Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I've picked up street passes from cars going the other way on the freeway and I've not been able to pick up street passes from 3dses literally sitting on top of my 3ds so the real answer to the question "How far away can I be and still pick up street passes?" is "Maybe."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Chill Penguin posted:

lmao

I can never understand the appeal of these "life RPGs" - stuff like Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing, etc. - why not just do all of that stuff in real life and enrich your actual existence? I get stuff like The Sims, or even job-specific simulators, since there is an element of power fantasy and wish-fulfillment there. But when it comes to gameplay like doing chores, paying your mortgage, earning income, forming relationships, etc. it just seems like such a waste of time & energy to me.

Not judging anyone, just intrigued by the psychology of all this.

I'll round out the responses to this silliness by pointing out that video games themselves actually enrich my actual existence.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I like people from cultures where fake bands like Gorillaz and Daft Punk are celebrated but making the voice synthesized is like some kind of last straw.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I kinda want Nintendo to push Stern McStoneface as the new personality of Nintendo and force him to do all of this fun stuff like Nintendo Directs and cartoony poo poo and the whole time he's like "no, I'm not that kind of CEO..." and meanwhile his muppet looks like Sam the Eagle.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Real boobs are fine but that simulated boobaloid stuff is just DISGUSTING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Trifork Gyros!

B0HX9JTD3HN78L1G
B0HHCFQH5LDTDTG1
B0HGJ1DM22D24B6J

mutata fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Oct 14, 2015