Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I'm loving the poo poo out of my New 3DS. I can play in 3d without giving me headaches and actually prefer it most of the time.

Also, Majora's Mask is so loving great. I have been so tired of the standard Zelda formula and never played it before so this feels fantastic. I love how it's sort of a horror game at times. All the characters are great. I couldn't play the ocarina remake for more than 15 mins before being bored but this has me totally engrossed. It's an ace game for an ace system.

Also, Monster Hunter owns. Never played one before but I'm enjoying beating up dinosaurs with a big axe.

Hooray for a good system and good games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

For those of you guys that had to call Nintendo for a manual system transfer (traded my old 2DS in a few months ago and its still regged to my account), how did the process work? I called them Friday afternoon and they said everything was good on their end and it would take around 2 days. So what is the next step here? Now that it's been a few days do I keep trying to register my N3ds to my NNID and eventually it will work? Is there some sort of e-mail they will send? They didn't specify anything and I figured i'd get some sort of support ticket notification after the convo but never got anything. TIA for the help. I should've asked them.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Gao posted:

You should get an email, though you can always call/get in their support chat and double check what's going on if you're worried about how long it's taking.

I actually did call them yesterday for an update. They said everything is good on their end from Friday's call, they are just backed up due to this problem being commonplace right now with the system launch. He did say it should happen anytime since its going on 4 days now. Still no system transfer as of today though which sucks. I'm ready to buy some digital stuff!

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

I am loving the poo poo out of my N3DS. Since I never had the system I always figured Fire Emblem: Awakening was a standard JRPG (of which I'm not into that genre) so I downloaded the demo because everyone says how good it is and wow was I wrong. I picked the full version up today and it's amazing. It's like Advance Wars with a fantasy setting, cool story and deeper strategy. Good poo poo.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Incredulous Dylan posted:

My buddy I hadn't seen in forever got up at 5 am and hit up Target so he could surprise me with one of those Majora's Mask 3DS consoles. It was a month after my birthday, so that's pretty much the best way to surprise the hell out of someone! I bought the digital version of Majora's Mask and while at first it felt dated I've quickly sunk back into that great feeling of discovery I had when I played it as a kid. Helps that I've forgotten almost everything about the game! Been really enjoying the system and I'm very impressed with how solid the 3D itself has been. Thinking about maybe picking up Luigi's Mansion since I remember loving the Gamecube one.

Luigi's Mansion is fantastic so you should get it.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

So I guess there is an embargo up on Codename STEAM reviews?

EDIT - Doing some googling it looks like an embargo is in effect until Weds.

ColonelJohnMatrix fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Mar 10, 2015

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Sucks that Codename STEAM sounds pretty meh according to the reviews that are coming out.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Hey guys, I have about 30 dollars in e-shop cash and I was torn between buying Mario Kart 7 vs. several 3D Classics games. I was looking for a racing fix. I had MK8 for Wii U but traded it in long ago after beating everything (yes, i realize that was kinda dumb now considering 200cc mode) but with a 2 week business trip coming up I'm going to have a lot of downtime on the road and figure MK7 would possibly be a good choice. If I get several VC titles instead of MK7 I was thinking Outrun, Afterburner 2 and then I dunno?

What say you all? Thanks

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Awesome! posted:

what the gently caress

I bought it for 30 dollars on a black friday sale and gamestop gave me $40 trade in Feb. I traded it for Majora's Mask and regret nothing.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Does Mario Kart 7 have online battle mode with actual battle mode tracks?

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Sade posted:

Either you use the 3ds's built in system transfer utility or call nintendo and they will migrate your nintendo network id over for you. It might be a good excuse to call nintendo CS if you never have before; they have geeky hold music and their CS agents are super nice.

This is true. When I had to go through the manual transfer stuff when N3DS released I was shocked at how friendly they were. The hold music was the Hyrule Field theme from Ocarina of Time.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Updating New Leaf doesn't seem to bode well for the timely release of the next mainline game.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

I have around 10 hours of flight time over the next week, not including airports, and as such think it's maybe a good time to finally try a JRPG (that isn't Pokemon, I've played both current gen ones on 3DS already). Any good recommendations?

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Look up reviews on Dragon Quest and it looks cool but they all say it's a massive 100 hour commitment. Dunno that I want to get into something that deep. Maybe I should just pick up a few things off the virtual console.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Thanks for the suggestions all. Lots of choices.

Looking it up, is Rocket Slime only for DS? Asking because I guess I'll need a cart then.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Dragon Quest does look pretty drat cool. Is the story relatively easy enough to come back to from time to time and play in bursts or is it pretty complex?

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

One last question and I thank you all for answering mine thus far. I just went into the Gamestop near my work at lunch and played a demo of Kirby Planet Robobot. Does the full game own as much as the demo? Because drat, that was some good (albeit brief) Kirbyin'

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Thanks, gonna pick up Kirby tonight before packing. That poo poo was fun in the demo! (p.s. also gonna download Streets of Rage 2 3D)

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Despite owning the game for around two years now (i first got a 3ds when the N3DS launched), I've finally gotten into Fire Emblem Awakening. It's loving great.

Also, with the Switch coming out soon I just want to say that I love my 3DS. It's definitely my favorite gaming system of this decade. *pours a 40oz on the sidewalk

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

How does Advance Wars dual strike hold up? I loved the OG Advance Wars so much but never got around to Dual Strike. I played and loved FE Awakening and Fates and yet, as the newest FE game comes out I find myself jonsin' for some Advance Wars instead.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

One of the reasons I loved Advance Wars was because of the light hearted cheeriness. Given how Fire Emblem isn't exactly that, and the fact tanks and planes own, I think I need to go pick up a used copy locally. I need a FE break.

It's a dream of mine that we eventually get a Switch Wars

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

A local gamestop has one w/ box for $20 so I'll pick it up tonight. I'll probably still pickup the FE game because I can't resist, but it will be nice to have it.

I actually did play Days of Ruin shortly a few years ago but wasn't really down with the change in tone as I love the bright colors and all that from the first GBA AW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Picked up Dual Strike and it is a lot of fun. Coming from years of Fire Emblem, it feels very simple but that's a good thing as it does feel like a different type of game.

As for STEAM, yeah that was probably my biggest disappointment on the 3DS given how much I was looking forward to it.