Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Mr Snips posted:

Will I need a new charger when I buy a New 3DS XL or will my old 3DS XL one still work?

It's the same charger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

5er posted:

Son of a bitch. System transfer ate my loving puzzle pieces. It was the only goddamn thing I went into that stupid app for.

Did you remember to copy the data from one SD card to the other? Because puzzle piece/mii plaza data doesn't transfer when you do the regular system transfer. I forgot that when I did it a year or two ago from my OG to XL.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Fremry posted:

I'm planning on upgrading in the next couple months. How do you get the purchases to go over when doing a copy/paste?

Just read up on how to do the system transfer. You need to do the system transfer app, and follow it's instructions. It'll tell you to move the SD card at the end, in which time you can either just move the SD card to the new system, or in the case of an older 3DS/2DS to a N3DS, you copy all the data to your computer, then copy it back onto the micro sd instead.

Same process as upgrading your SD card, which I had done.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

spasticColon posted:

I'm about to break down and buy a NN3DSXL because the circle pad and left shoulder button on my current XL are loose and wiggly. But I own most of my games physically and I only get games digitally that are exclusively digital so do I need to invest in a larger micro SD card that the 4GB card the comes with it? I still have the original 4GB SD card in my current XL and I'm not even close to filling it up yet.

Well just because the card is smaller in stature doesn't mean it's 4GB card holds less than the 4GB SD card.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

enojy posted:

Thanks. I ordered a sticker for my little kid video game (Game Boy) with my big boy credit card. Here's a link to the cool Triforce/Zelda one based off of N3DS faceplate #55, since it was sort of a bitch to find via google. Use coupon code CABINFEVER until Feb. 27th to get 20% off.

I was curious how it turns out before I jump in, you'll have to take pictures. While $2 off would be nice, I can wait and spend the extra cash if it looks awesome, or be happy that I saved $20 if it doesn't turn out as pictured. Here's hoping it's awesome.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Did Nintendo kill the eShop games giving coins? I tried the demo that apparently gives 15 coins, and have yet to get any survey 3 weeks later. :(

I already did Bank/Steel Diver as well, and I'm 10 bloody coins from Platinum!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

greatn posted:

Just buy literally anything from before 2015 and you'll get ten coins. There's plenty of decently good games under $5 on both systems. Mighty Switch Force, Rush, Toki Tori, Tappingo, take your pick.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yup, they did. Pokemon Bank is the only remaining free thing that gives coins.

I should have been more clear I guess. I figured they killed the free game stuff, but I was more curious if I could just buy a cheap older game off the eShop and still get the 10 coins from an eShop purchase, which it appears most people are saying works.

I'll probably just finally pick up Crashmo, since I never ended up picking it up.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Fuzz posted:

The only regret will be the inevitable MH5 that comes out in like 2 years and is New 3DS only or something, and you will be poo poo outta luck.

Or, you know, they come out with some other amazing rear end game that's only for the New one, like a new Starfox or something.

The n3DS will go the way of the DSi soon anyway. Nintendo is going to announce the NX or whatever as a new handheld that supports cross platform play and all of us that bought the n3DS will feel like dopes like I did when I bought a DSi XL and had the 3DS come out within a year. t:saddowns:t

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
So I got my DecalGirl Zelda skin that Enjoy posted before. I did end up putting on all the stickers, even the ones that go on the hinge, specifically because my Link Between Worlds 3DS XL had a shitton of scratches where the hinge would rub against the inside of the bottom.

I have to say, I was worried about it being a bitch with bubbles like the screen protectors always are, but I actually had almost no issue putting the thing on! Any bubbles I had were very easy to get out and re-applying wasn't that big of a deal.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Sire Oblivion posted:

You got it in game, it didn't come with the game. You had to talk to the cat in your house and access the DLC menu.

Specifically, for Monster Hunters gift DLC you needed to go into the eShop and download the patch specifically to get it. THEN you went and talked to your cat in your house and it would show up as a gift.

It wasn't given out as a code or anything else, and may not be on the eShop anymore. Worth it to check at least though, it had a bunch of Max Potions, and Lifepowders which are amazing to have early game online.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I decided to make a soft case/sleeve for my New 3DS. I recycled an old canvas pack for the outer material, and modeled it after a kindle sleeve I got off Etsy some years back. I wish I'd made it a quarter inch or so larger in both dimensions, and my stitching is far from perfect, but I'm pretty pleased.

That looks real nice. I kind of want to get a case of some sort for my 3DS so it doesn't get hosed up, but then it may not fit in my Jnco's

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

elf help book posted:

I thought foreigners could get it by streetpassing someone who has it anyway.

That was the Swapnote stuff, you could get different stationary sent from people who had it sent from Japan, and then you could use it.

Also with Animal Crossing, if you street passed someone who had the exclusive JP Only furniture, you could acquire it that way.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Does it feel good to cheat the system? I bet those aren't even real people on your precious "homepass" ? Streetpass was made with the idea that people could come together and share a common bond of video games and hats and this poo poo is pissing me off more and more, the more I read about these fake steetpasses.

You don't NEED homepass to fill out your puzzles. I just recently finished all of the puzzles on my 3DS and have never used a homepass system. I don't regularly street pass anyone around here, but I got to the mall randomly for lunch from work and get some street passes from the relay there.

Most of the other pieces are from conventions like PAX East.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Anyone hear anythign about WEAPON SHOP de OMASSE?

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/Dv-FQewp6_NmAUINbgSH2F6m7WoYw3yk

it's down to sub $3 and I was looking into something to spend the $5.01 that I have apparently had sitting in my eShop cash for a while.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

absolutely anything posted:

I like it the most out of the Guild games but it's kinda simple and repetitive.

Aww, I was looking for something semi-recettear lite like. Sound like it's nowhere near that. :( Thanks for saving me some money then!

Gotta look some more for something to dump $5 on. Already own Steamworld Dig on 3DS, and like 2 other places too, and Shovel Knight. =\

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

absolutely anything posted:

Yeah there's zero economy aspect to it, it's nothing like Recettear. It's more a weird rhythm game than anything.

Yeah, even a simple economy looks like it was hinted at. :( That's super disappointing.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Boxboy and Crashmo are both under $5, as are all the other Guild games, 3D Sonic and 3D Outrun, Mighty Switch Force 1 & 2...

NES Metroid & Punch-Out are $2.49 each right now, so you could buy both of those.

Never heard of Boxboy, I haven't finished Pushmo, so I was staying away from Crashmo. The other guild games didn't really sway me like Weapon Shop, old school Sonic/Outrun I'm on the fence on ( I played the crap out of both as a kid and I don't have rose tinted goggles ), I own Mighty Switch Force 1 and barely play it.

Nes Metroid and Punch-out....

I REALLY love Punch-Out, but I have Metroid Zero Mission on GBA that I still haven't finished.

I likely will grab Punch-Out, or look into this "Boxboy" you speak of. ;)

Thank you for the effort in giving recommendations though. I know I didn't give much to go on, and that's kind of big. I may just pony up another 4.98 for Shantae.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Sakurazuka posted:

You can't play HMH on the lovely 360 d-pad.

I played the poo poo out of HMH on my PSP, and again on Steam, guess which version I still boot up, spoiler, there are no P's in it.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Junkie Disease posted:

Accurate. Great game.

Only crime SWH made is giving
"Steam powered Giraffe"any loving money, their music isn't "bad" its uh...
Hey you know what?
This is the giving season.
https://youtu.be/ojYK6CW8gdw
Have a pox on your eyes

So by isn't *bad* you just mean it's good? Thanks for the link :D

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

CoolCat posted:

Just bought my third 3DS... do I own the board record or has some fool bought more than me? (fotrthe record, I only have one at a time, I always end up selling).

Definitely not. I own 3 myself, and that isn't past tense, I still own all 3. Original Zelda 3DS, Zelda Link Between Worlds XL, and a n3DS XL that I got a decal to put on it.

I've heard of people selling/buying new ones for new CE's within months of each other as well.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Brick Shipment posted:

I've always wanted a micro. They just look so cool.

Lol no ofc I've never had one.

My hands are tiny lady hands so the size issue isn't too much of a problem for me, but I do wish, against the very concept of a small portable device, that handhelds would get thicker. After a few hours, even I start to feel the strain.

I really regret not buying one with store credit at the retro game shop that I could have. I took 1/2 cash option instead and probably bought something dumb instead. :sigh:

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Silver Falcon posted:

What's the standard difficulty in Fates? In Awakening it was Hard, and Normal was easy mode in a funny hat.

Normal in almost every game is the "Do you know how to play a game? Ok, then you can breeze through this with only minimal trouble" mode.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

voltcatfish posted:

For some reason, the Donkey Kong Country games were made easier in Japan. More DK Barrels everywhere.

The original release of Devil May Cry 3 had the American Normal == Japanese Hard.

Regardless, with most games today ( I wasn't referring to these outliers actually ) if you are confident in your ability in the genre of the game, you should be able to clear the game on hard and get more out of it than playing on Normal.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The special edition is sold out in 99% of cases so if you like Awakening style with grinding and easier gameplay, get Birthright. If you want it without grinding and more linear and difficult style, get Conquest. If you can't make your mind up, choose your favourite anime character on the box I suppose.

Once you've finished one, buy the other as DLC when prompted and you will be able to get the third campaign in early March. The purchase new path/DLC is an option on the main menu too unless you own all three paths, which removes it.

You also get another 3 save slots per path owned, up to a total of 9.

I'm actually really curious why the revelations DLC is not out until March, yet if you buy the ( extremely limited it seems? ) special edition then you have it immediately. Why not just have it up? Why bother with a delay?

I would love to grab the special edition, but I would get it for retail only. I'm fine with just having the game digitally instead if the physical cart isn't made more widely available.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

theshim posted:

Just beat A Link Between Worlds (verdict: eh, okay). Need something to tide me over until Fates comes out, any recommendations?

Shovel Knight! Steamworld Heist/Dig!

Otherwise, I decided to work on finishing my Pokedex while I wait. It's only 8 days out, so it's not that long.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Shwqa posted:

Ummm there is a significant chance it will be in english. Monster hunter 4u was one of the best selling games for 3ds. It sold over one million copies on the english market. That is a lot of money to just ignore.

Actually, just about every game in the Monster Hunter line that has come out internationally has been the "G" version. The re-release of the game with bonus monsters and a G rank. In all likely-hood we would be more likely to get Monster Hunter X-G when it inevitably hits.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Monkey Fracas posted:

orrrrrrr just let Donnell become the Bumpkin God of Death he was destined to be
Donnel died in my play through of Awakening. Didn't know he was good until I was done the game.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

gmq posted:

I'm guess today is the worst possible day to do a system update and buy a game through the eshop?

It's telling me "An error has ocurred. Unable to update." :negative:

Don't know about the update, but I just bought FE:B with 0 issues 2 hours ago. Looks like you're just having bad luck. :( It's not like this is the release of Smash or something.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Why didn't Piccolo learn kaioken?

He was even on King Kai's planet for quite some time with Yamcha, Tien and Chaotzu, yet none of them learned the Kaioken technique? You can use it in Xenoverse with any non-Saiyan character so it really is odd.

I was disappointed with the new extreme Butoden game as it seems like every character is pretty much the same. All of them seem to have 2-3 combos for supers, with little depth. Maybe I'm just not 'getting it' but there should be some kind of trading in game or in a manual going over the system if there is more to it.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

codenameFANGIO posted:

Does the Mega Man collection put the games in 3D? I am supposing not but it would be pretty cool if it did.

From the reviews I read, the 3D was only in the menus if I recall. It is not a remade 3D classics like Kid Icarus got.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

8-bit Miniboss posted:

:wtc:

It's almost 500 dollars. :psyduck:

That is about the same as the giant bean bag chairs they sell in malls are: http://www.lovesac.com/

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

mandatory lesbian posted:

Hey you know those Game cases which can hold like 20 different game cards, is there like a best one of those or are they all pretty much the same quality wise?

I believe most people straight up recommend the Hori one over all else.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I grabbed the humble bundle, and apparently I can only get Citizens of Earf on one platform. I happen to own both a Wii U and 3DS, but is there any reason to use one over the other? Does either one run significantly better, have more features, etc.?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Lord Lambeth posted:

The 3DS version... does not look great. It looks like they just scaled everything down, it doesn't look as fun and vibrant as the Wii U version. Also there isn't really a 3D effect if you turn the 3D slider up, which is pretty disappointing. I've heard that the Wii U version has long load times but I can't imagine they would be better on the 3DS, but I haven't actually gotten that far.

Thanks, I'll just get it for the Wii U instead, but it looks like it will be low on my list regardless.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

PantsBandit posted:

I played a decent amount of Shantae before bed last night and it owns! I love the art, the writing is actually pretty clever, it's just been really entertaining in general so far. Looking forward to playing some more.

Seriously, the best game in that humble bundle and you can get it with others for $1

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Armacham posted:

Yeah I love Picross. The free Pokemon one on the eShop is okay, but limited since it relies on microtransactions.
God drat, this just reminded me I still have the my.nintendo Zelda reward Picross to play!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

SylvainMustach posted:

I may have missed this in the OP, but do any stores to system transfers for you/do you need both systems handy for a system transfer?
I think I'm gonna bring my 3DS down to Gamestop and use the credit for it to move up to the New 3DS.

Also, I'm so drat excited for the new Kirby. Triple Deluxe become one of my all time favorite kirby games and it looks like the new one's gonna follow in its path.

MIleage may vary, but the store won't likely do it for you, they may however let you do it while you're in store. Make sure to move everything you want to the SD card though, the WiFi transfer is horribly slow.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Bob A Feet posted:

Never played a Phoenix wright game. Whats it like?

It's pretty much a visual novel, like Dangan Ronpa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

SelenicMartian posted:

Usually, people glue cart holders onto the back of the system.

How god drat old is this reference?