Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Momomo posted:

I'm guessing since Gamestop has trade ins for the old 3DSes, you can't really do a system transfer if you go that route?

I took mine home and did the transfer, took it back to the store and they refunded my original purchase and then did another transaction to apply the discount for the trade-in. You have to bring back in both consoles.

You will want to call ahead and make sure they will do this though, too much :effort: for some employees. Got told no first until I asked them to check with a manager.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Feb 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Haquer posted:

No clue, but the MMn3DS looks loving awful, don't buy it

Agreed, the Monhun N3DS on the other hand is probably the best looking limited edition I've ever owned.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Red Robin Hood posted:

I was feeling great because I walked into GameStop two weeks ago and had them do the online purchase of the MH4 edition, and then I got lucky enough Monday morning to buy the Majora's Mask Limited Special Edition from GameStop online. And looking at these prices for the LEs I decided to just buy a black one and sell the others so I walked into ToysRUs and grabbed one.

Guess I'm lucky :shrug:

How DARE you flip something for profit! Suffer the wrath of goons :argh:

I sold my MM LE as well, giving me a free Monhun N3DS

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Tried out the new pokemans swap 3 game, I'm never going to put money into it but it's a fun time waster.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Strange Quark posted:

I hate that I like it much more than Trozei.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, this is all I've been thinking about... If I could do it over I would have not bought Trozei and put money into Shuffle.

Just captured Mew a little while ago!

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

When I was setting up my N3DS I was also getting the error when it was trying to setup 3D and I don't wear glasses. I just skipped it and the 3D tracking still works perfectly.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

precision posted:

A $5 eShop game called Excave came out yesterday. It's basically an action roguelike, surprisingly good looking/fun.

e: Well, the one review I found makes it sound a lot less fun. In my defense I haven't played it much so if it's super boring I hadn't noticed yet. drat. :\

When you get a chance to play it more I would be interested in hearing what you think of the game and if it's worth buying. I watched a few minutes of game play on youtube though and it looks like maybe I should just finish my 40-60 hours left of Fantasy Life instead.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Turtlicious posted:

Can someone link one of those grips from before on Amazon? I just got a $75 gift card for my b-day.

This is the only grip I've found that I think works for the N3DS: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-3DS-LL-...=item1e99de8d9a

It just looks kind of odd in the pictures and I don't want to spend that much on something I might not like. I'm getting desperate, the circle pad pro on the regular XL was perfect as a grip.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

noirstronaut posted:

Stemming from this, what's a really good RPG that I can easily sink my teeth into and waste hours on?

Radiant Historia for DS, was the best RPG I played in years before I played Xenoblade.

There's also Fantasy Life, 100+ hour game if you want to do most things...grindy but in a good way.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Feb 23, 2015

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Finally hit a roadblock in Pokemon Shuffle at stage 120, my Monster Hunter New 3DS XL Pokemon Shuffle player is pretty sweet.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Pokemon Shuffle protip: When you unlock stage 130 it's the perfect stage to level up pokemon. 50 turns, if you use pokemon that are weak or normal on that stage you can get a ton of experience.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Dimix posted:

Any grips made their way to US stores yet? I don't mind paying extra for a Japanese one, I just don't want to wait around for it to get here.

Monster hunter is destroying my hands.

I refuse to play Monhun until I get a grip. I bought this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201293888933?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It's not scheduled to arrive until March 18-April 2, I'll give impressions when it finally comes in.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 4, 2015

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

I hope the 4DS is the size of the Wii U gamepad and still ergonomic with 2 screens.

KennyMan666 posted:

Also I think I've hit a wall in Pokémon Shuffle, and that wall is Mega Gengar. Maybe I'll have to go back and grind up my Pokémons.

Yep... I don't feel like any amount of leveling is going to make a huge difference. It feels like it might be near impossible without spending 9k gold on removing a pokemon. I guess I'm going to blow my gold and try it.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Got my N3DSXL Cyber grip in the mail today, took 17 days to get here from Japan. It's not as comfy as the circle pad pro was on the regular 3DSXL, but it will do.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Just sold the Zelda Codename Steam pre-order bonus on ebay for $22...when I trade the game in after I beat it I basically got it for free :woop:

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Codename STEAM is great, haters gonna hate. It's like that Valkyrie Chronicles game except without the dumb anime stuff.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

McCracAttack posted:

Can anyone recommend a 3rd party grip for the "New" 3DS XL? Or maybe send me back a few pages if it's already come up? Me and my big ol' gorilla hands thank you in advance.

Edit: Looks like the Cyber Grip got recommended several pages back. Still the best option? Can't seem to find a source on it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cyber-Gadge...=item2edec12942

That is the one I ordered, took 17 days to arrive. I stopped looking for other options, but as of 17 days ago it was the only thing that existed. I was getting cramps just playing Pokemon Shuffle, after using the grip more I say it's definitely worth it, no more cramps.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Mar 17, 2015

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

I wish I enjoyed replaying games, Xenoblade was great. First time I ever stopped playing a game just to listen to the music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BvWPzAg8Ig

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

I managed to avoid putting any money into Pokemon Shuffle, but Rumble got like $7 out of me. I'm kind of pissed though, I thought I was buying enough diamonds to unlock all the balloons and then when I got to level 20 there were a bunch of other balloons that were hidden from the store... Even though this is the most simple game and I got microtransaction screwed it's still better than the Wii U Rumble game.

Edit: Also Fantasy Life is great.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

jivjov posted:

Getting in or jerky chat...I miss that other goon-made jerky...dude ran a Kickstarter and everything but I guess ran out of funds? It was so drat good.

Yep, I preferred it over the other seller. That sriracha jerky and a few others were pretty great. His shipping times were terrible though, I stopped ordering because patience is something I don't have when it comes to jerky.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Andrast posted:

If both of the campaigns are actually similar in length to awakening, I won't be complaining at all. I'll just be happy to get twice the Fire Emblem.

Pretty much this. I just finished the GBA Fire Emblem game on the Wii U eshop and I still loves me some Fire Emblem. So if we are getting 2x new Fire Emblem games it sounds like great news to me.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

They are showing LBX: Little Battlers eXperience on Treehouse and it doesn't look bad.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

strap on revenge posted:

if anyone wants a cyber grip for the N3DSXL this guy has them for pretty cheap. ive been watching them forever waiting for them to go down because his price has fluctuated up to $40

navy: http://www.ebay.com/itm/161649315020
black: http://www.ebay.com/itm/151628783904

This grip is great, played Fantasy Life for around 6 hours straight without my left hand falling asleep or any cramps the next day.

Fantasy Life is also great, just hit the 50 hour mark and still not bored with it. A loving shame the next game is a mobile game or whatever.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Play all of the Fire Emblem games with an english release, they are all great... except maybe Shadow Dragon? I haven't played that one yet because everyone shits on it, but once I finish the Gamecube FE I'll probably play that as well.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

So much bad grip advice.

Rubicon posted:

Anyone have experience with the New 3ds and grip addons? I got Walmart to price match Kmart on the New 3ds deal and find the 3ds hurts my hands after extended play times.

My friend tried, this grip, and says it makes the button mushy and weird to hit. He's gonna let me try it out, but what do people prefer here?

http://www.amazon.com/Rubbercoated-Grip-Black-cybergadget-Japan-Import/dp/B00OTEN5V4/ref=pd_sim_sbs_63_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1SD0W4VFC6FZ59W6REVH

That one is fantastic, just make sure it says "New 3DS LL" on it somewhere to make sure you are getting the right one if Amazon sells out and you have to get one from ebay instead.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Aug 18, 2015

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Fix posted:

That Cyber one for the LL is for the XL.

They might have meant the non-"new" XL... I confused myself like 3 times just posting that first link though so who knows.

If that's what they meant, before I had the New 3DS XL and just had the 3DS XL I was using the Circle Pad Pro XL/LL and found that to be very comfortable.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

Or the Bravely Default demo which is better than buying the actual game

Bravely Default and EO4 are the only demo's I've played more than once in the last 15 years or so. It's stupid to have a demo play limit, but at the same time it's rarely ever a big deal.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Played about 3 hours of LBX today, agreeing with the other posters that it doesn't really begin to open up until about 2 hours in. At that point you get most of the customization opened up to mess around with. Since it's not a traditional RPG I'm actually pretty confused by what a lot of the stats mean. What is C.Gage for example....do I want more or less? I looked through the manual and it helped a bit, but not much.

The battles have been pretty easy so far, but the story isn't terrible and I'm enjoying myself.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

AfroGunsou posted:

c. gage is your "chance gage" , its the little hexagonal thing in the upper left corner of the bottom screen next to your life and battery. it goes up as you attack people (& get attacked maybe?? havent paid attention) and it what lets you use "special attack routines". the eXtroller option in the menu has info logs that explain some game mechanics if you havent checked that out.

staying on the topic of lbx, i just got to episode 2 and i feel like i was really missing something in episode 1 because a lot of random people i picked fights with on the street had like huge axes and rifles that did ~170 damage per hit (out of my like 230 HP) and i kept getting curb stomped by them. but i also fought random dudes that were a lot weaker and i could beat them easily. still not sure if i was missing something obvious or if they were just strong dudes i should have avoided til later.

anyway i think the game is okay so far. i like to make the tiny robots punch each other

Yea I tried one of the optional battles with one of the people just standing around, thought it might be something similar to pokemon where you need to fight them in order to keep up in level with how the game progresses. Also got stomped and haven't bothered with them since and haven't had any issues progressing.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

I would play the everliving gently caress out of a Gorillaz anime 3DS rhythm game.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Is it just me or is the Legend of Legacy demo not very fun? Maybe I just didn't understand the elemental system but using it in combat didn't seem to do much.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

The 3D is fantastic, if you think otherwise your eyes are broken or you have bad opinions.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Yea...not feeling Yokai Watch at all, combat seems way too simple and I don't want to play terrible stylus mini-games for 20-40 hours. I'm sure younger kids might eat it up.

Looking forward to trying the Stella Glow demo though.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Finished the Stella Glow demo, pretty mediocre. Nothing really special about the game, however I have absolutely nothing to play right now and I would have probably bought it had it been out now and not in the same week as Fallout 4 and Starwars Battlefront.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Mario 64 was the last time I was actually amazed by the leap in graphics/technology.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Fantasy Life > Rune Factory, sorry someone steered you in the wrong direction.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

I've had $2 sitting on my account for over 6 months, might as well throw it into Badge Arcade. It's pretty cool but I hope this wasn't the unannounced thing they were talking about.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

If anyone notices pre-orders going up for the FE special edition on Gamestop or Amazon please post in the thread.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Did it really go unavailable already or has it not been officially put up yet? It's available for pre-order on Bestbuy, they refunded me $30 for some reason on my FO4 pre-order so I guess I'll get FE through them as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

I'm literally never going to use these badges for anything but they got $2bux out of me and I still do my free tries everyday.