Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

Anyone with Hulu Plus, there's some good stuff Horror-wise on there: The Devil's Rejects, Night of the Living Dead '90, all 3 Ginger Snaps and Scanners movies, From Beyond, Cannibal Holocaust, Blair Witch 2, Candyman, The House on Sorority Row, House by the Cemetery,. The Beyond, Frankenhooker, Inferno, The Prowler, Let Sleeping Corpses Lie, Pieces, Intruder, Prince of Darkness, Slither, The Funhouse and a few more good ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

Random Stranger posted:

And if I can go for the classic horror route through the Criterion collection (which if you like classic movies at all is by far the best reason to have Hulu Plus), there's House (the Japanese one), Carnival of Souls, Kwaidan, Eyes Without a Face, and Kuroneko.

Not to mention The Brood, Fiend Without a Face, Equinox. Hulu Plus is well worth the $8.

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

Daedra posted:

Just finished Peaky Blinders. Really good show and I avoided it for a while just because of the goofy name. Any other TV series on Netflix worth a drat?

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the best goddamn comedy on Netflix.

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

The ads on Hulu really aren't that bad, it's still less total time then watching it when it airs on TV.

And I've said this before, the Criterion Collection stuff on Hulu Plus is easily worth the $8 alone (and it's ad-free as are most of their movies).

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

I didn't hate The Cobbler but there's such a low bar with Sandler movies and this isn't even close to his worst (which is Zohan).

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

Gilok posted:

Look at this innocent soul who hasn't seen this thing. This is literally the worst movie I have ever seen.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096870/

I've managed to and, hopefully, will continue to avoid this.

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

It's on youtube but Argento's Phenomena is still amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd765s-PFX0

Yeah except that's a terrible edited cut of the movie, the full uncut version is on YouTube though as well.

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

MacGowans Teeth posted:

"Featuring music by IRON MAIDEN and MOTORHEAD" :swoon: I remember liking the version that was/is on Amazon Prime, but I didn't know there was an uncut version available. Guess I know what I'll be watching tonight.

That soundtrack is something else.

That movie is something else, actually. Kinda wish Argento would go all out like he used to.

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

The only good stuff Argento has done since...I guess The Stendhal Syndrome...are his two Masters of Horror episodes and even those people aren't thrilled about (Pelts is loving awesome though).

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

Whoever has a ton of movies in their queue may want to check it because I've got like 70 movies being taken off on October 1st, looks like not renewing the Epix deal is gonna take a big chunk of stuff off Netflix. Luckily most or all of it will still be on Prime and Hulu.

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

Netflix still have a lot of stuff to offer movie-wise and who knows what kind of deals they'll strike up down the road, the big Disney one kicks in next year and they'll have exclusive rights to all the Disney/Marvel/Star Wars stuff.

I do like that Hulu is being persistent and getting some good poo poo, the Criterion Collection alone on Hulu is worth the monthly price.

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

Also remember not everything they added is on these lists, the fun part of the first of every month is searching through and finding the less popular titles that suddenly show up.

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

M*A*S*H is off Netflix as of April 1st, they're still in talks with Fox to keep it up though.

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

The best thing to do with Prime is when you find a movie you know you'll wanna watch, watchlist that poo poo so you won't have to go searching for it ever again.

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

Baronash posted:

Is Sideways streaming anywhere? I keep hoping it's going to show up on Netflix or Amazon, but I've had both for years and I don't think it ever has.

Free on Vudu, it does have ads though and I haven't streamed through them so I can't say if it's good quality but hey, free.

Also, on Netflix, we got Uwe Boll's last and third Rampage movie, the first two are ridiculous and dumb but oh so entertaining.

Aaaand the Indiana Jones movies are on Hulu and Prime.

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

A MIRACLE posted:

Encino Man is on Netflix and it's legit good. Holds up very well. I'm afraid I might be going down a Pauly Shore rabbit hole though

So does Son-in-Law, after that though you're just risking it (although Bio-Dome has its fans).

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

Azathoth posted:

I'd like some recommendations for movies on Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu.

I'm looking for action-y/exciting movies that spend as much of their runtime as possible being action-y/exciting with as little of that annoying character development or tension building as possible. I understand that this means that I'm gonna be watching schlocky stuff, but I'm cool with that.

Could be sci-fi, westerns, slasher flicks, martial arts/fighting, whatever, just something where I can turn my higher brain functions off and watch buildings explode, people die, awesome poo poo happen, etc.

Thoughts on what is good, or at least not bad?

Netflix: London has Fallen
Knowing
The Punisher
Everly
Hot Fuzz
The Rock
Bad Boys II
Collateral Damage
Spectral

Hulu and Prime have a poo poo ton of stuff that are on both like the Bond flicks and the Lethal Weapon series.

Escape from La is on prime, too, and Hard Rain which is a pretty entertaining action/disaster movie with Christian Slater and Morgan Freeman.

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

I guess that 3 hour classic cartoons set is back on Prime, just watched The Wacky Wabbit and the quality was pretty good.

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

I'll give Yoga Hosers this much, it's not nearly as bad as Cop Out was.

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

The only Kevin Smith movie I flat-out hate is Cop Out. Everything else he's done has ranged from Okay to goddamn I love this (This includes Clerks II, Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob, Zack and Miri), I guess Smith's humor is just my kinda poo poo. Yoga Hosers was one of the just okay films and I mostly felt that the two leads were pretty good and deserved a better movie around them, could've done without the stupid Canadian accents as well.

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

And come September, Hulu is getting Full House, Family Matters, Perfect Strangers, Step by Step and Hanging with Mr. Cooper.

It's gonna be like reliving primetime television when I was growing up all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

Unzip and Attack posted:

I watched the first few episodes of Justified and it just didn't click for me. Seemed way too, I don't know, PG-13? Does it improve as the series progresses?

Very much so