Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

narcos is very good but very weirdly paced. they basically zoom through like 10 years in the first five episodes and then the time progression gets way slower. Its almost like they planned for a 1 season show and then halfway through they learned they were gonna do another one. I hope they don't try to drag it out longer than one more season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

I actually stopped watching Russian Doll around ep 4 because I hated the characters, but I ended up finishing and I’m glad I did, because I loved the ending. It didn’t “click” for me until episode 6. Honestly it’s more of a long movie than a show because it’s 4 hours total, so you might as well power through.

I just watched the Dangerous Comedy series and it was great, though I expected it to be terrible. It’s a very Netflix concept - I can see some content exec going “viewers that watch standup also watch travel shows!” - but it was a lot less insufferable than most similar travel shows where they go to “dangerous” countries. I appreciated the focus on interviews and giving the comedians so much time to explain their own perspective, rather than the “look at these crazy foreigners!” thing you usually see. Dark Tourist or whatever it was called was insanely poo poo.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

it feels like a mixed bag. Some of it is really good, but sometimes it just totally loses focus, and I could really do without the constant old TV shows edited in, which makes it feel like a youtube video sometimes.

Also Baked Alaska is seriously the dumbest person on earth. I'm glad he was included though lol. I like laughing at him.

Yeah my initial reaction at seeing the two “alt right” guys would be included (from the episode description) was “great, another platform for nazis” but it actually did a good job of making them look like the deranged unfunny psychopaths they are.