Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

Also, I didn't know Overclocked was a port of Devil Survivor, I thought it was like a sequel or something. Wish I had tried harder to find it. The DS version is still really good and if you can't find Overclocked, the original is good.

Overclocked is regularly (like, twice per month) $15 on sale in the US eShop. You get that hott Midori voice acting action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

Guys guys guys, I'm on the tram on my way to work and the guy next to me is playing 3DS.

It's an OG model though, not a New.

Wait did you accidentally get on a train for casuals?

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Any good grips for the new 3DS XL yet? I had some rubbery piece of poo poo from amazon last time, and I want something more like the Nyko grip for vita.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Preorder Xenoblade Chronicles on Amazon for a whopping $1.50 in savings.

I bought this fuckin n3DS for a reason.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Goddamn it, I want both Story of Season and Etrian Mystery Dungeon, but Xenoblade comes out this week too.

I'm definitely buying Xenoblade, but should I get Seasons of Etrian? I'm conflicted bc I enjoy both farming and Mystery Dungeoning...

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

It's me, I'm the guy who wanted this.

High-five.

It's a bad game, but I still enjoyed it. I love dumb crossover things.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Etrian Mystery Dungeon owns and is doing a fine job distracting me from Xenoblade.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
They did like, zero work on Xenoblade. Really unimpressed by what I've seen so far. The whole package is just a blurry loving mess! I'm talking like, worse than Monster Hunter-blur.

Also, I'm an angry manchild because it crashed on me and I lost an hour of progress. Y'know what I think of your New 3DS exclusive Nintendo!? It doesn't matter bc you already have my money. Sigh.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Return it and get Etrian Mystery Dungeon - The Superior 3DS Game I Purchased This Week™

I'm really bummed out regarding Xenoblade. It seems like emulating it in Dolphin is still The Way To Go, but the dozen or so hours I spent playing the Wii version on my Wii U gamepad was superior to the n3ds version.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004

flyboi posted:

Game just crashed on me and I hadn't saved in a long time. Thanks Xenoblade!

Happened to me as well. Ever loving heard of auto-save, Nintendo?

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004

Tatsuta Age posted:

How dumb am I for wanting this?

http://www.amazon.com/VERSION-Comfort-GRIP-Protection-your-nintendo/dp/B00UJ9LB6Y/

Alternatively, who else wants one of these?

Fair warning, I bought this and it'll work as a case, but it sucks as a grip bc it's just a rubbery piece of poo poo that falls off if you move your hands too much. Would Not Recommend.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Kingdom Hearts 3 is actually a new trilogy of handheld games that you need a Vita, 3DS, and NGAGE to play.

ninja edit- they are all prequels

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
I want to collect all the cute monsters and fight other cute monsters. Bring it on.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
I have it preordered bc it looks neat :)

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Nearly 80% of my amiibo collection are from Japan and I use them on my US consoles. For some reason, the Japanese amiibo are usually cheaper to get from Amazon than the NA/EU versions.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
I was really hoping we'd get more handheld game characters. Let me play as the Wind Fish.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
gently caress me, there's a theme

brb

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Did someone say Curtain Call??

... I miss buying CC DLC :(

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004

epitasis posted:

put Miku in Project X Zone

where the gently caress are Link and Sheik and the rest of the Smash Bros cast

where's SMASH TACTICS.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Oh my god I'm so glad I preordered just to get the amiibo.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Y'all, I miss buying Theaterhythm DLC...

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

by the way, Sega 3D Classics Collection is $21 on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/SEGA-3D-Clas...a2754396b2db6eb

Is it dumb that I wish Phantasy Star and Shining Force were in this thing?

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Hey.

gently caress Mario Maker 3DS.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
I'd say that's the dangers of shopping local, but holy gently caress I swore off preordering anything from Amazon bc they never arrived on time (god help us if it was a Nintendo Friday release game). Customer service was always entirely unhelpful (as in, like, they don't understand how preorders "work"), but I probably got like six months if free Prime bc of it. They botched my DQVIII preorder bad enough that I emailed Bezos and within 2 days a customer service rep emailed me apologizing and gave me a $35 credit.

Anyway, I've been trying to finish off my collection of DS RPGs and no joke, Gamestop has been the best place for me to shop. Unless you're looking for Pokémon or Final Fantasy, it's fairly easy to find what you're looking for around $5-15. I found the XSEED Wizard of Oz RPG and a copy of Hoshigami last week. Now I just need to find that Super Robot Wars DS game. And Luminous Arc.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
I hope they bring those to NA, seems likely. It's probably get both...

Hopefully we get some Switch games out of this Atlus stream.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
The real question is, will we get ANOTHER remake of the first game if Shadows of Valentia sells well.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
I guarantee I will be disappointed for some stupid reason regardless.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
How on earth was the Gold/Silver announcement not "Available now!" Red/Blue came out on 3DS in Feb 2016...

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
No idea what that is, but I'ma throw money at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
On my way to Best Buy to pick up Luigi's Mansion and New SMB 2 for $34 after tax. There's a handful of other first party Nintendo games on sale too, if anyone's been waiting.

Smash 3DS is still $34.99 on sale tho, lol.