Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Is it possible for carts to go bad? My puzzle and dragons cart used to be fine last time I played it, years ago, now it crashes constantly. As far as I can tell no other 3ds game of mine does this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

christ i have a gold-plated original DS stylus a friend got me as a present somewhere at my dads

christ

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

3ds already has a case it's called the outside
OG Gba I got a case for but anything that folds just goes straight in my bag

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Heath posted:

I'm just saying I expect to see some kind of second screen functionality in the Switch 2, not as a baseline gameplay feature à la the Wii U but as a nice additional function, like being able to play BotW with a minimap on a switch style controller but you could also play it portably anywhere without that feature, that is, not integral to the gameplay, but a feature which enhances it.

So kind of a GC-GBA thing then

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Heath posted:

Yeah but it works and is all one unit

Did people have problems with the Gba cable not working?? Mine was always fine

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Saoshyant posted:

Reputable brand SD, 32 GB is probably enough. If you get a bigger one you need to use a special tool to format it to FAT32.

Is right-click, Format on Windows insufficient?

I ask bc I've got another situation where I need old hardware to read a large FAT32 filesystem and haven't gotten it to work yet lol

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

What's the best game for 3DS and why is it Hello Kitty's Magic Apron

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Did you guys hear about Red Viper?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

What's the benefit of dumping your ds carts? Is it just to preserve your personal save files?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Yeah, my puzzle and dragons cart did a similar thing. Do any hobbyists want dead carts for anything? I can't in good conscious sell or donate it to a store