Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

axeil posted:

So anyone have any idea if there's anywhere that actually has the New 3DS in stock? I've checked Amazon, Gamestop, Target, Best Buy and Wal-Mart and nobody has it online or in stores around her.

If you are going by websites see if stores have stock I wouldn't trust them. My closest Wal-Mart said they were out but when I went to the actual store they had four. Call or if you live in a place where everything is relatively close to each other just do a sweep through all the usual places that carry systems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Annath posted:

Uh, I got the XL for $170 new after tax, and the non special edition new New 3DS was $200 before tax so...

For me the improvements to the 3D and speakers plus the addition of the nub thingie is worth the $30 but each their own. It's your money to spend how you see fit.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Bombadilillo posted:

So does the data transfer copy my SD card, or just do the nid? Not that copy and pasting is hard. Just want to know.

Sorry for the double post but phone posting. It copies everything. After transferring your new 3DS will look just like your old down to the theme and icon placement.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

flyboi posted:

I hope Reggie lets me buy games from countries other than mine because publishers refuse to bring the game over but hey can't win them all. Region lockout is literally hitler.

Since Hitler had no problem going to other regions offering what he was selling to people if they wanted it or not I have to disagree with you.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Tormented posted:

I just bought the new 3ds. This is my first portable system since my PSP days. I'm debating that I should have gotten a Vita instead but I think I know all of one person with it. Anything I should know and what games are good to grab for someone looking for a deep gaming experience?

You don't want a Vita unless you love love love anime or have a PS4 to remote play. I have a Vita and hate anime so its only use is a portable GTA5 murder simulator. The 3DS is the right choice. The OP has some excellent choices but is still being updated but the last few pages here has everyone's submissions for their choices to be added to the OP. Red N3DS for Lyfe.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

hopeandjoy posted:

...Am I the only person whose fingers never touch the bottom of the 3DS while playing? I keep my thumb on the control stick/face buttons, my index fingers on the shoulder buttons and the rest of my hands around the middle of the 3DS. Like, how do you even accidentally touch the power button?

I was wondering this too and also the inadvertent popping out of the cart. But I guess it's a big enough issue for some people that they even made an accessory to help combat it.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

zenintrude posted:

So when are these things getting restocked?

Sold my MM3DS locally, but no one even has the regular editions in stock.

Probably this week. Ask your local stores when their electronics shipments usually come in. Best Buy might be on Friday since that is when they are dropping their exclusive Amiibo on the unwashed masses.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

corn in the bible posted:

i think we all know you'd do it for the price of a few sticks of jerky

Whoa whoa whoa, no one mentioned we would get jerky for driving all over town looking for a 3DS. Sign me up.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

io_burn posted:

Wait so is it jerky and $5, or $5 with the alternative choice of a piece of jerky valued at or above $5?

It's in your contract, dude. Didn't you read it?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Vinlaen posted:

Are most people still comfortable using max 3D on the 3DS homescreens with the New 3DS? I'm finding that max 3D isn't comfortable, but about 35% is perfect and the super-stable 3D is impressive.

I just want to know if I'm defective.

Thanks.

I use anywhere from 25% to 75% with just above 50% the norm.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

goferchan posted:

it's worth calling or going in person to find one, the local target said they were sold out online but they had 7 of them on display in the store

Wal-Mart said they were out of stock in my area but when I went there they had 4 in stock. Scored one of the sweet red ones.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Faceplates will be available on the New 3DSi XL

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

DoctorWhat posted:

so why make the small one?

Everywhere else but 'merica don't like fat things.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

noirstronaut posted:

Things every 3DS owner should know:

HORI accessories. Always.
Just follow the prompts with system transferring. Have a question? gently caress you, follow the prompts.
Turn off auto-brightness if your screen is too dark.
The new 3DS speakers are louder.
Yes, you want the new 3DS.
Practice screwing.
Suck a dick you dumb human being.
The going rate for someone to drive all over town to find you a N3DS is $5. Slim Jim optional.

Forgot one.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Ciaphas posted:

Also worth mentioning that Monster Hunter, in addition to guns and lances, has a lance that is also a gun. This makes it a Good Game all on its own!

(ed)

I'll take that up at some point, thanks. Transferring data between microSD cards just takes a reader, a PC and time, right, no fancy shenanigans on the N3DS?

Yeah, I did it last night. The most time consuming thing was figuring out the card reader on my laptop was moving the read lock in the adaptor down making the card write protected. Other than that expect a 15 minute job.

I was even able to remove the 3DS cover without a video or posting incessantly on an internet forum asking how to do it. This has to be the most overblown goon thing I have ever witnessed.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Flint_Paper posted:

I am an idiot.

I won a copy of Monster hunter 4 through Twitter.

The last Nintendo handheld I owned was a GBA SP. I don't have a 3DS.

Rather than selling the game/giving it to friends, I have bought a New 3DS XL. It arrives next week.

I am an idiot.

You'll feel that way until you bask in that warm embrace of 3D gaming. It's like a hug from grandma.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I decided to see what all the craze is about. I've never played a Pokémon game and barely even know what kind of games they are. I think you collect them, whatever they are, and have no clue what they do when you do. What would be a good first Pokémon game for me?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Martytoof posted:

I'm not sure where to click. I don't see anything related to 3D :(

Maybe i'm just looking at the wrong videos.

Don't use the app. You have to use the browser.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

strap on revenge posted:

i know this was a couple of days ago but the DStwo doesn't run some SNES games well at all. Earthbound and All-Stars are good but I know Yoshi's Island and SMRPG run like poo poo for example

That sounds like a marketing decision.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

With one person experiencing that it must be an epidemic.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Red Robin Hood posted:

Isn't there some rule about keeping the anime poo poo in the Vita thread? Or is it keep the anime poo poo in the 3DS thread? God dammit...

When is Microsoft going to release a handheld so I can own a portable console that isn't dominated by this stuff?!
:negative:

code:
How to Set Up an Online Repair:
Complete the suggested troubleshooting steps that apply to your system and issue.
Agree to Nintendo's Online Repair Terms and Conditions.
Create or log in to your repair profile so we can securely communicate with you about your repair.
Enter your serial number to verify your system's warranty status.
Add the repair and shipping details, and any billing information.
Click "Complete" to confirm the repair order. An e-mail with complete repair instructions will arrive shortly.
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8261

I started playing my 3DS again to get away from this poo poo. It's following me.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Turtlicious posted:

You guys are so loving dumb, I'm going to break kayfabe just this once because how can you so resoundly fall for that one?

There isn't even any glue lol.

What's a kayfabe?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Waltzing Along posted:

It's a wrestling term. Basically means break character.

Ahhhhhhhh, thanks

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The Angry Bum posted:

I'm looking to get a New3DS by the end of the summer. It'll be my first (not borrowed) Nintendo handheld system since the Game Boy Pocket. With Club Nintendo shutting down in days, I have enough coins left to get a 3DS original Game Boy (Already picked Super Mario Land) title. Can I redeem and get the game now and be allowed to wait until I finally purchase a system, or do I need to actually have a registered device?

You'll get a code now that has to be registered by July 31 so you have until then to get a system.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I am a dumb gamer who gets excited for poo poo I've never played before because others get excited over it. I've never played a Fire Emblem game before even I used to own the last game. SRPGs are usually not my thing. I'm a Final Fantasy fan but did not like FFT. I did like that Valkyria game on PSP which goons go crazy for. So I guess my question is FE more like FFT or closer to Valkyria Chronicles?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Thanks for the advice, guys. I forgot about demos since I'm mainly a PS player and Sony hates demos. I'll try the Awakening demo. Thanks!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Shwqa posted:

Hot drat! Gamestop let me return a barely used copy of smash bros that I bought months ago. I didn't even know they could do that, but they are desperately trying to get people to fill surveys. I just mentioned I bought it from gamestop and didn't really care for it when they asked if it was my game.

Long story short I got final fantasy explorers for $2.17.

Also I snagged a mew card if anyone wants that. Just leave an email and I'll email you the code.

I'll take it, please.

jabro fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Feb 13, 2016

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The Lobster posted:

Our raises are based on those surveys. I don't wanna work for minimum wage forever! My manager says about .3% of people do them. Please do them.

Let me bring games back for full price and not trade-in value and I'll do surveys every time I visit the store.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Shwqa posted:

I sent it off to you.

Got it. Thanks!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

My kid at 3 had no problem with 3D Land. All she did was run around in circles and jump on stuff but she had a blast doing it.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Harlock posted:

I've been consumed by Picross now that I've tasted it for the first time

Me too. I'll got the Zelda one and after solving all the puzzles I'm now going through the Pokemon one plus downloaded picross on my phone. So addicting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

glassyalabolas posted:

DQ VII is on track for early delivery tomorrow. :dance:

I was about to ask if the 3d picross game is worth $30 but if DQ is coming out tomorrow nevermind.