Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Hill House is a Thrill house (of slow burns!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

This show makes me think that McDowell's Blackwater movie could be made into a true to its nature series.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

Super Infra Man is on Amazon Prime. It’s the Shaw Brothers take on Japanese tokusatsu, not much as a story but full of fun and colorful visuals. They had a lovely cropped version of this up before but now it’s widescreen and in pretty good quality.

Its very much what the new seasons of MST3k are getting mojo from

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

I suggest mst3k's Mac and me episode

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Mac and Me is a fever dream

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Ant-Man and Wasp felt like a good Flubber remake no one asked for

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

I feel like both seasons we're unfinished half stories with terrible season enders, pretty though

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Franchescanado posted:

Some of the best episodes of MST3k have been in the new seasons.

Unless you just don't like MST3k, which is fine.

IT IS NOT FINE

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Umbrella Academy is xmen with powers almost never used, mysteries no one bothers to solve, and music used like a clumsy bludgeon. I love you they might be giants but holy poo poo that was poorly used.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

I haven't seen a good movie from South Korea since

TRAIN
TO
BUSAN

Prime or netflix got any new ones since 2016?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

You might have already seen it, since it came out in 2016, but The Wailing is one of the best horror movies ever made. I've heard it called "The Korean Exorcist", which is deeply unfair, because it sets unrealistic expectations that The Exorcist can't possibly live up to. :v:

I have super not seen it and now i shall thank you very much.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

The Monster

Worst creature feature I have seen in years. Please don't do what I did and watch it.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

The Wailing is excellent

Few questions
Is it a rule in South Korean films that if there is any comedic elements the movie is going to be hosed up, if there is no comedic elements it will be extra hosed up?

Are north koreans off the table culturally or do they ever use them for villains?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Frog Act posted:

Its like 1/3rd about the worst acted and least relevant mother daughter relationship in horror movie history, 1/3rd nothing, and 1/3rd on-the-cusp-of-cool monster stuff

Could have done so much more than they did but it was basically really lazy

Its been a while since I have seen a monster in a movie and went thats someone in a bad rubber suit not in a fun way

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

you are in safe hands with the director of "the chase" an "the yellow sea"

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Wonder if the american remake will star Kevin James

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

nate fisher posted:

It is more I don't think The Wailing deserves to be listed along with them (as it usually is) as the best Korean movies.

Its one of the better ones I have seen in the past few years though. I had a drought of SK movies I enjoyed from 2016-yesterday