Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides
How close do you have to physically be to another 3DS to pick up a StreetPass?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

Man I spent like $200 on games after i got this thing and all I've done for the last 2 days is play Rusty's Real Deal Baseball what is wrong with me

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

Who are you going to defy?

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

What's all this nonsense about Wii Mini exploit and being able to generate infinite Coins?

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I set my output to 480p and still got the same error so I gave up.

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

Haha whoa

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

flyboi posted:

Please be sure to practice screwing and buy some latex gloves before hand.

do you ever get tired of making this joke every 2 pages

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

IRSmurf posted:

The deals on the ClubNintendoTrade subreddit are real. I picked up Super Mario 3D Land, New Super Mario Bros. 2, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D for $20 and then paid another $9 for Starfox 64 3D.

It takes all of 5 minutes to generate the codes for those games using the exploit so I'm not sure why anyone would pay some dumbass redditor for them.

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

Fryhtaning posted:

I thought they were banning accounts that were clearly exploiting the codes?

You can just run the exploit on a throwaway account, then redeem and sell the codes to legit accounts. That's what that entire subreddit is.

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

Shovel Knight theme is the best theme c/d

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

Why do all those goofy scam emails have weird extra spaces in between words?

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I bought ALBW from Amazon 3 or 4 days before the N3DSXL release, and I got the coins card in the case.

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

Are any of the StreetPass games worth buying?

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

Can you really not use Miis that are already in your plaza when you buy the StreetPass games?

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

goferchan posted:

Is it? I can find it online for $40. Would love to sell my copy at a profit! I just couldn't get into it

I bought a copy new at Fred Meyer last week and they had 10 on the shelf for $30 so I doubt there's much demand.

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

What stores will price match Frys?

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

There's not a Frys anywhere near me and both target and walmart's website don't include Frys as a retailer that they will price match. Just don't want to waste my time driving around just to get shut down :(

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

Awesome! posted:

why do nerds looking for videogames forget phones exist

Because why spend 15 minutes on hold and risk talking to OMG A PERSON when I can just ask other internet nerds. sadydf

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

And if you are left handed? Just take it in the rear end?

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I have Kid Icarus but haven't played it yet and am left handed that's why I asked ok god I guess I have to practice posting more

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

I dunno, two hours? Something like that? Why doesn't the load game screen have a timer on it.

You are basically just starting the game, stick with it. It's real good.

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

I'd stay away from 1... They do not hold up at all

Boy howdy is this a bad opinion

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

Wamdoodle posted:

Kinda related, but JLab Audio is doing a $5 grab bag. A chance to get some decent sounding headphones or their Bluetooth speaker for $5. With shipping a bag come out to $7.50. Posting since headphones and portable systems go together like peanut butter and jelly.

http://www.jlabaudio.com

The mp3 player I got from one of those grab bags was DOA :(

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

Supercar Gautier posted:

I do not think I am going to buy the game, based on my experiences in the demo.

Me as well.

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

In a non-glue related post, every Fred Meyer near here is sold out of Smash and OR/AS and neither Target or Walmart will price match.

Sucks to suck.

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

eightysixed posted:

e: ^^^ again, im still voting SpillPassPi. I can't finish a set of the minigames without hitting 10 again while I'm playing. Immediately.

I'm still voting for Mario Golf :colbert:

I looked up SpillPassPi and it looked like an expensive crap load of work, is that wrong?

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

eightysixed posted:

Well I was assuming most of us had a Pi by now.

Maybe I'm just out of the loop but that seems like a really bizarre assumption. Anyway I guess I will buy one and give it a shot.

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

Does that keep going indefinitely?

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

precision posted:

Several pages late but since Fred Meyer is still doing the sale on Smash and Pokemon, in my experience Wal-Mart will price match anything if you're stubborn but nice and you show them a real ad. Also you can try checking out in Electronics (where they often just don't give a poo poo and are less stressed) and if it doesn't work take it up front and try there. And if you go in the middle of the night (after 11 PM) it can be really easy.

My experience with trying to price match those games:

* Most employees will either lie or are too stupid to know how much stock they have
* Pretty sure I spent more money on gas driving around trying to find a store that would price match and had copies
* I would rather pay full price next time than go into a Walmart again.

YMMV.

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

You can't back up save data from a physical cart to the 3DS itself without owning a digital version of the game, right?

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

noirstronaut posted:

Kinda. You can buy this and backup to your computer and then restore whenever you want. Some games don't work (I think Pokemon and Animal Crossing?) http://r4i-sdhc.com/savedongle.asp

How... how do you buy it

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

Anatharon posted:

I won't be able to watch the Nintendo Direct for a few days, what were the highlights of it?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3518750&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=270#post443530631

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

How are you supposed to play Uprising as a lefty

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I played one chapter and my left hand is loving killing me :(

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

Does this mean there's a possibility of Hearthstone being playable on 3DS

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

Am I missing something about this game, I'm only missing a few star coins or whatever here and there, and I only have 252.

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

The cradle for the New XL was only on sale for like half an afternoon.

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I used a regular size philips screwdriver without any problems fwiw

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

precision posted:

Pokemon Shuffle and now Rumble World? Nintendo really wants to prevent me from finishing games I actually paid money for, huh? :\

Rumble World is fun for about an hour, it just doesn't have the weird addiction factor that Shuffle has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

It's been 3 weeks and I still have analysis paralysis over whether to choose Mario Kart 7 or Mario Golf for my platinum reward. :(