Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Death By Yogurt
Apr 3, 2007

Problem description: For about a week my computer was experiencing frequent crashes, about two or three a day. The mouse and keyboard would become unresponsive and I would have to reboot it. I also had a few BSODs.

As of this morning my computer is no longer giving any video output on any monitor. With everything in as normal it boots to Windows as I eventually hear the sounds Windows makes when it's starting up, however my monitors are not detecting any video source at all.

I assumed it was a video card problem, but now I've also noticed that my motherboard is not giving me any beeps at all, not upon start up or even when the GPU/RAM/ and HD are removed.

At this point I'm still not sure what exactly is faulty inside, or what to even try next.

Attempted fixes:
I've tried a different monitor/DVI cables.
I've removed GPU, RAM, and HD and booted it up and it turns on.
Removed and then reset the CMOS battery.
Tried a different PCI slot of the GPU.
Unfortunately my motherboard does not have a video output so I can't test to see if I can't at least get to the BIOS screen.

Recent changes: Have you made any changes to your system/configuration recently that might have caused the problem?

No

Operating system: e.g. Windows 7 Home 64 bit

System specs:

ASUS P55 motherboard
Sapphire Radeon 5770 graphics card
i5 750 Intel processor
GSKILL DDR3 Ram 4 GBs
500 W power supply

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes/No Yes and yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Sounds like the motherboard and/or GPU might be dying.

I'd try another GPU if possible.

• Locked thread