm missing is way too poopsocky for me to actually get done.

What happens when you reach 10 million in that game? Just everyone you fight is the same, forever? I'm at 6.3mil now and it's the home stretch. As for the others... it pisses me off that I have to get to the final floor for the hat in the mansion, but that'll come.... eventually. Also the last ten goddamn flower breeds.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

they need to do this for the actual 3DS so that full resolution SNES games can be played

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

Fellatio del Toro posted:

That works great if you have the hands of a small child or like a teenage girl but once you get older you'll find that you can't comfortably grip with your palms because your thumb extends up too far to comfortably press all the buttons, and also that clenching a toy literally designed for child hands and Japanese teenagers with your palm for hours actually doesn't feel great. So instead you rest the back of the controller against your ring/index finger and the bottom against your pinkies which is great because not only do you not have to try and grip down on it but it naturally doesn't move when you press the face or shoulders buttons and you can hit all of them at once without adjusting your grip. It's a really cool + comfortable + functional + natural way to hold basically any horizontally oriented handheld ever, if you are an adult male, or Lana Kane.

isn't that the regular way to hold it?

either this will reaffirm a point or everyone will think I'm a retard for holding it like this

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

enojy posted:

You have like the nicest fuckin' hand. I'm jealous if both hands are that nice looking

Ahah, thank you friend. Both are hand-y hands, yes.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

forbidden lesbian posted:

When I was younger I thought that circle formed by the headmane thing and the neck was his eye, couldn't unsee it for years

Whoa... if you remove the actual beak, I can definitely see that

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

Awesome! posted:

i thought we destroyed that thread....

Oh, it's very much alive. In the CCCC, in BYOB.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

DoctorWhat posted:

the 3DS doesn't fare the best when it comes to fonts (looking at you, MonHun, 3U in particular)

they're trying to do antialiasing but the resolution is still incredibly small :(

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

techknight posted:

And done!

... I lost a lot of lives in the later special worlds O_O

but did you do 8-Crown yet?

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014
what the hell is wrong with my eyes? when I do manage to get the 3D illusion working, it's actually all backwards -- background elements are in "front" in 3D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014
Oh, sorry, I should have specified. I was talking about the youtube video posted earlier; the 3DS works just fine for me. I think I'm crossing my eyes the wrong way, and I just can't do it properly.