Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

I recently picked up a N3DS and I'm loving it. The eye-tracking 3D adjustment is amazing. I've had 3DSs since launch and never had complaints about the 3D effect and kept it at max nearly all of the time; in spite of my high tolerance to the 3D effect, the eye-tracking is a giant improvement that was worth the cost of upgrading the system.

The second control stick, though: is it supposed to be as stiff as a pencil eraser? I don't even know what games I have that would use it, but it seems like the stick doesn't move around at all especially compared to the normal control stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

I've got some data transfer issues.

I bought a new miniSD card for my New3DS as I hit the capacity on my old one. I copied everything to my computer and then copied it to my new card. When I loaded it up only half my stuff was there; after restarting everything was there; now nothing shows up. I started the process over anew but it's not working at all. Does anybody have any advice (please)?

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Man, I loved sharing and seeing goofy doodles from goon friends in swapnote but my favorite part was sharing and receiving 3d pictures of people's pets, or hiking, or art, or whatever. For understandable reasons, this won't come back, but drat...

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Kind of timely on this topic I guess:

I dug up my 3dsxl and when I started it up it's pretending like it came straight from the factory. I haven't turned it on in about 4 years. I'm pretty confident this is my main 3ds as it is the gold triforce one and the most recent/coolest design that I had bought.

Is it possible it just forgets everything?

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Nettle Soup posted:

Did you steal the SD card for another use?

If you mean mixing up my SD cards I don't think so. I'll have to find a card reader to find out, I guess.